Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Film Chat 
 Why/when did you see "Hot Pursuit" (1987)?!?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Brycea
User

on Thursday, June, 29, 2006 5:35 PM
After having had the pleasure of meeting Steven Lisberger at a film lecture series presented, in part, by MOMA of San Francisco, I finally got around to renting "Hot Pursuit." Either I didn't have Netflix then, or Netflix didn't have it since I watched an old VHS from Le Video (an excellent S.F. video store for odd, old and obscure films)...

Lisberger has listed many reasons why he didn't continue making films with Hollywood, but "Hot Pursuit" is certainly one of them.

When did you see it? Why?

-Bryce
Thunderbird Theatre Company

DaveTRON
User

Re: Why/when did you see "Hot Pursuit" (1987)?!?

on Friday, June, 30, 2006 12:48 AM
I like HP. I think it's a good fun film. I own a copy along with his other major film Slipstream. Not as big of a fan of that film, but it's not bad.

DaveTRON

Nikster
User

on Friday, June, 30, 2006 2:31 AM
For those who are curious...

Hot Persuit...
http://imdb.com/title/tt0093215/
and

Slipstream...
http://imdb.com/title/tt0098350/

Yes...I am that bored right now

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Qix77
User

on Friday, June, 30, 2006 4:11 AM
I never saw Hot Pursuit (will look for it though) but I miss John Cusack's teen roles. I always loved "Better Off Dead" and "One Crazy Summer". Those were really great 80's teen movies that you just can't get anymore. Clean enough to watch with the kids and funny enough to have a great time with.

"Sure Thing" was also good, but I never liked any of his roles since. My most hated movie with him in it was "Being John Malkovich". I'm sorry for those of you that are fans of the movie, but I just hated it. It was tooooo weird. Like independent film weird. ewwww... (sorry everyone.. I just didn't like it).

Ok... back on topic...

I'd like to check out this movie if I can find it to rent. I'd also like to check out "Slipstream" since it's another one of Steve's films that I missed.

Popcrazy
User

RE: Why/when did you see "Hot Pursuit" (1987)?!?

on Tuesday, February, 08, 2011 1:37 AM
I watched it in 1996 bcoz I had heard about this movie and its lot of fun and enjoy!
I rate it 8/10!!

Nort2011
User

RE: Why/when did you see "Hot Pursuit" (1987)?!?

on Sunday, April, 10, 2011 6:47 AM
Hilariously fun movie! John Cusack was great, lots of parts I'm going to remember in it from him such as the airplane scene. Also, Ben Stiller (as well as his father, acting as his father in the film) had a major role, and this was one of the first movies he ever played in! So that's pretty neat right there. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, Wendy Carlos did the music for the film after scoring TRON.

Oh, and to answer your main question, I saw Hot Pursuit just recently actually. Why? Because it's Steven Lisberger for crying out loud! And John Cusack!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Film Chat