TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON Sequel gets Kosinski on Board

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 6 Pages
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: TRON Sequel gets Kosinski on Board

on Sunday, September, 23, 2007 3:59 AM

CyberBlade Wrote:Maby send them an annoying little email too?
the best way to get to them is to write in, sure we are somewhat a small community but i must insist that people dont just post their issues on here (sure you can post to share your thoughts) but also take it up with disney.

i would like to know if they have ever just been a complete nerd and written in to a movie studio and well "given them a peice of my mind" so to speak.
Well, I did just that a couple of months ago. I sent in multiple copies of my petition, accompanied by a letter "giving them a piece of my mind". I don't know if it had any kind of effect or not (never received a reply), but seeing a movie sequel announced a couple of months later was kind of a bizarro moment.

I also asked people to write letters then, but I don't know if anyone did or not. If not, they still should. I gave the address to write to in a message post.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

lurkinghorror
User

on Sunday, September, 23, 2007 4:06 AM
CyberBlade Wrote:
"give the fans what they want."

Of course, the trick is that not all fans want the same thing.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Traahn
User

on Sunday, September, 23, 2007 4:09 AM
DaveTRON wrote: Disney doesn't get TRON anymore, if they ever did. They didn't understand what it said to us in 1982, they don't know why it lives on like it does, and they have no idea how to take it into the future. To be honest, I don't know that anyone, including Steven, really does at this point.
I assume you're talking visually? I'm not convinced it needs to be visually taken "into the future." I can think of some trilogies and sextilogies (or whatever it would be called) that happily and successfully took place in roughly the same universe throughout the series. I think this notion of needing to 'take it into the future' is what turned The Neverending Story into a complete joke.

If you're only talking about the story, then I still don't agree...where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Traahn
User

on Sunday, September, 23, 2007 4:14 AM
lurkinghorror Wrote:
CyberBlade Wrote:
"give the fans what they want."

Of course, the trick is that not all fans want the same thing.
True, but since we're all here because we liked Tron, I don't think much harm would be done by sticking to a formula that worked for us once already.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

lurkinghorror
User

on Sunday, September, 23, 2007 5:29 AM
Traahn Wrote:
True, but since we're all here because we liked Tron, I don't think much harm would be done by sticking to a formula that worked for us once already.

The formula is pretty basic (in a good way). It's really very Wizard of Oz/stranger in a strange land/heroic journey at it's heart. And I do agree that this formula should be preserved. In fact, you may recall my endorsement for a remake. That's what I meant really. We don't all want the same thing. Some of us want the original characters, some of us want new ones. Some of us want the world of Tron to reflect modern technology, some of us don't see that as being necessary. As fan communities go, we lack a unified voice, though I tend to think this keeps things interesting around here.

Off topic: It looks like I'll be in Seattle again next year. You should try to come to the show again.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Sunday, September, 23, 2007 12:31 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:
I personally would rather spend the rest of my life with the TRON that I have, and never see anything new, than watch it be mangled by one more set of hands that don't get it.

Fortunately for me, the Star Wars prequels were a good training ground for this. I have completely disowned them as part of the Star Wars family and ignore their existence. I can still enjoy the original 3 without even thinking of anything else.

If it has to be that way with Tron.... so be it.
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

zordmaker
User

on Friday, October, 05, 2007 8:13 PM
User Hastin Wrote:
TORONTO -- Commercial director Joseph Kosinski is in final negotiations to develop and direct "Tron," described as "the next chapter" of Disney's 1982 cult classic. Sean Bailey is producing via the Live Planet banner, as is Steven Lisberger, who co-wrote and directed the original film.

Kosinski, who last month signed on to helm the remake of "Logan's Run" for Warner Bros. Pictures, will oversee the visual development of the project and have input on the script, which is being written by "Lost" scribes Eddie Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. Story details are being kept secret.

Yea! Finally!

Link to the full article, found through MiceChat.

My one horror :

that live action actors will be replaced by computer animation, either motion capture or otherwise.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Whoever is doing this.. No we dont expect you to do the thing with backlight compositing anymore but don't replace those suited actors. If you do you remove the performace and Tron is DEAD!

zordmakerwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

dversjaz
User

on Saturday, October, 13, 2007 11:21 PM
I'm sooooooo interested in this but I have to agree that it's time for disney to finish this thing out. I'm tired of seeing flashes of what is to be, only to find that it was just a some scary executive sticking their big toe in the water. It has always been the the case that Disney has been conservative about this movie (since it didn't do well in theatres). I'm must hoping they give this movie, which is a part of their franchise, a chance to rise again. It's only fair. As a childhood fan, I have been waiting for the day when the rest of the world would catch up to what was 82'

End of Line

Conduit
User

on Tuesday, October, 16, 2007 10:51 PM
I've been away from this site for a while, and I just checked this site again today. Man I'm glad I did. This is great news. I really hope this gets beyond preproduction. And I hope that they won't ignore the game and comics that have continued the story since then. At the very least, they should look at the new designs.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Qix77
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 4:05 AM
Looking back on this thread, and now knowing that "Joe Kosinski's" name had be brought up again (some reporting that he will direct TR2N), then that validates the original post.

Very interesting... on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

FirstPrevious Page: of 6 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON Sequel gets Kosinski on Board