Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Modding/Creating New Levels

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Auric
Sector Creator

on Saturday, July, 19, 2003 7:09 PM
The word is that an editor will be included on the disc with Tron 2.0, so we here at Tron-Sector are getting ready for it with new Forums for Design topics.

Go ahead and use this Forum for talking about what we all want to make when we get our hands on it!

Can't Wait!

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

Compucore
User

Re: Modding/Creating New Levels

on Sunday, July, 20, 2003 11:54 AM
THats kewel to know. Can't wait.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

flynn1978
User

on Sunday, July, 20, 2003 12:37 PM
If I had an editor for TRON 2.0, I'd like to make some levels from the original movie and try for a representation of TRON-Sector. But, I hope there's a good help screen with focused instructions in layman's terms. Maybe a checklist could be incorporated into the instructions allowing you create your levels and characters easily.

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Particle_Man
User

on Monday, July, 21, 2003 1:30 PM
very good to hear (i dont search for too much info, i like to be suprised)

i think i could 'possibly' come up w/ a map or 2

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Particle Man

Nerotrobe
User

on Sunday, July, 27, 2003 10:50 AM
Greetings, I was a level designer on Tron 2.0. I have since moved on to another position in the game industry at another company.

Dedit the level editor for all of the Monolith engine games didn't change too much between the release of No One Lives Forever 2 and Tron 2.0. The only real changes were changes to make it easier to debug a level and performance and stability issues.

If you want to see how the editor for Tron 2.0 works and you have No One Lives Forever 2, download and install the editor and take a look.

Most of the my levels in Tron 2.0 were designed at least initially in Dedit, they were later detailed in Maya and then imported into Dedit. (Maya is a professional 3D rendering and animation package.)

You can use Dedit to build an entire Tron level and most likely the exporter for Maya will be included on the rare chance that you might have it.

Can't wait for the fans to get their hands on the tools.

See you on the game grid.

Rhett "nerotrobe" Baldwin
former Tron 2.0 level designer

Currently working on Atari's "Mission Impossible : Operation Surma" for the XBox, Gamecube and PS2.

Atreis
User

on Wednesday, August, 06, 2003 6:54 PM
Considering the nature of the textures (mostly just being elaborate symbols), this will probably be the first time I'll feel right at home with a game level editor. Provided I come up with some interesting ideas, I will certainly try to crank out a level or two.

flynn1978
User

on Monday, August, 18, 2003 2:34 PM
Nerotrobe Wrote:Greetings, I was a level designer on Tron 2.0. I have since moved on to another position in the game industry at another company.

Dedit the level editor for all of the Monolith engine games didn't change too much between the release of No One Lives Forever 2 and Tron 2.0. The only real changes were changes to make it easier to debug a level and performance and stability issues.

If you want to see how the editor for Tron 2.0 works and you have No One Lives Forever 2, download and install the editor and take a look.

Most of the my levels in Tron 2.0 were designed at least initially in Dedit, they were later detailed in Maya and then imported into Dedit. (Maya is a professional 3D rendering and animation package.)

You can use Dedit to build an entire Tron level and most likely the exporter for Maya will be included on the rare chance that you might have it.

Can't wait for the fans to get their hands on the tools.

See you on the game grid.

Rhett "nerotrobe" Baldwin
former Tron 2.0 level designer

Currently working on Atari's "Mission Impossible : Operation Surma" for the XBox, Gamecube and PS2.

Greetings program!

I hope you have great success with your game, and others in the future. Personally, I'm glad that Atari is still strong today (I still have my atari system ) and I've seen nothing but good from Atari lately. You go!where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

RCON
User

on Saturday, August, 30, 2003 5:25 PM
Anyword on the level editor yet?

Inode
User

on Sunday, August, 31, 2003 6:26 PM
RCON Wrote:Anyword on the level editor yet?

Pay attention to the tron20.net forums. They're repeatedly updating us on when we can expect word back about the mod tools. To help you out in the meantime, we should hear news about it sometime during the week, perhaps the next.

--
Inode 2.0
Future Control Industries
Toronto, Canada

Cliff
Buena Vista Games

on Saturday, September, 06, 2003 4:40 PM
Inode is right. The tools will be released shortly. When they are, we'll announce it on the tron20.net site and tron-sector as well (and the tron boxhat forum as well). Thanks for your patience.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

ck

flynn1978
User

on Monday, September, 08, 2003 1:25 PM
I just found an old comic book with ads for 80's cartoons in it, like Pole Position, Kidd Video and even Qbert!

I'd love to make a Tron level designed like Qbert, and maybe even have the disks move like it too!on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

khal
User

on Wednesday, September, 10, 2003 9:44 PM
A q-bert disc level...
that rocks

What about a pac-man level with reconizers...
You could even play bikes in that one... =D

Cliff
Buena Vista Games

on Saturday, September, 13, 2003 12:54 AM
Believe it or not, the programmer who wrote Q-Bert used to work at Disney Interactive a few years ago...hello Warren Davis, where ever you are where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

ck

flynn1978
User

on Tuesday, September, 16, 2003 12:06 AM
Cliff Wrote:Believe it or not, the programmer who wrote Q-Bert used to work at Disney Interactive a few years ago...hello Warren Davis, where ever you are
VERY cool...

I just had the idea that the concept art on the Tron DVD would be great levels to create for a new expansion or for just creating new levels with!

FusionAddict
User

on Tuesday, September, 16, 2003 12:48 AM
I may be mistaken, but a series of rings that looks suspisciously like the firewall puzzle appears in the concept art, doesn't it?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

The Clu abides, man...

khal
User

on Tuesday, September, 16, 2003 8:35 AM
Will XBOX-Live users be able to get new levels?

Heard it was coming out for x-box - could be rather cool.

BTW, I am all for Green Rings that lead to other dedicated servers. It could even been random.

I would be nice if battles could alter the level somehow.. maybe change the color and give bonuses to winning clans.

(instant MMPORG?)

http://www.damageready.com/abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, September, 16, 2003 10:11 AM
It's not coming out for X-Box.

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels