Tron 2.0 
 TRON 2.0: KILLER APP Mod

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 10 PagesNextLast
Argent
User

RE: TRON 2.0: KILLER APP Mod

on Saturday, April, 05, 2014 3:27 PM
Would it be possible to code things so that the player who's been slowed can do something to break the effect? I'm thinking of other FPS's where you have weapons that do DOT damage (flamethrowers, for example), and the player can do something to cancel the effect prematurely (touching water to put out the flames, grabbing a health pickup, etc.) If the player can do something similar to cancel out of being slowed, that might help balance things out.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, April, 05, 2014 8:00 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

It makes perfect sense, and it's a good idea.

But, the game won't support that behavior, unfortunately. You can't prevent someone from throwing the disc as often as they like, and stunning more than one player. That is, unless you make the energy consumption for the disc so high, that the person using it runs out of energy after a couple of throws. That would limit its use.

I think the best solution is probably to have the disc only become available quite some time after the map loads. And, maybe increase its energy consumption to higher than I have it now. Right now, it doesn't use much energy so it can be thrown plenty of times.

Gotta make allowances for the limits of the technology. Maybe it could be a temporary power-up, like the turbo-boost and turbo-curse in the LC modes?

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, April, 07, 2014 9:38 PM

Yeah, sorry guys, but those types of behavior aren't really possible, either. You can't selectively take away a player's powerup or subroutine. (You can only take away all of a player's subroutines.) And there's no way to cancel out a damage effect from a weapon.

At least, not without complex modification of the game's code. It was already very difficult to even get the game to support an extra disc in Multiplayer. It's hard-coded to only support three, and required modifying the game's binary code to get the new fourth disc to work. Given the source code, pretty much anything would be possible. Until then, it requires staying the course of modding the game, with a lot of effort and perseverance.

That being said, there are a number of cool things that have been added recently to the game in v1.2 of the mod, that I haven't shown yet. I think you'll be surprised at some of what has been accomplished, even without source code.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Argent
User

on Tuesday, April, 08, 2014 10:33 PM
Really looking forward to seeing what you guys have done! I'll be reinstalling Tron 2.0 once the release goes live. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, April, 30, 2014 1:49 AM

More details here: http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2014/04/tron-20-killer-app-mod-v12-demoing-new.html

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, April, 30, 2014 4:02 PM
So when this does go live, do I have to uninstall then reinstall the whole thing?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, April, 30, 2014 10:26 PM

Uninstall the game: nope. Uninstall the current version of Killer App: yes.

Uninstall other add-ons: depends. Custom maps, definitely not. But stuff like the Ancient Disc Mod or Legacy Disc Mod, probably. Also, User Error 1 and 2 will be updated to work better with Killer App v1.2.

At any rate, one of the new features in the installer for Killer App v1.2 is to show you the other add-ons available, offer an opportunity to download them, and install them in the correct order. So, that should help with getting everything installed correctly.

As for when v1.2 gets released: as mentioned in the link with more details, some time this summer. Probably. Maybe. Can't promise any specific date.

It all depends on how much time I can find to finish things up, and whether or not I run into any difficulties implementing the remaining features that still need to be completed. All I can say for sure is, I'd really like to get this done sooner rather than later. It's been taking much longer than planned. But the people who worked on it - myself included - don't always have a lot of spare time.

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, May, 02, 2014 1:50 AM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Uninstall the game: nope. Uninstall the current version of Killer App: yes.

Uninstall other add-ons: depends. Custom maps, definitely not. But stuff like the Ancient Disc Mod or Legacy Disc Mod, probably. Also, User Error 1 and 2 will be updated to work better with Killer App v1.2.

At any rate, one of the new features in the installer for Killer App v1.2 is to show you the other add-ons available, offer an opportunity to download them, and install them in the correct order. So, that should help with getting everything installed correctly.

As for when v1.2 gets released: as mentioned in the link with more details, some time this summer. Probably. Maybe. Can't promise any specific date.

It all depends on how much time I can find to finish things up, and whether or not I run into any difficulties implementing the remaining features that still need to be completed. All I can say for sure is, I'd really like to get this done sooner rather than later. It's been taking much longer than planned. But the people who worked on it - myself included - don't always have a lot of spare time.

In other words, I should reset things to the point as if I'd just gotten and installed the game for the first time?

Also, there's a Legacy Disk mod? I didn't know that. I'll have to get that one.

Tron Lives!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, June, 18, 2014 11:39 PM

Ram64 Wrote:
When trying to launch the Killer App Mod, it tells me that it could not find Player.txt, though I know for a fact that it is there. What do?

I know this reply is probably coming way too late. But, I'm going to respond anyway, in case anyone else experiences the same thing.

If you change the name of your player profile in Tron 2.0, after installing the mod, that's usually the cause of that error. If you leave the profile name as the default, it shouldn't happen.

An easy fix to that, would be to make a copy the existing Player.txt file (or whatever you've changed it to by changing the profile name) in the Profiles folder, inside your Tron 2.0 game folder. Then rename the copied file to _Player.txt with the underscore character in front of it.

The Player.txt error won't affect your ability to run the game, but it does prevent you from using the Mod Manager properly.

In the upcoming v1.2 of the mod, the way things work have changed substantially and that error will be a thing of the past.

