Other Sectors 
 Keyboard VS. Game Pad

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Qix77
User

Keyboard VS. Game Pad

on Wednesday, August, 20, 2003 2:08 AM
I'm a Keyboard + Mouse type of guy... I have been ever since DOOM (before the Mouse was usefull in FPSs). I do love using a joystick and game pad for some games like Arcade and space sim....

But I only use the Keyboard + Mouse for both FPS and 3rd person games...

There is no wrong way in what you use to control your player, but I'm really interested in what everone else uses

Do you use a Keyboard + Mouse, or a Game Pad/Joystick for TRON 2.0????????????????

And if you can tell that I've been drinking while making this post, then you get a gold star... lol... (not really drunk.... yet)... lol

Just a simple "Key" or "GP" will do... but I'd really love to know why... Thanks everyone...where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

KiaPurity
User

Re: Keyboard VS. Game Pad

on Wednesday, August, 20, 2003 2:24 AM
keyboard + mouse because I don't have a joystick.

I really should buy one sometime.

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, August, 20, 2003 2:31 AM

Well, I tend to use the mouse and a gamepad. I move around and do most stuff with the gamepad, and use the mouse when necessary to aim and fire in combat. It works fine in single player, but not so well in multi.

I could use the keyboard and mouse, but frankly, I hate pounding on my keyboard in order to play a game. I'd rather wear out a gamepad, than my keyboard. That's just me, I suppose.

Now . . . at one time, Microsoft sold a gamepad called the Dual Strike. It was on the market for about a year or so, and then they pulled it. I have no idea why. I was so mad when they discontinued it, and I couldn't buy it anywhere any more. I would still pick it up in a heartbeat, if I could find one new.

Why? Because it combines a gamepad, with the control and accuracy of a mouse. The right half of the pad pivots freely in four directions, so you can use it to aim accurately, and meanwhile you use the buttons and D-pad to move and do things. This was the ultimate gaming device, if it worked as well as I think it did.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Qix77
User

on Wednesday, August, 20, 2003 3:25 AM
I've not been that much of a game pad person when it comes to PC games, but I can understand where your comming from...

There have been a lot of good controllers (that even I have tried) in the past that have been yanked from the market...

But most of what I get is the cheep-os becasue if you get a cheep game pad, chances are that is will still work several years down the road... Game Pads will last a long time (as long as there is no force-feedback) because there is less internal movement compared to a Joystick... My first was a 6 button game pad I bought in 98 (I think) and it still works today...

But when it comes to the FPS, I'm strickly Key and Mouse...

PC Joysticks are very good for Flight and space sims, but if your lucky enough to have a classic arcade remake for your pc (for playing arcade games) then you've got the best for that area of games..

Thanks everyone...where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, August, 20, 2003 12:07 PM
I'm learning to use the keyboard + mouse controller scheme, but IMO the best controller ever is (or was) the Spacetec SpaceOrb 360. Its uniqueness, which was its greatest asset, was also its undoing because I think most people just didn't understand it. The $100 asking price (when first released) for something that to the layperson looked like a mutant gamepad didn't help either.

Those interested can check it out here: SpaceOrb 360 at Cyberworld Online

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Scuzzy
User

on Wednesday, August, 20, 2003 2:24 PM
I guess that since I cut my teeth on they keybaord/mouse combo that's what I'm most comfortable with. I tried the Microsoft game pad and the SpaceOrb and both made me feel like I had too steep a learning curve to overcome, so I just said forget it.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, August, 20, 2003 4:00 PM
Gamepad wouldn't work very well with me. I had a tough time adjusting to my PS2 because it was my first owned console.

Joysticks will be equally hard to adjust to because I haven't used a joystick for so long and I'm still trying to adjust to the ones I bought for my C64. on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, August, 20, 2003 4:55 PM
I'm a keyboard man since Doom, Doom2, and the quake series was release as game. But for flight sims I would definately go for a gamepad or similar joystick.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, August, 20, 2003 7:34 PM

MutoidMan Wrote:I'm learning to use the keyboard + mouse controller scheme, but IMO the best controller ever is (or was) the Spacetec SpaceOrb 360.
Wow . . . I take back what I said about the Dual Strike. That looks even better! But it is a tad expensive, indeed.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Qix77
User

on Wednesday, August, 20, 2003 9:13 PM
I had a controller a long time ago that was a little like the space orb....

I can't remember what they called it, but I got on for free when I bought "Forsaken" when it first came out.

I can't remember if it worked very well or I just couldn't get use to it, but I thought it was a neat idea.

rhender.exe
User

on Thursday, August, 21, 2003 3:41 PM
keyboard and mouse (with reversed y axis, I hope I never have to wean myself from my old flightsim thinking)

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Rhender.exe

flynn1978
User

on Thursday, August, 21, 2003 5:20 PM
I have a very simple choice for this...and Return to Castle Wolfenstien will be my example...

RTCW keyboard-I could cap 3 baddies or more in 5 seconds or less.

RTCW gamepad-I WOULD die from 3 baddies in 5 seconds or less.

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Qix77
User

on Saturday, December, 13, 2003 3:49 AM
Since I've been a PC guy... I've not touched a game system since the SEGA-Genesis many years ago...

I played a Dream Cast (pre-owned with many games for my bro for christmas) and it kills my hands.

I'm a Key-Mouse Irish bastard and proud of it... but these new controlers are painful.... any one else agree..abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 Keyboard VS. Game Pad