General Discussion 
 Stupid question...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Nikster
User

Stupid question...

on Saturday, August, 09, 2003 6:51 PM
Ok...I was watching the movie the other day when I noticed something (I think). In the title sequence..when the 'Tron pieces' are all coming together..when they all connect to form Tron, he's blue. Wasn't the original title sequence Tron red? Is this something they 'fixed' for the DVD? Or am I just on crack???

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

DaveTRON
User

Re: Stupid question...

on Saturday, August, 09, 2003 7:39 PM
I think it's the Crack!

DaveTRON

Scuzzy
User

on Saturday, August, 09, 2003 7:48 PM
Actually, Tron was supposed to be GOLD! abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

Nikster
User

on Saturday, August, 09, 2003 8:06 PM

Ok ok ok

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

DaveTRON
User

on Saturday, August, 09, 2003 11:25 PM
"Actually, Tron was supposed to be GOLD!"

Huh? Is this wishful thinking?

DaveTRON

DaveTRON
User

on Saturday, August, 09, 2003 11:29 PM
Nik,

I just watched a clip I have from the original film and he is indeed Blue. One slight tinge of Red, but nearly all blue otherwise.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

KiaPurity
User

on Saturday, August, 09, 2003 11:29 PM
*sneaks up behind Scuzzy and tips some blue paint on him just for good old goofy fun*

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

KiaPurity
User

on Saturday, August, 09, 2003 11:30 PM
Hmm, now to think of that...

was that opening clip the last thing that was made after everything else was filmed, the CGI's put in?on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Scuzzy
User

on Sunday, August, 10, 2003 1:33 AM
DaveTRON Wrote:"Actually, Tron was supposed to be GOLD!"

Huh? Is this wishful thinking?

I seem to recall reading that the original idea was for the Good Guys to be gold and the Bad Guys to be blue. Am I mistaken?

Also, there have been a number of pics of Tron being red with a golden glow about his center. I think there might have been some discussion as to the colors then before they settled on blue for the Good Guys and red for the Bad Guys.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Nikster
User

on Sunday, August, 10, 2003 1:41 AM
Scuzzy Wrote:

Hmmm....maybe that poster is what I am thinking of...tho I coulda SWORE it was red in the titles of the movie too..hmmm

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, August, 10, 2003 1:52 AM
Actually, Steven Lisberger gave me the answer to the red character in the posters you have sent, and I believe it might be the answer for the Gold one too.

When the rights were given to a French company to make posters they altered his colors to red as shown. That version ended up on a lot of posters, incluiding one from Japan. They wanted to play with variations of color and that's where those images are from. The original version of that image is actually mostly blue with a variety of colors in the midsection. My guess is they tried Gold too.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

Scuzzy
User

on Sunday, August, 10, 2003 1:58 AM
Cool. Also, you're up late tonight. (10:45PM Pacific)

And I kinda like Tron in gold, it's a good color.

curtishart
User

on Sunday, August, 10, 2003 10:09 AM
I've heard different variations as to why there were different colors for Tron and the other programs. One I heard was:

Disney was still playing with how the colors looked with backlighting and rotoscoping. At the same time, Bally/Midway was trying to develope the game TRON to be released in the arcades.

B/M kepts contacting Disney asking for final colors so they could finish the game. Apparently, at the time Disney narrowed it down to a few colors - blue, yellow and red. But haven't determined who's what.

B/M got impatient and informed Disney they're making the good guys blue and bad guys red/yellow.

Disney went ahead with this color scheme.

This could explain why in the movie in the light cycles scenes, the good guys rode yellow & red and the bad guys rode blue, but in the game - the good guys rode blue and the bad, yellow.

Personally, I think there was a lot of bad communication because Lisberger was busy trying to figure out how to do this movie

PS. And when I say Disney, I mean Lisberger's team. Disnety's just easier to type

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, August, 10, 2003 9:08 PM
I tend to go with Liberger's account of events since they were told to me in person, but the B/M story also sounds plausible.

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Sunday, August, 10, 2003 9:47 PM
Sounds plausible to me too Dave.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Nikster
User

on Thursday, August, 14, 2003 1:09 AM
curtishart Wrote:

PS. And when I say Disney, I mean Lisberger's team. Disnety's just easier to type

Or not

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Scuzzy
User

on Thursday, August, 14, 2003 1:36 AM
LOL!!11!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Stupid question...