Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 New Tron movie is comming!!!!!!!!!!!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
tron_fanfare
User

Re: New Tron movie is comming!!!!!!!!!!!

on Friday, October, 28, 2005 7:44 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:Monolith is part of Warner Brothers now, so the it's doubtful that TRON 3.0 would have been in the same engine. It was likely going to be developed by someone else.

I think I have said this before, but the one brilliant idea for an expansiopn pack for 2.0 that Bob Picunko ever had was to redo TRON 1.0 in game form as the expansion. Basically it would have been a prequel to the 2.0 game with all of the events of the film plus some of the interim action between the film and 2.0 the game.

I thought it was a brilliant idea, but it too died on the vine.

If Ic an find it, I will post my story idea for TRON 2.0 the game later today. I'd be curious what you guys think of it. I thought I had a good game idea, maybe not terribly original, but a game was there.

The tron 1.0 idea woul be possible as a mod done by the user community. Think about it. Most of us know how to make maps for tron 2.0 multiplayer, just need to figure out the scripting. Might need to find some people to do voiceovers for Flynn, Tron/Alan, Ram, Yori/Larua and so on but I believe this would be fully possible. Why wait for BVG to get their collective head out of you know where?

"How are ya gonna run the universe if you can't even answer a few unsolvable problems?" - Flynn in the real world

RedShoe
User

on Monday, December, 12, 2005 8:20 AM
Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:

You can't believe everything you read on the internet. Even imdb.com, the site I trust the most for movie related facts is pretty awful when it comes to information about future productions. Rumors and whispers are sometimes touted as fact, but then turn out to be nothing more than just an idea someone had or an interest maybe shown at some point in something.

I used to work in special effects in the movie industry. A lot of times what happens is a studio will dump a ton of cash into a project. You'll read about it in Variety or on IMDB then a few moths down the road it quietly gets put on a shelf and sometimes may never even make it to the big screen.

I worked on Species 2 (hey.. I needed the money at the time... DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!) and while at the fx shop Warner brothers came in a built two walls in a corner of the shop, (creating a small room) where the superman suit was being sculpted. They wanted it so secret that they built a small room for it. They even had a guard sometimes sit out front so only authorized sculptors could go in.

RIDICULOUS.

It was for the Nic Cage version written by Kevin Smith... And this was back on Species 2. think about it. That project had a TON of money invested and then got dropped. Same thing happened to Shrek. I had a friend working on that in a studio down in Santa Monica off 3rd street, and that also got put on the shelf for a while. That one got shelved because a movie came out or was about to come out that eventually flopped. I forget what movie that was. It was a good thing that had more faith in Shrek. It certainly paid off.

So sometimes those rumors ARE fact but for $ome rea$on the project gets canned.

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, December, 12, 2005 10:38 AM
TRON 2 has been started, stopped and restarted so many times at this point that nobody has any clue what is up.

I have a rumor I am working right now through a connection that says it's up on a Production Board at Disney for Summer 2007 release.

That means filming ought to be starting .....TOMORROW! I don't think so.

Still, one of these days I'd like the rumor to be true.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 New Tron movie is comming!!!!!!!!!!!