Other Games 
 Tron Game at Flynn's

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
djmousie
User

Tron Game at Flynn's

on Monday, April, 21, 2003 5:02 PM
Ok, this might seem like a naive question, but the video game that Flynn is playing in the movie, is this an actual working video game or was this just made for the movie. I've played all Intellivision tron games and have seen screen shots of the Atari tron game and neither of these games are it.

Anyone have any ideas?

-djmousie

Esotek
Sector Admin

Re: Tron Game at Flynn's

on Monday, April, 21, 2003 6:16 PM
djmousie Wrote:Ok, this might seem like a naive question, but the video game that Flynn is playing in the movie, is this an actual working video game or was this just made for the movie. I've played all Intellivision tron games and have seen screen shots of the Atari tron game and neither of these games are it.

Anyone have any ideas?

-djmousie

I wish. "Space Paranoids" as it was called, was never a real game. The graphics that Flynn and the audience see is not an actual video game either it is all CG just like the movie.

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Monday, April, 21, 2003 7:27 PM
Yeah. It's not a real arcade game. The cgi company MAGI created that segment to be used for that video game playing scene. Would of been awsome if they did actually create an actual arcade version.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Compucore
User

on Sunday, March, 21, 2004 5:13 PM
I would have like to have seen an actual video game like that in the arcade games. But like what Sketch and the others have said. it was made only to view there in the movie. There wa not such game.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

flynn1978
User

on Sunday, March, 21, 2004 6:53 PM
*flynn1978 suddenly has a cough in his programming...

ackk-

cough, cough co-pre-order bonus cough cough

cough.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, March, 21, 2004 9:24 PM
No such game exists, no matter what Flynn is trying to cough up.

DaveTRON

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, March, 21, 2004 10:20 PM

It wasn't possible to do a Space Paranoids game like that back then. Realtime 3-D rendered animations couldn't be done. It took several minutes per frame.

A 3-D Space Paranoids game back then would've been another amazing breakthrough. Someone should still have made an arcade version a few years later, though. That would've been awesome.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

tronfanx
User

on Tuesday, May, 11, 2004 3:16 PM
I remember wathing that scene and thinking to myself... "yea right video games will NEVER look llike that!"

LOL

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, May, 11, 2004 4:57 PM
*points up*

And here we are now... we've got video games that beats Space Paranoids (in terms of graphics).

Agreed, I knew that the video game couldn't have been a real one because all the games in 80's were mostly pixels. on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games 
 Tron Game at Flynn's