Other Games 
 Mame Intro

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Auric
Sector Creator

Mame Intro

on Saturday, March, 27, 2004 11:45 AM
Man, what a salute to both Tron and Mame. An extremely well done intro.

I found the tunnel sequence to be especially good.

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

Compucore
User

Re: Mame Intro

on Saturday, March, 27, 2004 12:28 PM
My jaw literally drop seeing the sequence like that for mame and tron. Who were the people who made it Auric??

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, March, 27, 2004 7:01 PM

Wow. They replicated the opening and digitization sequences exactly in that intro . . . extremely well done.

And the site those intros came from is really cool. Definitely going into my bookmarks.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Saturday, March, 27, 2004 7:10 PM
Yes - this was extremely well done!

I wasn't exactly sure what it would be when I downloaded it... and the moment I saw the intro text, I kind of knew what to expect. But seeing it, and seeing it done so well, is a great homage to TRON and the arcade classics (or at least the emulation there of). Nathan Strum, if you happen across this thread - EXCELLENT WORK!

I want to point out to people who may pass it by - PLEASE do yourself a favor and check out Arcade 84 as well. I actually saw the arcade video for the first time a few months ago. If you were a teen in the 80's - this video will surely put a smile on your face and perhaps even get you a slight bit choked up as the memories pour back. BTW - TRON is the movie playing in the theater near the arcade and the TRON arcade game is featured in this video as well! Great stuff!
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Compucore
User

on Saturday, March, 27, 2004 10:01 PM
Yeah I remember downloading that onw. I had made a transfer of that one over to my other machine as well. Loved that clip. Brings tears to my eyes of the good old days of the arcade.

TheReelTodd Wrote:Yes - this was extremely well done!

I want to point out to people who may pass it by - PLEASE do yourself a favor and check out Arcade 84 as well. I actually saw the arcade video for the first time a few months ago. If you were a teen in the 80's - this video will surely put a smile on your face and perhaps even get you a slight bit choked up as the memories pour back. BTW - TRON is the movie playing in the theater near the arcade and the TRON arcade game is featured in this video as well! Great stuff!

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Nathan Strum
User

on Sunday, March, 28, 2004 3:50 AM
Thanks for the compliments! I had a lot of fun putting the project together, and wanted to make sure I made it as faithful to the original opening as I could. I've been a fan of Tron for over 20 years, and I have a lot more appreciation now of how much work they put into something as seemingly simple as just the title sequence - especially considering what they had to work with at the time.

I've dropped in on Tron-Sector a few times, and have been floored by the wealth of information here. It's a great site!

For anyone interested, I've posted a few Tron-related reviews at my website - http://www.macmame.net/frmsets/featrset.html
Thanks again for the kind words, and the front-page announcement about the movies. Much appreciated!

- Nathanorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Hale-XF11
User

on Sunday, March, 28, 2004 1:23 PM
That intro rules! Very cool.

I also saw the Arcade84 clip. It nearly made me cry. It was like stepping into a dream world back to a time when life was much simpler as a kid. That's how I remember it. There was no better feeling than to get lost in the arcade, running around from game to game playing all my favorites. I'd give almost anything to relive some of those moments in my life. Good times.

That makes me think...It would be fun to compile a list of all the movies from the 80's that feature an arcade game or arcade scene and maybe make a montage of all those clips. Which movies had the most extensive or even the shortest arcade scenes? Can anyone recall some movies like this to add to the list?

I can only think of Tron and The Last Starfighter right now but I'm sure there's more (and even some obscure movies out there) that would feature some arcade nostalgia.

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

KiaPurity
User

on Sunday, March, 28, 2004 4:31 PM
I loved both movies! :x The arcade 84 made me felt that child-like joy I had. I kept wanting to run into arcades but my mom didn't want me to waste quarters on games, but the very few times I did get in there... wow...

Though, I don't recall ever seeing some of the games in the 84 video... but I spotted Gorf...

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Compucore
User

on Sunday, March, 28, 2004 5:26 PM
In the arcade 84 some of them I remembered when I went to the local arcades here and some at the Pyramid mall in the states and all that. I guess depends on strict your parents are about video games and all that.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

erm
User

Arcade 84

on Thursday, April, 22, 2004 3:10 PM
Wow! That is amazing work! My favorite part, though, is that ability to turn off Journey....
--
erm

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Friday, April, 23, 2004 7:50 PM
erm Wrote:Wow! That is amazing work! My favorite part, though, is that ability to turn off Journey....
--
erm

Turn off Journey?

But...

How can one properly take a journey back in time to the fun of yesteryear's arcade WITHOUT also taking a journey back in time to yesteryear's tunes... Steve Perry and Journey were HUGE back then - we ALL loved 'em! Well, everyone I knew at the time did anyway.

Still a good song to me, and fitting background music for a journey back through time, sight, sound, and GAMES! order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Re-Rez Ram
User

on Wednesday, June, 02, 2004 3:18 PM
Wow! Thank you people for directing my to that. That is so cool! I would kill to be able to walk into an arcade with that atmosphere again. Fighting to play a game. Playing Dragon's Lair and knowing when im done there im gonna move onto Tron. Ahhh...what a world it was.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games 
 Mame Intro