Collector 
 Presentation

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
DaveTRON
User

Presentation

on Monday, December, 01, 2003 1:50 AM
Another area I want to cover with my collecting is presentation. How you display your items is important.

My first example is my TRON toy collections. I have sets of loose figures from the TOMY and NECA series that I wanted to display side by side to show how similar they are.

I went to my local Toys R Us and looked in the model cars section at some plastic display cases they sell. I found one that was the perfect height for my TRON figures and bought two of them.

I went home and arranged the light cycles and figures in a visually pleasing way and then using a little SuperGlue I affixed them to the base of the display boxes.

One note, when using Super Glue, work in a ventilated area and DO NOT put the lid on the display box until the glue has completely dried. Give it 24 hours if you can. Super Glue puts off odors that can turn into a white texture on the sides of the items you glued down. Allowing it to vent minimizes this effect.

The next thing I wanted to do was to differentiate between the old TOMY toys and the new NECA toys. I had thought about printing logos and putting them in the cases somehow, and then an idea hit me. Pins!

I have the Disney Millenium pin and the later Lightcycles pin and I decided those would do for showing the variation. I drilled a small hole in the front left corner of each case and attached the pins to the boxes.

Later after everything was dried I put the tops on the cases and set them side by side on my shelf. They look great!

Take a look at the pictures below and see if you agree.

Pic One - TOMY
Pic Two - NECA

DaveTRON

DaveTRON
User

Re: Presentation

on Monday, December, 01, 2003 2:11 AM
Another display in my TRON Shrine is my games collection. Now it should be made clear that I have a distinct advantage in working at Buena Vista Games. However, the style of display I have can be had by anyone with a little bit of work at a local video store.

We created a display stand for the TRON 2.0 video game that has multiple levels for boxes and allows 4 boxes across each level. I was able to obtain one of these displays. As you can see from the attached pic, I arranged my DVDs and game boxes in a way that allows them all to be seen.

You can have the same kind of display. Go to local music and video stores and inquire about purchasing any display units they may have on their floor. When they are done with them they quite often toss them out. With a little work you can modify these to be an eye catching part of your own TRON shrine.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, December, 01, 2003 3:37 PM
Fellow Collectors,

An idea I have been percolating on for a while now needs to happen.

There are certain TRON items that are very hard to get. Example, the TOMY game with the box. The Viewmaster set in box.

It occurred to me that there is a way to have the item despite not having the real item. Allow me to explain.

I have a geat scanner, and the tools to build a faithful copy of nearly anything. With a good color printer and the right kind of stock, you can have on your shelf a reproduction of a classic item.

I planned on doing this for my own collection to see what could be done. I am going to widen out the option for other collectors too. Can't afford to spend $200 on a Viewmaster set? Why not have a replica instead? I think this is a unique option to the Ultra Rare phenomenon other collectors brag about.

If anyone is interested in helping with this project, please get in touch. Let's see if we can't make other collectors of TRON materials happy by giving them a replica of the real thing.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, December, 03, 2003 12:16 AM

I really liked the early concept art for those mock-up boxes. Too bad it didn't end up being used on the final box. I like how the disc is hovering above Jet, it really reminds you of the original film.

At least we have the wallpaper.

Oh and BTW, that's a magnificent collection you have there. I didn't even know a Tron game was made for the Aquarius. That must be pretty rare. (Ah, but do you have an Aquarius to play it on? )

Hmm, too bad, I used to have the M Network Tron Deadly Discs game but sold it with my Atari 2600 years ago. What little Tron memorabilia I had is long gone, except for the Tomy Handheld 3D game with the tank and recognizers.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, December, 03, 2003 12:30 AM
I found an Aquarius Emulator for the PC and I have the ROM for it, so I can in fact play it.

I have several of those boxes, you want one?

DaveTRON

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, December, 03, 2003 12:45 AM
DaveTRON Wrote:I found an Aquarius Emulator for the PC and I have the ROM for it, so I can in fact play it.
There's an Aquarius emulator?! That's amazing.

I have several of those boxes, you want one?
Heck, yeah! I'll send a private message with my snail mail address. Thank you.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TimothyC
User

on Wednesday, December, 03, 2003 7:41 PM
WoW Dave, the figures look great! The creative use of the pins keeps the display nice and clean as well. Though I don't think I could actually glue vintage figures in place, thanks for the ventilation tip. Overall, you did an outstanding job :^).

I really like the way you have the vintage games set up as well. It sure beats keeping everything in comic bags and boards filed away in a comic long box ;^).

As far as repro boxes are concerned, that sounds like a good idea. It's readily apparent that you pay attention to detail and will no doubt create very nice repro boxes. Just please make sure to mark the back (or the bottom) with the word "REPRODUCTION" or something to that effect. I know it may seem silly as most of us here on the forums would simply love to have a box for ourselves, but it's still a good idea. I'm not here to cast aspersions on anyone's veracity, but people will always come and go in the hobby and the reality is eventually we will all either sell our collections or pass them down a generation. Of course I plan on being buried with mine, but that's just me ;^). Marking the boxes may prevent a shady toy dealer from the unthinkable 20 years down the line... Just my thoughts though...

Again, thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm currently a deep shade of 'hunter green' ;^).

--Timothy C.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collect toys? If so then check out the forums at www.toytraderz.com and view the largest online toy database anywhere on the net.

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, December, 04, 2003 10:36 PM
I had considered several ways of marking them. I am thinking of a watermark format. Subtle but obvious possibly.

The best way on items that have a barcode is to remove the original barcode and mark it REPLICA in that space.

I am going to attempt my first one this weekend, and if it works, I will spread the word.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 Presentation