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, June, 27, 2014 2:08 AM

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, August, 15, 2014 10:27 PM

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, October, 11, 2014 2:55 PM

I'm planning to do an emergency Killer App Mod v1.1a release.

It will install properly on the Steam version without having to mess around, and it will also incorporate the better Multiplayer fix I had planned to debut with Killer App v1.2. All the other huge improvements will have to wait for KA v1.2, though.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, October, 11, 2014 5:10 PM

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, October, 31, 2014 12:55 AM

Killer App Mod v1.1a is an interim release that works better with the Steam version of TRON 2.0, fixes bugs, and restores Multiplayer support in-game on both the CD/DVD and Steam versions.

The download link for the updated mod is in the description of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJQOmy6JCOM

The updated mod should show up on ModDB soon, which will likely give TRON 2.0 Multiplayer a shot in the arm from this point forward.

You might also want to grab the Complete Map Pack that has fan-made Multiplayer maps in it. There are a number of them that are actually very good . . . retail quality.

Get it from here: http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=388383

I'll update the first post in this topic to reflect the release of v1.1a, as soon as I have more time.

flynn1978
User

on Thursday, November, 06, 2014 3:12 AM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Killer App Mod v1.1a is an interim release that works better with the Steam version of TRON 2.0, fixes bugs, and restores Multiplayer support in-game on both the CD/DVD and Steam versions.

The download link for the updated mod is in the description of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJQOmy6JCOM

The updated mod should show up on ModDB soon, which will likely give TRON 2.0 Multiplayer a shot in the arm from this point forward.

You might also want to grab the Complete Map Pack that has fan-made Multiplayer maps in it. There are a number of them that are actually very good . . . retail quality.

Get it from here: http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=388383

I'll update the first post in this topic to reflect the release of v1.1a, as soon as I have more time.

where to buy abortion pills online an abortion pill buy abortion pills online
1st off--that "where to buy abortion" stuff--I believe I saw one of my posts say that...  We gettin' hack'd or something??
Also, I got the Killer App mod installed on my Steam 2.0--Do I just go into the online internet games (in the game) to look for Multiplayer??  Or--do I have to click on your servers on LDSO?  Just wondering what the steps are to play MP-now that MP is "fixed."

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, November, 06, 2014 4:42 PM

flynn1978 Wrote:
1st off--that "where to buy abortion" stuff--I believe I saw one of my posts say that...  We gettin' hack'd or something??

Looks that way.  I already alerted Auric to this months ago, but I see it's still a problem.

Or--do I have to click on your servers on LDSO?

No.  That's the old way of doing it.  The older Multiplayer Fix has been retired.

Also, I got the Killer App mod installed on my Steam 2.0--Do I just go into the online internet games (in the game) to look for Multiplayer??

Yes.  I demonstrated being able to find and join servers in the game itself, in the latest YouTube video I posted. You would have known if you'd watched it . . .

i need to buy the abortion pill abortion pill order abortion pill

flynn1978
User

on Thursday, November, 06, 2014 6:53 PM
I believe I installed the right Killer App mod--However, I don't see Jet showing up.  I don't see his textures change, and I don't seem to see the Killer App words in the upright of the screen... :[

Not sure where I mess'd up... :[

Edit: I do have the word "custom" in the start menu...  Didn't see anything but "retail" in the custom section... :[

edit2: when I have "retail" on, i do get the KMX skins and the LDSO intro thing...

FYI-I use Windows XP

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, November, 08, 2014 3:46 AM

flynn1978 Wrote:
I believe I installed the right Killer App mod

When did you install it?  If it was after October 30th, then it should have been the updated v1.1a version.

The differences between the older v1.1 and the new v1.1a are very noticeable.  When you download version 1.1a it comes in the form of a self-extracting executable (instead of a .zip), it says v1.1a during installation, and in-game during loading screens for Single Player it should say v1.1a at the bottom.

edit2: when I have "retail" on, i do get the KMX skins and the LDSO intro thing...

Well, that was part of the problem right there.  The mod was disabled.  There needs to be an X beside the word Retail.  Maybe you were messing around in the Mod Manager program and disabled the mod, then forgot about it?  Dunno.  The mod is supposed to be enabled right away, after installation, without you having to do anything.

Try running the Mod Manager, and see if it complains about the mod having been disabled.

Once you see Jet and the logo at the top right of the screen, then it should be working correctly.

i need to buy the abortion pill abortion pill order abortion pill

flynn1978
User

on Sunday, November, 09, 2014 4:36 PM
Got v1.1a!!  Got in installed alright--I'm just peachy!!  FYI--Programs, I'm joining a regular map right now, if anyone wants to play--you can play me right now!!

I figure I'll install the custom maps later!

edit: TronFAQ--I sent you a PM--please give it a look-see if you get a chance.

edit2: Now that we have the multiplayer fixed--we don't have to click on the servers on your website to play MP-right?  We just go into the game and join the MP?

Please excuse all the messages...  I'm also still up for anyone to play MP right now!

EDIT3--I got some MP in!!!  Disc arena, DM, and LC!!  Yeah!!i need to buy the abortion pill abortion pill order abortion pill

FirstPrevious Page: of 10 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 TRON 2.0: KILLER APP Mod