Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Meet me on the game grid!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 70 PagesNextLast
harpo989
User

Re: Meet me on the game grid!

on Friday, June, 04, 2004 2:58 PM
Well, I'm not sure about having a life... but I *will* be seeing the new HP movie tonight about 10:45, (CST) which means I'll have to leave about 9:30... and the movie's pretty long... but I may come home and race anyway. providing I'm not too tired. (I went to Six flags today so I'm really tired)

EDIT: oh, and as for campers that's exactly what I mean. much as it's great people are playing 2.0... still dislike 'em.

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Friday, June, 04, 2004 7:14 PM
harpo989 Wrote:Well, I'm not sure about having a life... but I *will* be seeing the new HP movie tonight about 10:45...

They made a film about Hewlett-Packard?

That's kind of odd.

Is it about their printers... or maybe their whole computer line?

Jeez, what could the plot be in a Hewlett-Packard film?

Sounds boring.

Why don't you go and see the Harry Potter film instead?

As for me...

No movie tonight.

But maybe a few rounds on the game grid!

harpo989
User

on Friday, June, 04, 2004 9:06 PM
I wondered if I was the only one who's thought about that...

------------

The Tweaker
User

on Saturday, June, 05, 2004 3:13 PM
Hey guys, I think there might (or might not) be something wrong with my version of Tron-- for some reason, the patch won't install and it won't connect to GameSpy. Perhaps I can connect to a specific IP? Anyway, I'd love to see y'all online!

Tweakerwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, June, 05, 2004 5:13 PM

Just download and install the unofficial patch. It's not as fussy as the official patch installer.

http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/tron2/Thirdparty/tron-update_v1x042ceng.exe.html

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Tron Fanatic
User

on Saturday, June, 05, 2004 5:24 PM
Hmm, what's that patch do exactly that's different from the official one? I hadn't heard about this.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

'>

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, June, 05, 2004 5:33 PM

Let's see . . . It's less cranky about installing. It fixes some spelling mistakes in the game. Most importantly, it allows for more custom maps (REZ files) at once. It was made back when the latest patch was for "XP only", to get around that.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

The Tweaker
User

on Saturday, June, 05, 2004 5:49 PM
Thanks, redrain. Downloaded & installed the patch, and now I can see the other servers... but now I have a different problem.

See, my version of [TRON20] was bought in Russia... and Russians are known for their less-than-copyright-complaint business practices.

Apparently I have a pirated version of this game. I can't make it work. I may have to go to Best Buy or something and plunk down $50 for a new copy... which is a shame since my original version works perfectly, except for the multiplayer component. Nothing to be done for it, I suppose, unless y'all have any bright ideas.

Before I spend my money, though... is multiplayer really that awesome?

-eol-

DaveTRON
User

on Saturday, June, 05, 2004 9:50 PM
Post 994

Nice Tweaker. I love public posts from people who freely admit they bought a pirate copy of our game.

Thanks to people like you who don't buy legitimate copies, people like me end up out of work. Even if you waited until now and bought a copy in the bargain bin for $20 it's better than paying a Russian thief for something he stole from the company I work for.
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

DaveTRON

harpo989
User

on Saturday, June, 05, 2004 10:54 PM
DaveTRON, I dislike (read: utterly despise with all my heart) pirates too, and I will not come to the defence of a true knowing pirate. however I must state this: It is a slight possibility that he did not know it was pirated. but if so, you would have to be extremely foolish not to know about Russian buisness practices (no offence to russans. just as not everyone in America's nesscessarily a pirate, not everyone in Russia is nesscessarily a pirate) and yet still perchase a game (which is odd, considering you don't seem Russian) where you know it might be illeagal. it doesn't matter what game. be it Tron 2.0 or Bionicle: the game or Halo or any other game. it's not only illeagal, it's foolish.
and Tweaker, if you willingly bought a pirated version of the game, then I can only be as mad as DaveTRON. I can only say it so many times, if you paid anyone but the owners the game, willingly breaking those laws, then I really don't know what to say...

I'm sorry if I overreacted and need to edit this post. but I was getting to like you, Tweak. now I just don't know...abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

------------

DaveTRON
User

on Saturday, June, 05, 2004 11:19 PM
Post 995
I agree that might be possible. However, in reading what was written by Tweaker, he knows full well what he has, wants a patch so he can play with legal owners of the game and is resistant to buying a legal copy if he can get his pirate copy working. That is what he said, how else am I supposed to see that note?

DaveTRON

The Tweaker
User

on Sunday, June, 06, 2004 12:42 AM
(no offence to russans. just as not everyone in America's nesscessarily a pirate, not everyone in Russia is nesscessarily a pirate)
Actually, now that you mention it...

Everyone is Russia is a pirate. You don't know what it's like here. Believe it or not, there is not a single store in St. Petersburg that sells licensed software. All of it is pirated. It is not possible to aquire licensed software locally. Thus, I can either a) not buy any software, in which case I am left without computer games and utilities, and in which case I would never have joined Tron-Sector because I would never have gotten to sample the joy that is ; or b) I can pay the pirates. It's unpleasant, but those are the options I have.

Or had. Now that I have (in the last few days) moved to the US, things are different. I can (and will) buy a copy of at my local software store, because I believe Tron is a great game that deserves support, and because I do not want to lose my friendships here at Tron-Sector.

I was getting to like you, Tweak. now I just don't know...
I've been getting to like you too, Harpo. I enjoy the discussion you provide, and fighting alongside you on the Game Grid. I'd hate to lose that. For that reason-- and, equally, for the reason that Tron is one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen-- I'm going to pay $20-$50 for a game I already have. Because I love you guys too much to lose everything I've placed here.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, June, 06, 2004 12:49 AM
Post 997

Tweaker,

I am only expressing my POV as someone who worked hard to make that game only to have it stolen by pirates. It sucks, and I have friends who are now out of work because of piracy (at least in part).

I have no beef with you, but there is no justification for adding to the problem. The "it was my only option" defense is a cop out in my opinion.

At least you are doing the right thing, and that makes you OK in my book.

DaveTRON

Riley Pizt
User

on Sunday, June, 06, 2004 2:43 AM
DaveTRON Wrote:I have friends who are now out of work because of piracy (at least in part).
While I don't want to continue to steer this topic off course, here is something for you to think about DaveTRON the next time you blame the economic ills of the game industry on the authorized duplication and use of its products (By the way, that practice is NOT "piracy." Piracy is murder and plunder on the high seas. Making an unauthorized copy of some data bits pales in comparison. The software industry uses that term and other exaggerated and inaccurate descriptions of this unauthorized activity as "theft" to grossly villify those who engage in it and manipulate ignorant politicians into wasting tax dollars to fight it so they don't have to spend the money themselves.)

The fact is that you don't have friends out of work because significant numbers of people are using game software instead of paying for it. You have friends out of work because their employers failed to produce and sell thieir products in a financially viable way in a market with enormous competition and in a depressed economic climate where many consumers' disposable income are being eaten away by rising oil prices and other inflationary trends. Most of the relative minority who actually acquire and use authorized copies of games would not buy the game anyway if the copy were not available. The sales of games is down simply because fewer people can afford to buy as many games as before when economic times were better.

While I do not condone unauthorized copying and use of games, the practice is not that widespread among people who can and would otherwise buy the products, and it should not be the scapegoat for the ills of the video game industry. If it were the real cause, every game company would be folding because essentially everyone's product can be copied. Plus, it would also not explain why subscription-based online games are also failing in large numbers when those games cannot be used illegally without paying. The situation today is very similar to what the video game industry went through back in the mid 80's. However, back then it was a lot more severe because the market for games today is larger and more diversified. But, the cause of the problem is still the same: oversupply. There are simply too many games chasing too few customers with the disposable income to purchase them. This is just typical market economics correcting itself. As economic times improve and people's income for entertainment rises, the industry will recover. However, until it does, the only companies left standing will be those making games which are the most in demand or which are very affordable.

Like the music industry, the game industry needs to reform itself and overhaul its production and sales practices to deal with the current economic situation and stop blaming its ills on authorized copying.

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, June, 06, 2004 10:34 PM
Post 999
Riley,

As usual, you and I have differing points of view.

As someone who deals with anti-piracy efforts I know of what I speak. Your point may be valid as well and another factor, but the fact of the matter is that there are a great number of people out there stealing games and it has a financial impact that has put people out of work.

I've seen it first hand and I know it to be true.

DaveTRON

Riley Pizt
User

No Title

on Sunday, June, 06, 2004 11:36 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:
there are a great number of people out there stealing games
People who take possesion of a physical game product from a store or home without compensation are "stealing" games because they are depriving the store or home owner respectively of the resale or use of the product. One who uses an authorized copy of a software product or violates a software EULA may be committing an illegal act depending upon the circumstances and jurisdiction, but that act is NOT theft or larceny. This is not just a semantic difference. Labeling it as theft or stealing is equating the use of an unauthorized copy of a game to a lost sale or deprived revenue, and it is clearly not. One need only look at places like Russia, Thailand, and South America where unauthorized sales and use of software is quite high and personal incomes are quite low. The notion that the people of these places would be purchasing this software especially paying U.S. retail price for it were the unauthorized copies not available is ridiculous.

Everyone will take something when its free. However, that certainly doesn't mean that everyone or even anyone would have paid if it weren't free. The software industry needs to come clean and admit this fact and deal honestly with the issue of unauthorized use of its product and stop laying the blame for its failures on this practice. Paying too much for product licensing, bloated production budgets, product glut, a flawed sales model which encourages artifically high prices and low sales. These are the real faults and issues which are hurting the video game industry.

it has a financial impact that has put people out of work. I've seen it first hand and I know it to be true.
I'd really like to know how you qualify or quantify that assertion because no one from software industry trade organizations has ever accurately and truthfully done so. Each unauthorized copy of a product does NOT constitute lost revenue. Nor does it follow the industry's other assertion that each percentage of increased sales equates to the same percentage of increased jobs to produce and support those addition sales.

Every company in the software industry faces this same problem of unauthorized distribution and use since essentially every company's products can be distributed and used in that manner. Yet, every company isn't folding. The one's that are failing should either learn from the one's that are successful, or they should go out of business.

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, June, 07, 2004 12:19 AM
Riley,

I have no need of explaining myself to you. Especially since you seem to enjoy twisting it beyond what I said in the first place. Not worth the effort.

DaveTRON

harpo989
User

on Monday, June, 07, 2004 1:35 AM
ok... getting back on topic, I just got done raceing Shiva and some others... I must say that the appearance of Busstop and some others have certantly impacted the people online quite a bit. T-E was just in a bad mood tonight... or something. I now understand what Shiva said when she mentioned the profanity out there. there were(later, after some left) a lot of comments that I do not... usually use even in games.

well, another night on the grid. night all.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

------------

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Monday, June, 07, 2004 6:51 PM
Ok, I was on the game grid just moments ago when I THINK someone addressed me as "Bus Stop" - the idiot who's been trolling around the game grid.

I was not playing under my regular name, but another name I use from time to time, though slightly modified today.

Anyway, I am NOT Bus Stop.

I was NOT using a string of profanities, nor was I impersonating anyone.

I asked the people playing to stop by the sector and see this post.

Ok guys - you happy?

You've let that little troll do EXACTLY what he set out to do. He's successfully messed up everyone’s trust.

Now it seems that ANY new name is addressed as Bus Stop.

Well, I say STOP giving that idiot so much credit.

IGNORE HIM AND HE WILL GO AWAY!

It's so stupid that you've all enabled that troll to cause this crap.

Trolls. When you ignore them, the go away.

When you validate their profanities and insults with responses, you ONLY ensure that they'll stick around for more of their perverted thrills.

Jeez.

Well, I'm back off to the game grid with fellow TRON fans and light cycle junkies.

Call me what you want. BUT please DO NOT go insulting people who you THINK are the troll.

I am not a trash talking troll.

I'm just me. A guy who LOVES TRON and wants to enjoy some time on the game grid.

I invite you to enjoy it too...
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Monday, June, 07, 2004 7:56 PM
Well, I teamed up with TronFanatic tonight... under my super-duper-super-ultra-secret other name

He knows TheReelTodd when he comes across him

Had a good time, despite the earlier "silent treatment" from those who mistook me for the troll (JUST because I was a name they were not familiar with).

I suppose I'll have to give up my other name soon, else I be accused of being the troll again

Sucks that people let that idiot get to them.

YOUR loss people - and I mean the troll victims.

YOU lost trust for people because YOU fed the troll and let him get to you. NEVER FEED TROLLS.

As for me, I still had a good time... and intend to have MORE good times.

So I'll see you soon on the game grid again, perhaps tomorrow evening

FirstPrevious Page: of 70 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Meet me on the game grid!