General Discussion 
 I don't know about these Kids these days

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
atari05
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 9:59 AM
I'm a computer Instructor here at a Vocational College and I kinda forced my students to watch TRON :-D. It just amazes me that NON OF THEM seemed intrested in the movie. I mean you would think that in a class full of computer nerds at least ONE on them would find a bit of interest.

Oh well........I blame this all on Microsoft lol

If life was all fun and games, we would be issued a light cycle at birth

KiaPurity
User

Re: I don't know about these Kids these days

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 10:24 AM
Those whipsnappers! *shakes her fist* Maybe they'll finally pay attention when Tron 2.0 is released. They'll get around to watching the movie. *sighs*

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

MasterControlProgram
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 1:08 PM

I can't belive they didn't like Tron..... thats crazy. Tron is awesome.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"I want Him the Games Until he DIES playing!"-MCP

Click here to Make Money reading e mails. Sign up is FREE

lifeasis
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 3:01 PM
I can't believe that a bunch of "computer nerds" didn't like TRON, do they even have a sense of what TRON is, other than a BAD ASS movie. If I were you I'd smack some sense into them & let them know that the computer age of MOVIES would be know-where today if it were not for TRON. Almost all todays Disney movies were only created because of TRON.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

sondlar
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 4:27 PM
Give them all 'Fs'order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Waiting for

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 4:55 PM
Well, do this to them atari05. Explain to them just "how" the movie was made on the computers at the time. The limitations and program restraints they had to work around is just incredible. Show them the type of computers they used and give a little computer history type thing. You got to remind them that that was 1982.

That's how you can get them interested. Isn't it good for them to know some computer history?

I have found usually when you sit and explain the back history of the film people actually gain a good amount of respect for the film. Lord, Tron has a HUGE backhistory when you really get into it.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Trace
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 5:04 PM
Trace revels in Sketch's little red smiley.

*le sigh*

Hale-XF11
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 5:21 PM
Now you should make 'em sit through the Extras DVD disc. lol, that'll teach 'em!

"Five Hours Of Incredible Bonus Material"

heh heh.

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 5:47 PM
Obviously your class is a gathering of drooling, lobotomized chimpanzees who should all be sterilized before they have a chance to contaminate the gene pool.

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Compucore
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 8:25 PM
Sitting here reading all this. You know. Sometimes the younger generation just don't understand about tron. As everyone else here as do I really appreciated it. Even Sketch mentioned it there. (High fiving sketch.) The younger generation is used to the type of gaming with today's computer speeds and consoles. The amount of information that is being fed to them. Whther its a gaming console playing xyz game. Or just plain going out on the net(Thats the internet just top clarify.) For the younger generation that is used of being fed all this information at high speed. (maybe not realizing that Tron that we all so love and cherish on VHS and DVD.)

That they never knew way back when tron was made. And how they got around the quirks and the quarks of getting the movie out. That they were dis-interested in it. Since they are more or less used to their fast running computers at home or on a schools computer that is running a gigatwitching speeds.

Myself being a computer tech learning since a tender young age of 14-16 years. And learning from even the slowest computers. Apples ]['s I think were running at 1 mhz. and I think the IBM and the clones were at 4.77 at the time. when they came out back then. Just correct me of the speed there if anyone else remembers stats that far back.

I am sure if we were to show today's generation of young programmers. Of programming way back then when they were using punch cards, dummy terminals (VDT), and pushing tight code like they did back then. (Also remember when I did programming in the later 80's early 90's on XT and Vax VMS. You really had to write tight coding back then.) They would really appreciate how far computers have come and the movies that were produced like Tron, Lawnmower man, Shrek, etc. And would be interested in every aspect of going back when computers were sizes of fridges and kept in a room that was like a freezer.

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Nikster
User

on Friday, July, 11, 2003 1:05 AM
When I was in high school, we watched Tron in art class We never did anything with computers, but it was great for studying perspective and all that.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Nikster
User

on Friday, July, 11, 2003 1:12 AM
sondlar Wrote:Give them all 'Fs'

Give them F- 's !!!!

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

PyoChan
User

on Friday, July, 11, 2003 12:07 PM
It's not just the kids, my fellow programs...

My boyfriend is 26, and he has resisted all my efforts to get him to watch Tron. He attributes his reluctance to his being spoiled by the CG effects in today's movies (terrible cop-out, if you ask me). One night, I put on the Triple I demo from the Extras disc, and his comment was, "What were they on when they made that?" Grrr... >(

"As long as we stay off the top floor, Dillinger will never know we've been in here."

Smeghead
User

on Friday, July, 11, 2003 12:26 PM
I have my kids (9 and 11) hooked on the game too but they SSTTTILLLL dont wanna watch the movie

I dont get it either

I think its just become 'uncool'abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

- End of line -

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, July, 11, 2003 5:49 PM
*sighs*

It has to be the modern technology that's spoiled them. Might as well tell them that they would never have all of their wonderful eyecandy if it wasn't for Tron. Tell them to imagine a cruel, cold, harsh world without CG. (Okay, I think I'm sleep deprived.)where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Compucore
User

on Friday, July, 11, 2003 8:09 PM
I think that the CG that was used way back in the movie tron for those few moments. . (Just thinking about this.) And comparing it in today's films where cg is used lightly or used heavily. I don't think that anyone else would have discovered the use of the type of animation that was done back then. And in todays movies that use CG. That if could not be done without the pioneering of what lisberger and the others have done with Tron.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Euphemizm
User

It the pacing of Tron on both editing and dialogue

on Friday, July, 18, 2003 8:17 PM
I hate to say this, Being 26 and feeling old (which is really young) , but the movies of today have a dialogue and editing pace that keeps up with todays young and fast thinkers.

See some folks would like to attribute these short attention spans to ADD, or attention deficit syndrome.

Well I know that all children have smaller newer brains, less distance to travel for synapse (just making a funny guess) and these always smarter then thier parenst kids have faster thinking processes.

Heck I used to think Tron and the Last Starfighter were fast paced movies.

Now they kind of chill out a little when I watch movies like snatch and austin powers or the matrix.

So even though Tron rules it still has alot of quiet moments that arent filled with tension.

Veteran film watchers know that these "spaces" are how you can become enriched into the fictional story and world because they offer a moment to glance and reflect.

Newer movies do not do this anymore, hence why people always feel that the storylines always suck arse. Films rarely get under our skin.

They stay at a distance, such a distance that they have to be all loud and flashy just to leave a memorable impression.

Well we all know tron has visual impression, but do children see the characters in the computer world of tron as really being "programs" that have energy surging through thier many circuits?

Or do they see guys chillin out under a black light (I know that isn't how it was done but nonetheless) playing frisbee.

I know I don't BUT....

Whenever my uncle tries to get me to watch 7 voyages of sinbad I don't seem to feel it as genuinly as he does.

It is much slower then even the films of the 80's are compared to films of today.

And the puppets...ahem.. I mean monsters do not scare me.

But my uncle still gets quirky remembering the 5 year old in him that was scared of that pvc tubing with teeth.

Maybe we will see a movie of Tron 2.0 that will resolve all of this eh?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Compucore
User

on Friday, July, 18, 2003 9:34 PM
Not to arguie against Euphism But that sonds like what one of the other shows I used to watch called Max Headroom.(A particular episode that reminds me of it.) Dealing with the kind of pushing more action and all that into a smaller space. I don't know if anyone else remember Max Headroom tv show. The original tv show of Max Headroom was from the BBC I think. THen they made one for both Canada and the US....

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Friday, July, 18, 2003 9:44 PM
See that's just it. People today don't understand how society was back then. People need to understand that CGI wasn't fully embraced by Hollywood when was released. Disney had high hopes for , but Hollywood just wasn't ready. The Motion Picture Academey told Lisnberger that the reason they weren't nominated for special effects was that they cheated when they used computers. While that's funny by today's standards, let that really sink in for a second. Think what type of movies would of come out IF Hollywood HAD embraced CGI at that time...
CGI might of been even more advanced today if they did.
Really think about it. Hollywood was slow to accept CGI.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, July, 18, 2003 10:09 PM
Sketch Wrote:See that's just it. People today don't understand how society was back then. People need to understand that CGI wasn't fully embraced by Hollywood when was released. Disney had high hopes for , but Hollywood just wasn't ready. The Motion Picture Academey told Lisnberger that the reason they weren't nominated for special effects was that they cheated when they used computers. While that's funny by today's standards, let that really sink in for a second. Think what type of movies would of come out IF Hollywood HAD embraced CGI at that time...
CGI might of been even more advanced today if they did.
Really think about it. Hollywood was slow to accept CGI.

Well, if that was so, FF:TSW would have been more accepted, but since... no one seems to like it. It was a very impressive leap in CGI since Tron.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion