Graphics Programs (some are free!)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Omega.User
User

on Tuesday, August, 17, 2004 4:39 PM
Grahics Programs
This is for the people who don't want to spend a lot of money to buy other sepcial effects programs.

Check out the gimp and blender. I am not sure which programs in here could make glowing circuitry. For that I suggest saving up money and buying adobe after effects. Of course you could try axagon which can be used to make lightsabers. Who knows, maybe it can do circuitry.

The blender is a powerful (FREE) 3d program. Go here:

Blender
The gimp? The gimp is a lot like photoshop. It has a lot of photoshop type filters and adjustment features (levels,curves,color balance) in it and is just about as powerful as photoshop. The only downside I see in it is that you can only save with jpgs, gifs etc. It doesn't have anything like .psd file so you wont' be able to have multiple layers.

Wadya think???abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

-----------------------------------------------------
"Alan one computed that a User would be five hundred twenty-six times more powerful operating within the system than from without." -Ma3a

IsoLine
User

Re: Graphics Programs (some are free!)

on Tuesday, August, 17, 2004 7:37 PM
I've tried Blender. Really hated the interface but I hear they have improved it some. I would suggest NURBANA a freeware NURBS based modeler but it appears to be gone now.

Blenderwars seems to have some good links too and they have a list of pluggins for the GIMP program you described.

http://www.blenderwars.com/content.php?module=download

I have never tried it, mainly because I was given a copy of Photoshop when I bought Premiere, and I already owned Paint Shop 5. I have seen another freeware 2D graphics program. Its called Dogwaffle and it boasts some pretty impressive features for a freeware graphics designer. Here's that site.

http://www.squirreldome.com/cyberop.htm

Technically you can do glow effects in any paint program that supports video, you really don't have to have After Effects. However I would gather After Effects is probably easier to make glow effects on video without doing conversions to a paint file and so on. Probably more automated. I gotta sit down and use it one day and see, there should be some sort of filter.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Omega.User
User

on Tuesday, August, 17, 2004 7:59 PM
I have after effects and already know how I will do the glow effects. All I need is a camera and a suit.

If you don't get Blender you can got through these tutorials. Presently, I am doing them to.

BlenderTuts
Those are some pretty cool sites you showed. I may just go back to them some time.

"Alan one computed that a User would be five hundred twenty-six times more powerful operating within the system than from without." -Ma3a

IsoLine
User

on Tuesday, August, 17, 2004 8:05 PM
Omega.User Wrote:I have after effects and already know how I will do the glow effects. All I need is a camera and a suit.

If you don't get Blender you can got through these tutorials. Presently, I am doing them to.

BlenderTuts
Those are some pretty cool sites you showed. I may just go back to them some time.

Yeah, unfortunately not ALL the links still work but its nice to know there are resources for those financially strapped. I just remembered another 3D program which does deserve a plug and has been around as long as Blender, if not longer. Its DoGA, a japanese created freeware 3D modeling and animation program. Its also gone through alot of iterations so alot of the features are better than the past versions, but I personally haven't used it.

http://www.doga.co.jp/english/

OnlySolutions1982
User

on Tuesday, August, 17, 2004 10:42 PM
For the glow effects that I did on my T-Shirt (in the file archive section), I used a high-contrast compositing technique very similar to the original movie method. Anyone who has Premiere can do this. Though the program is not free, the method is relatively easy. I can go into more detail if anyone is interested.

Traahn
User

on Thursday, August, 19, 2004 12:18 AM
I don't have Premiere, but I'm interested. I may get Premier or something similar some day, and would like to be prepared I'm always interested in learning more about how people come up with Tron-like effects.

PS - Thanks for the links Omega.User. I've downloaded and am trying to figure out Blender. Ahhhh, gotta love learning curves. Why can't we just download the info into our brains like in Matrix?order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Omega.User
User

on Thursday, August, 19, 2004 12:24 PM
PS - Thanks for the links Omega.User. I've downloaded and am trying to figure out Blender. Ahhhh, gotta love learning curves. Why can't we just download the info into our brains like in Matrix?

