Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 I only see about 5 servers at any time (retail ver

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page

on Tuesday, September, 02, 2003 1:20 AM
I choose to not install GameSpy and I thought that it didn't matter if I installed it or not. I can only ever find like 5 servers (I have the full retail game). Is this because of not install GameSpy. Is it more likely my firewall?

Also, if I must install GameSpy, anyone know what kind of compromises you have to make (spyware, adware, registering personal info, etc). Grrrr.

Thanks!
D

Particle_Man
User

Re: I only see about 5 servers at any time (retail ver

on Tuesday, September, 02, 2003 4:52 AM
i personally like game spy arcade. if you use the free one you have to deal w/ pop-up comercial/ads and banners, and if you pay them $20 (for life)you can turn all that off.

i havent gotten any spyware from it, altho i've been registered for a while and i dont know what they may have added

Particle Man

Cliff
Buena Vista Games

on Tuesday, September, 02, 2003 1:36 PM
Sometimes the initial server list isn't complete - try refreshing it and you'll probably see at least a few more servers.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

ck

kmon
User

on Tuesday, September, 02, 2003 1:56 PM
I'm having problems getting the beta copy to see the retail servers...is it not going to happen?

Gamespy arcade does an okay job, I used to really like it, but recently (well for the past 6 months) i've been have a lot of problems with it. I think the ingame engines do a pretty good job, gamespy is just prettier and sometimes will find a few more servers.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

Scuzzy
User

on Tuesday, September, 02, 2003 1:58 PM
Wait wait wait...do I have to install GameSpy to use the Multiplayer? I thought that it was handled in-game. where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

Cliff
Buena Vista Games

on Thursday, September, 04, 2003 8:53 PM
kmon Wrote:I'm having problems getting the beta copy to see the retail servers...is it not going to happen?

Sorry, but the beta and retail game are different versions so you won't be able to play on the retail servers. You may be able to see them, however.

ck

Cliff
Buena Vista Games

on Thursday, September, 04, 2003 8:55 PM
Scuzzy Wrote:Wait wait wait...do I have to install GameSpy to use the Multiplayer? I thought that it was handled in-game.

It is handled in-game. GameSpy licenses its technology to publishers and developers to use in-game in addition to having apps like GameSpy 3D and Arcade.

So no, you don't need to use GameSpy Arcade or 3D, but you may want to check it out anyway. One cool thing about Arcade is the chat feature - you can chat in the GameSpy Arcade lobby before jumping into a game.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

ck

on Thursday, September, 04, 2003 9:48 PM
Ok, so Tron 2.0 has matchmaking via Gamespy is built in. I must have a firewall problem then:

I can only see like 2-3 serevrs lately, the most ever saw was about 5. Also, when I try to host a game it says something like "Cannot register game on Gamespy. Either the master server is down or there is a firewall problem."

I am running Norton Internet Security 2003 and am using a Speedstream 4-port DSL router (model 2614).

I tried everything on the Gamespy support doc (http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/firewalls.shtml)
but nothing worked. I've tried systematically disabling and enabling many combinations of options on both the software and hardware firewall (enabling ports, turning off port scanning, turning off the firewall on the router, etc, etc, etc).

Help is appreciated!

Cliff
Buena Vista Games

on Thursday, September, 04, 2003 10:03 PM
3ddd Wrote:Ok, so Tron 2.0 has matchmaking via Gamespy is built in. I must have a firewall problem then:

I can only see like 2-3 serevrs lately, the most ever saw was about 5. Also, when I try to host a game it says something like "Cannot register game on Gamespy. Either the master server is down or there is a firewall problem."

I am running Norton Internet Security 2003 and am using a Speedstream 4-port DSL router (model 2614).

I tried everything on the Gamespy support doc (http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/firewalls.shtml)
but nothing worked. I've tried systematically disabling and enabling many combinations of options on both the software and hardware firewall (enabling ports, turning off port scanning, turning off the firewall on the router, etc, etc, etc).

Help is appreciated!

It sounds like you have a couple of problems--

1) You're only seeing a few games online, and

2) When you try to host a game, you get an error message from GameSpy.

As far as #1, can you join the games that you see?

As far as #2, unfortunately I'm not a networking expert. I strongly suggest that you contact BVI customer support (via phone or email). Include your dxdiag info in the body of the email as well as a description of your problem and info on your firewall and router.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

ck

on Thursday, September, 04, 2003 10:26 PM
I am able to connect to the few servers (2-3) that do populate. I'm not sure if that helps diagnose my problem or not. If not, I guess my next step will be to try customer support.

- Derekwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

pooner
User

on Tuesday, September, 09, 2003 6:23 PM
If your router supports some kind of DMZ (basically allows all packets to a certain computer no matter what) then you should try that. Also there are setting in norton that can configure automatic rules setup for new types of connections comming form different IP addresss.

As a rule when I play MP games I always DMZ the computer I am playing on and shut down any firewall software. Someone can hack my computer sure, but it is not like I have anything important on my gamiong rig. I turn all that stuff back on when I am not playing MP games.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

---

"I'm Jack's complete lack of surprise."

on Thursday, September, 11, 2003 1:28 PM
Thanks, I'll see if I can find an option for DMZ on the router set up screen.

I recently tried to bypass the router and go straight to my DSL modem. When I did that, I no longer got the error message from Game Spy when I tried to host, but I still could not see other games. Shutting down the firewall didn't help (and I swear I have systematically changed every option in Norton).

Cliff
Buena Vista Games

on Thursday, September, 11, 2003 7:41 PM
3dd:

Have you installed the patch? You will definitely see more servers if you do.

However, I strongly suggest you don't install the patch unless you've completed the single player game or unless you can play through the light cycle races in the single player game. There is a bug in the patch that breaks energy transfers if you skip the light cycle race in the Ancient System. We're working on a fix for that (and other things) and hope to release it shortly.

Contacting customer support is always a good idea since you get into the system that way.

Thanks for your patience.

ck

on Friday, September, 12, 2003 10:27 PM
I did the patch update as soon as it came out. I also don't remember seeing servers before I ran the patch. So far I haven't had any major problems surviving the LC races and don't anticipating having to skip any (I tend to just drive in circles until everyone else crashes). I still need to contact customer support-I'll get around to it one of these days!

Derek

dIrK
User

on Friday, September, 26, 2003 4:05 AM
I run my cable modem through a router and I wasn't able to run a server. But once I took the router off, all was well. So I'm not sure you can run a server with a router but I'm pretty sure you are seeing all the servers you will see regardless of having a router or not. Because as long as I'm not hosting a server(which I rarely do) I have no problems seeing all the servers with my router connected.
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

User_Program
User

on Friday, September, 26, 2003 6:58 AM
O>K I may have a solution to your problem dlrK and mybe your problem as well deleteme, windows has some sort of problem with routers,cable,dsl running at the same time it is called MTU you have to do some editing in the registry but its ez and it only takes about 5 minutes. I don't have a great understanding about MTU's but here's the web site that I used to fix the same problem (I have DSL and a router ) hope this helps I know the info says internet connection sharing but it does aply to the problem.
User_Program

http://annoyances.org/exec/show/article04-107

User_Program
User

on Friday, September, 26, 2003 7:11 AM
Oh yea, if forgot to mention the firewall issue you should have no trouble seeing any dedicated servers with a firewall but and its just speculation? you may have trouble seeing servers that arn't dedicated I'd just turn off windows firewall if your running xp and you it should be fine to leave you other firewall (dsl,cable,software,) on.
hope this helps
user_program

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer