Other Sectors 
 Anyone here drive Dodge?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
TheJediUnit
User

Anyone here drive Dodge?

on Friday, May, 09, 2003 2:22 AM
My wife and I are planning something kinda crazy. Both our GM vehicles are not that old (a 98 Yukon and a 96 Sierra). I've been a long time Chevy owner, but a complicated situation with the Yukon left a bad taste in my mouth and I'll never by Chevy again.
Anyway, Dodge has long since caught my eye. I think really soon, after looking at the budget closely, we just might be going to get 2 new Dodges! We'll trade in these two insults and get a new 1500 quad cab pickup AND a Durango SXT SUV!! Man, I'm more nervous than when we bought the HOUSE.
I can't believe we actually might do it. Only things is making sure our trade in's get a good deal. I think everything else is already satisfactory.
Does anyone here have any experiences with these models or Dodge in general to tell a newbie?
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Sketch
Sector Admin

Re: Anyone here drive Dodge?

on Friday, May, 09, 2003 10:53 AM
Your in good hands Jedi.
I'm a Mopar fan like my dad. >Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouthabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

TheJediUnit
User

on Friday, May, 09, 2003 12:05 PM
That's good to hear, not to say I haven't heard it a lot already. I just like to keep askin'.

Well, tonight we're going to see if we can't get it nailed down. Maybe yes, maybe no. So far the sales guy has been helpful.

I hardly slept at all last night.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Trace
User

on Friday, May, 09, 2003 12:07 PM
I drive a 1992 Dodge Spirit sedan. She's got over 114,000 miles on her and still going strong. Me loves her. I'd consider a Dodge again--it's been very reliable.

TheJediUnit
User

on Friday, May, 09, 2003 12:45 PM
That's good to hear, not to say I haven't heard it a lot already. I just like to keep askin'.

Well, tonight we're going to see if we can't get it nailed down. Maybe yes, maybe no. So far the sales guy has been helpful.

I hardly slept at all last night.

--Spock

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, May, 09, 2003 2:41 PM
Heh, my mom has a Dodge 99 carvan.
I drive it sometimes. Pretty great. (although, there was that one freaky fluke when the power steering went wacky and I spazzed because I thought it was something that I did because I was driving. Heh. )

Good luck! =)

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

TheJediUnit
User

on Monday, May, 12, 2003 11:00 AM
*sigh*

No deal so far.

They're too greedy and apparantly over-estimating my "gotta have it now" factor. It ain't the first time my baby face has made my life difficult.

Oh well, I'll keep on workin' it 'til I get an honest deal.

--Spock

MutoidMan
User

on Monday, May, 12, 2003 1:42 PM
If these Dodge guys you're dealing with are shyster-meisters (which goes without saying), you may be better off finding another dealership where you can start over with what you've learned from your current experience under your belt.

Personally, except for my local Saturn dealership, I've never found a car dealership that doesn't give me the feeling that should I get into dealings with them then I'll be walking funny as I leave, if you get my drift. (I would love to buy a Saturn; no haggling thanks to a fixed price, IMO they look cool and for what I understand they are very reliable but I'm almost 6'5" and they just aren't made for tall people.)

Anyway, you might want to see if there's something like 1-800-CAR-CASH (a car buying service) in your neck of the woods to find out what they'll give you for your current trucks. If they give you a good deal, that's one less thing the Dodge guys can cheat you on.

Good luck man.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

TheJediUnit
User

on Monday, May, 12, 2003 1:54 PM
MutoidMan Wrote:you may be better off finding another dealership where you can start over

Absolutely. I'm already doing pretty much just that. I'm in no particular hurry. I'm in no danger of being ripped off worse than I'm knowingly willing to allow.

But, those guys are hardly the first folks to learn I never make the mistake to take others more seriously than they take me.

Oh well, time is on our side.

--Spock

TheJediUnit
User

Got it!

on Tuesday, June, 03, 2003 4:11 PM
I've been busy lately. Doin' what?

Saturday we got a 1500 Quadcab Lone Star Edition! Swwwweet!

20" aluminum mags, loaded, green, bedliner,... just plain coolness! Now my little girl can ride with daddy in his truck. She loves it.

Now we'll be lookin' at the Durangos for the wifey!

Just call me Ram-boy extrodinare!

--Spock

MutoidMan
User

on Tuesday, June, 03, 2003 10:29 PM
The Timberline Green Pearl Coat looks nice.

Chrome clad aluminum wheels or cast aluminum?

4x4 or 4x2?

Most important of all...

Did you get the HEMI(R) Magnum(R) 5.7L, V8 SMPI Engine??? Huh? Huh? Did ya? Huh?

They don't give HP and Torque ratings on the Dodge website, so if you got the Hemi, what's the scoop?

"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

TheJediUnit
User

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 9:39 AM
*hangs head in shame*

No, it's not a Hemi.

I don't need that kind of power; I don't pull anything. But if I ever needed to, the 4.7 V8 is clearly enough for whatever I'd ever tow. The Hemi would just be a waste of power and gas for me.

They should have another commercial with that punko guy driving past a gas station and seeing the guy with the Hemi pumping in his life savings saying, "yea, it's a Hemi."

It's a 4X2 and has cast aluminum wheels.

Oh yea, it is Timberline green.

I'm thinkin' about getting some kind of Star Wars or Tron oriented vanity plate! he he he

*wifey scowling and wagging the empty checkbook at my face*

...nevermind.

--Spock

MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 2:53 PM
TheJediUnit Wrote:*hangs head in shame*

No, it's not a Hemi.

I don't need that kind of power...

Don't need that kind of power??? What the?! You can NEVER have enough power! Oh, my head is spinning at the thought! OK so you don't need that kind of power but you can't tell people "I don't need that kind of power"; it's just wrong! Un-American! Non-Manly! And probably against the law somewhere!

No, no, no, you need a better excuse than "I don't need that kind of power."

Let's see now, how about "My old truck broke down, I needed another one right away, the dealer was out of Hemis so I had no choice."

There you go, now people will think you wanted the Hemi but were in a bind and got the best you could. This way people will say "too bad you didn't have the time to wait for it to come in" and they'll sympathize with you. Otherwise, they'll stare at you with their mouths agape, point at you and whisper to each other, then scurry away to call the FBI to have you watched!

FBI: "Hello, FBI, how may I help you?"

Caller: "Dudes, he didn't want the Hemi!"

FBI: "WHAT?!? We'll get right on it!

TheJediUnit
User

on Thursday, June, 05, 2003 12:22 AM
he he he

Well, let me make my point more clear. I'd LOVE to have the Hemi's power, only not at the additional cost of the truck plus the extra cost at the pump for as long as I own it. I mean, that sucker munches the gas like candy. I'm not so mamby-pamby that I would only take the power without any extra expense, just something a little less painful than I see it.

Remember, I'm trying to afford to get TWO new Dodges. I have one more to go.

I'd rather have two new great Dodges than a single new Hemi-ed 1500 and a five year old Yukon.

Now, does that make better sense?

--Spock

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, June, 05, 2003 12:39 AM
Your point was already well understood; I work for my money and know the value of a dollar too.

I just grabbed the opportunity to be jocular in a guy way and ran with it, that's all! The post was purely meant to be funny, no seriousness intended.

TheJediUnit
User

on Thursday, June, 05, 2003 12:47 AM
he he he

Yea, I know. Believe me, ever since I got the thing it's all I've heard is the Hemi thing. It's like some folks think the next engine down is a hampster in a toy wheel.

It's like comparing a Saturn V rocket to the Space Shuttle. Dude, I'll be happy with either one!

They both got it goin' on!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

--Spock

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, June, 05, 2003 12:52 AM
TheJediUnit Wrote:he he he

Yea, I know. Believe me, ever since I got the thing it's all I've heard is the Hemi thing. It's like some folks think the next engine down is a hampster in a toy wheel.

The Hemi or the Hampster Wheel... decisions, decisions...

That's a good one... Hampster Wheel he sez... bwaaaahahahahaha!!! I have to use that on someone sometime...

"We have to stop for gas."

"Don't you mean hampster pellets?"

Hehehe...

Anyway, I think you said you were shooting for a Durango next. It is a nice truck. Aren't they gonna freshen the design soon? You might want to find out if the latest generation of the Dodge "Peterbilt Junior" style is soon to hit the Durango or you may find yourself regretting it.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TheJediUnit
User

on Thursday, June, 05, 2003 1:31 AM
Yea, I did hear they're redesigning it. I haven't seen it's new look yet so I don't know if I'll prefer it. I'm not exactly Mr. Gotta-have-the-latest-n-greatest. It depends if it actually does look better. Being just the 'newest' isn't always a sell to me. For example, I've long since preferred the early 80's model GMC over the newer ones if age and price is no object, based on lines and asthetics alone. I'll see if I can't dig up an image of the new Durango to see what I think then decide.

But thanks for the info regardless.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

--Spock

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Thursday, June, 05, 2003 1:50 AM
TheJediUnit Wrote:he he he

He he he, yeah you could say that. But really, the Hemi engine is one heck of an engine and is a huge chunk of automotive history that keeps on going. I mean it is THE #1 one engine used by the top fulers at dragstrips to date. Pretty good for an engine that first came out in the 50's hu? The Hemi set the stage for the "Horsepower Wars" if you research it as well as helping establish the 300 letter series car.

Here's some of the engin info through the years...
Hemi Info

whew... I would love to have a Hemi.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, June, 05, 2003 2:08 AM
TheJediUnit Wrote:Yea, I did hear they're redesigning it. I haven't seen it's new look yet so I don't know if I'll prefer it. I'm not exactly Mr. Gotta-have-the-latest-n-greatest. It depends if it actually does look better. Being just the 'newest' isn't always a sell to me. For example, I've long since preferred the early 80's model GMC over the newer ones if age and price is no object, based on lines and asthetics alone. I'll see if I can't dig up an image of the new Durango to see what I think then decide.

But thanks for the info regardless.

Here ya go: 5.7L Hemi Durango R/T in 2004?

"With 345 horsepower and 375 lb.-ft. of torque, the 5.7-liter HEMI Magnum-powered Dodge Durango Concept delivers blistering acceleration while improving fuel efficiency by more than 10 percent, when compared to the current generation Durango."

A ton o' HP and Torque, better than 10% improvement in fuel effciency, and IMO it looks wicked to boot! A Hemi in a Durango! You still have a chance! Hehehe...

I understand not needing to have the "latest thing", but consider this:

It's coming out in late 2003, so if you do like it and the price difference isn't much but you already have the current model you may regret not waiting.

On the other hand, if you don't like it you may be able to get a better deal on a current model because dealers will start trying to unload them to make room for the new ones.

It's win-win!order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 Anyone here drive Dodge?