Are you using the tutorial link I posted?order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

IsoLine
User

on Thursday, August, 19, 2004 5:19 PM
Traahn Wrote:I don't have Premiere, but I'm interested. I may get Premier or something similar some day, and would like to be prepared I'm always interested in learning more about how people come up with Tron-like effects.

PS - Thanks for the links Omega.User. I've downloaded and am trying to figure out Blender. Ahhhh, gotta love learning curves. Why can't we just download the info into our brains like in Matrix?

If we could just download the info and be infused with knowledge, where would the fun and challenge be?
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Omega.User
User

on Thursday, August, 19, 2004 7:18 PM
I was playing around with blender and I suddenly realized that if you use a shape called an IcoShpere you can make Byte exactly the way he is in the game. And using the world settings you can make everything around Byte Green. Like a green screen.

I have actually created the Byte but I am still working on something. I will post a picture later.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Omega.User
User

on Thursday, August, 19, 2004 7:41 PM
Also here is a link that has hundreds of answers to questions you will come up with after a while of playing around with blender.

Check it outabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

OnlySolutions1982
User

on Friday, August, 20, 2004 5:07 PM
Traahn, I’m working on a tutorial for the technique I described. It might take time, but I’ll let everyone know when I have something to show.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Traahn
User

on Sunday, August, 22, 2004 3:22 PM
Thanks OnlySolutions! And thanks Omega... I hadn't visited the BlenderTuts before. I'll check it out. Also, good point regarding the IcoSphere; I know what you're saying. i accidentally started pulling sections of the sphere out to make peaks like Bit Although the Bit connection didn't hit me until you said that. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

IsoLine - The fun and challenge for me would be CREATING! I love to be able to use my knowledge and experience to make things or to fix problems. Thus, the fun for me would be making a 3D animation.

I have lots of ideas I'd like to do, but take DEdit for example. I've gone through the tutorials and stuff, but it's still a chore trying to figure things out or use things effectively (occlusion, AI routines, skyboxes, etc.). I'd rather just have all the knowledge at my fingertips so I could go to town building myself a new Tron 2.0 level.

Although I do derive pleasure and reward from learning new things and walking through tutorials, for the most part I'd rather not waste time on that portion of things (if I had a choice).

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

IsoLine
User

on Sunday, August, 22, 2004 10:39 PM
Traahn Wrote:Thanks OnlySolutions! And thanks Omega... I hadn't visited the BlenderTuts before. I'll check it out. Also, good point regarding the IcoSphere; I know what you're saying. i accidentally started pulling sections of the sphere out to make peaks like Bit Although the Bit connection didn't hit me until you said that. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

IsoLine - The fun and challenge for me would be CREATING! I love to be able to use my knowledge and experience to make things or to fix problems. Thus, the fun for me would be making a 3D animation.

I have lots of ideas I'd like to do, but take DEdit for example. I've gone through the tutorials and stuff, but it's still a chore trying to figure things out or use things effectively (occlusion, AI routines, skyboxes, etc.). I'd rather just have all the knowledge at my fingertips so I could go to town building myself a new Tron 2.0 level.

Although I do derive pleasure and reward from learning new things and walking through tutorials, for the most part I'd rather not waste time on that portion of things (if I had a choice).

I understand Traahn. I'll be the first to admit, I love to tear into playing with my toys before reading the instructions. Nothing wrong with that.

Autowoman
User

on Friday, January, 26, 2007 8:59 PM
Daz: http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/software/studio/2105f6894396aabffd575fcf0c537d20/?
Here's one I had. But I couldn't do much with it. But maybe one of you can.

I primarily use a sharewere version of Paint Shop Pro in tandom with the GIMP program. (The version I have allows you to do layers, make brushes and patterns.)

I use the GIMP for effects, optioning to copying and saving the finished picture in PSP. That's how I made my Automan/Autowoman Paper Dolls. I copied B&W line are of the dolls into GIMP, filled in where the panals are with starfield patterns created for that purpose (named Automan1.pat and Autowoman1.pat), then copied them back into PSP, colored the rest in, and saved them in PSP.

I'm not sure, but saving them as GIMP images seems to use up more memory than PSP.

Autowoman (Yes, based on Automan...)

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Film Production