General Discussion 
 I noticed something in Automan...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Lew
User

on Thursday, July, 17, 2003 10:13 AM
I was watching my Automan tapes a couple of days ago and noticed something that may be a nod to Tron (seeing as how Donald Kushner worked on both Tron and Automan). In Walter Nebicher's apartment there appears to be a jai alai glove/bat/thingy on the mantelpiece in the background. Possibly a reference to the ring game in Tron?

Scuzzy
User

Re: I noticed something in Automan...

on Thursday, July, 17, 2003 10:25 AM
The whole show was a reference to Tron. I loved the jalai game. Kinda like pong on cafeene. Oh, and the whole life and death thing, too.

On a side note, I LOVE the way that scene shows Flynn's compassion for the programs and how he cares for them like a User:

SARK: Finish the game!!!
FLYNN: NO!
SARK: Kill him...
FLYNN: No...*drops pellet*order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

Lew
User

on Thursday, July, 17, 2003 10:52 AM
Well yes, obviously the whole show is inspired by Tron. I just thought this was a much more subtle reference when compared with Automan's outfit, the Autocar/Autocopter and Cursor

Scuzzy
User

on Thursday, July, 17, 2003 11:10 AM
Quite so. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

IMAGinES
User

Wasn't there also...

on Thursday, July, 17, 2003 10:27 PM
Mimizuku no Lew Wrote:Well yes, obviously the whole show is inspired by Tron. I just thought this was a much more subtle reference when compared with Automan's outfit, the Autocar/Autocopter and Cursor

What about the Autojet? I seem to remember one popping up in the pilot.

Fortune Favour You,

IMAGinES

IMAGinES
User

on Thursday, July, 17, 2003 10:28 PM
On a side note, I LOVE the way that scene shows Flynn's compassion for the programs and how he cares for them like a User...

I thought it was because he didn't want anyone to die.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Fortune Favour You,

IMAGinES

Scuzzy
User

on Thursday, July, 17, 2003 11:23 PM
Yeah, but who cares if a program derezzes...just get another one, right?

But Flynn, he cared.

Boy, someone smack me before I get any more sentimental.

Lew
User

on Friday, July, 18, 2003 4:22 AM
IMAGinES Wrote:
Mimizuku no Lew Wrote:Well yes, obviously the whole show is inspired by Tron. I just thought this was a much more subtle reference when compared with Automan's outfit, the Autocar/Autocopter and Cursor

What about the Autojet? I seem to remember one popping up in the pilot.

I forgot about that. I only have the second half of the series (episodes 8-13) and it's not used in those episodes.

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Friday, July, 18, 2003 10:01 AM
I haven't seen the entire series. Sci Fi shows it every now and then. They had a marathon of it one day a while back. Very interesting show. I liked the one episode where his programer was riding around in his car and everytime he tuned a 90 degree angle it would thorw the guy against the window.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Compucore
User

on Friday, July, 18, 2003 12:55 PM
I haven't seen that show in ages. That was I think in the early 80's. I remember seeing that when I was younger. Too bad they don't bring some of the reruns of that out on the regular cable channels. I would have loved to have taped that.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Lew
User

on Friday, July, 18, 2003 1:34 PM
Sketch Wrote:I haven't seen the entire series. Sci Fi shows it every now and then. They had a marathon of it one day a while back.

Yeah, that's where my episodes come from. A friend in Detroit taped them for me (I have NTSC-PAL/PAL-NTSC conversion facilities, plus most UK TVs and VCRs can handle NTSC natively)

Very interesting show. I liked the one episode where his programer was riding around in his car and everytime he tuned a 90 degree angle it would thorw the guy against the window.

That's just about every episode isn't it? where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion