Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 MCP Dedicated Server program

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, February, 13, 2008 7:02 PM
Hey, I was wondering about the MCPserver program for dedicated servers. Sounds like a great program to use for Friday Night Fights when I can't personally join. Does it show player stats (i.e. whoever won the game/circuit/match)? Also, I noticed it has a command to show recent posts on Boxhat, but that site (to my knowledge) has been down for quite some time. Additionally, can I create my own user commands (i.e. !helpme) or are those also built in.

What I wanna do is use it for FNF while I can't play, so that I can later add up scores (see Friday Night Fights! thread for scoring rules) and close the server and join an already existing server for me to play on with the other competitors. Is there a way to have MCPserver keep track of wins?

Also, which version of MCPserver should I download? Or is there a better dedicated server program?

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Jademz
User

Re: MCP Dedicated Server program

on Wednesday, February, 13, 2008 8:12 PM
All I can say is... I can't say much.
The MCP is being developed by Mr. Anderson, so I'm not at liberty to discuss possibilities, I will say he's working on it. I use a version that he built, and hasn't released.

The boxhat feature on the commands was just left in there. it doesn't actually search recent posts on Boxhat, it looks at Tron-Sector.

If you learn VB you would be able to manipulate the code, but ATM, the usefulness of VB in the MCP has many limitations in windows.

If you knew C++, the possibility for you to do what you want would be more appropriate.. uh.. possibly..

The original MCP was written in VB, It's had something like 3500 lines of code added by Mr Anderson(I'm guessing). Put it this way, the version you see on my servers has a small percentage of what the original was.

I can't speak for him, so you'd have to contact him. I have a teamspeak 2 server, you may find him there..
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, February, 13, 2008 9:59 PM
Sorry.. but to answer your first question, It does not currently display player stats in a console, and yes, it is possible. if you have suggestions, please post them, chances are he may add what you like.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, February, 13, 2008 11:26 PM
What I meant by that was this:

When you complete a Lightcycles circuit and it says "So and so won the Circuit!", does the MCPserver program say that in the little chat box?

If not, does it display the messages like "TRON.dll won the race!" or "There was a Tie for first place!" that appear in the chat area?

Anyways, which version should I download?

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Jademz
User

on Thursday, February, 14, 2008 12:54 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:When you complete a Lightcycles circuit and it says "So and so won the Circuit!", does the MCPserver program say that in the little chat box?

If not, does it display the messages like "TRON.dll won the race!" or "There was a Tie for first place!" that appear in the chat area?

At the moment, he doesn't have that included, but will try to include it in a future version.

Source code would tell people how to access the program, and it's not available to see how the server it's-self talks, the application must be made one way or another.

Back in the day, C-Sports.net queried gamespy, or BVG servers, and gave details about every player who enters the server, times(incl spec mode I believe), hits, misses, points, wins, losses, everything possible. No body I know of to date has been able to contact someone capable of answering how, but we all want to know.

TRON.dll Wrote:Anyways, which version should I download?

The version on Tronlink.net is the only version publicly available.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer