General Discussion 
 the most do-able tron costume idea

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
reptilerobots
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 5:54 PM
Im contemplating constructing a tron costume. I really think that using the EL wire or electric glow wire is NOT the way to go.

Also using glow in the dark paint isnt either, because you cant get detailed in the designs.

Im a graphic designer at a sign company, and have access to many different types of vinyl. We've got different types of reflective vinyl, white, blue, red. I also use a vinyl cutter/plotter so I would be able to actually design all of this in illustrator, all the designs and circuit patterns and cut them out on the plotter, and then apply it to the armor.

Well, should I do it? Ill do some light test first, but I know that the helicopter used in the film used reflective tape and they just put a red light on it.

"Now THAT is a big door."

www.vberkvlt.com

Sketch
Sector Admin

Re: the most do-able tron costume idea

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 5:57 PM
Do it. I mean what have you got to loose. A little time mainly.

If you can pull it off try it out. Keep us informed of you do. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Trace
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 7:25 PM
Yes, we'd love to see what you come up with on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TheJediUnit
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 10:44 PM
It sounds like a cool idea, but what's going to be the constant light source? While the others you pointed out yield detail problems, at least they belch their own light.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

reptilerobots
User

on Friday, April, 18, 2003 12:51 AM
ambient light

www.vberkvlt.com

reptilerobots
User

on Friday, April, 18, 2003 12:52 AM
Plus I think im going to make it a red warrior costumewhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

www.vberkvlt.com

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Friday, April, 18, 2003 1:10 AM
Uh oh Trace, ya hear that??

*Runs off before Trace arrives*

She'll be so happy to hear that she's bound to peg some blues with a disc. I'm outta here!

TheJediUnit
User

on Friday, April, 18, 2003 8:32 AM
reptilerobots Wrote:ambient light

The trouble with that is that it makes the parts intended to be dark nearly equally bright. How I see it is, what makes the Tron costumes dazzling is the contrast between light and dark, not how minute the details are.

You notice that when Lisberger was discussing anything about the effects, it was 'light' tests, not 'detail' tests, the whole concept and inspiration was built upon back"lighting", and when folks got the new Tron 2.0 figures, the first thing they experiemented with is if they glow in the dark or under black light and the unfortunate disappointment when it didn't.

I'd suggest you first just test your idea on a smaller scale first before you go to such great lengths to only wish you did it a different way. Please don't get me wrong, I think your idea is great and creative. I'm just thowing this out there in case you didn't think of it.

But, anything is cool, that's for dang sure.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

reptilerobots
User

on Saturday, April, 19, 2003 12:32 AM
Yes yo do have a point about the reflective and I will be doing tests. Im also looking into different colors of glowing vinyl, but I think all they make is that green color. I found many different colors of glow paint, I just wish they would make glow in the dark vinyl that was red.

How was the circuitry applied to costumes in the movies?
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

www.vberkvlt.com

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Saturday, April, 19, 2003 1:05 AM
Well, the plastic items such as the helmut and arm guards and such was maily tape if you look close enough. Not sure about the clothe material. Either painted, or some how printed prehaps. Good question though.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

reptilerobots
User

on Saturday, April, 19, 2003 10:35 PM
Well a big deciding factor will be the how to achieve the glow! maybe I could do it in vinyl or some sort of template, and then apply the paint over that?

can someone forward me images or links to images of the costumes (pre-prod.) ?
thanks
Justinon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

www.vberkvlt.com

TheJediUnit
User

on Sunday, April, 20, 2003 8:50 AM
I don't know how they did ALL the detailing on the film's costumes, but I know at least some of it was drawn on, probably with just markers, sometimes when it was being worn. Remember what Cindy Morgan said when talking about her uniform? Something about how skimpy-tight it was and they were "drawing right on her."

Some was probably produced mechanically and attached while other bits was simple enough and easier to just slap on before shooting.

As far as the glow, hey, couldn't you just buy the glow paint in suffient quantities, slather it over the vinyl or whatever you'll use THEN plot it with the gerber?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

--Spock

reptilerobots
User

on Sunday, April, 20, 2003 2:41 PM
thats a good idea, I think we have coated vinyl before with printing ink when something needed to matched perfectly.. ill have to check that out! good suggestion thanks!

www.vberkvlt.com

TheJediUnit
User

on Sunday, April, 20, 2003 4:14 PM
You're welcome!

I was just tryin' to use my noggin for a way to take advantage of your plotter's contribution but not let go of the glowing element. The problem might end up being that it will tend to crack when bent after dry.

You might try getting some of that glow-in-the-dark powder, not paint. Then use the gerber to cut a template, reversed image area. Place it over the suit as a mask and seat it tightly, perferably use a sticky-backed template so there's no seepage. Then spray some aerosol adhesive spray over it so it only hits the suit in the areas you want the glow, then sprinkle the glow-in-the-dark powder through it, allow time to dry, peel off the template! You can even do it in areas, so as to not make problems with error from oversized areas.

This technique should yield the best of all techniques together. The detail and exactness of the gerber, flexibility of not using paint but instead glue the detail on to the glue itself, and most importantly, you'll have the glow!

Waddya think of THAT??

Makes me want to make one now.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

--Spock

flynn1978
User

on Wednesday, May, 07, 2003 11:02 PM
OKAY FINALLY! I was gonna post this in the first place, but my other posts had to come first.

* That thong tha thong thong TRON tho--ahem...'xcuse me...

OOHHKAYYY...

What I was gonna say was...

FREE REIGN OVER TRON COSTUMES NOW!!!

I've noticed that the look of the new Tron characters has changed to more of a bulky, sports padding look (harking back to the first tests when the frisbee champ sported all the various sports gear)

Now I know that in the first movie, the Guards wore those big costumes over those tights and what not, but since the new characters have such nifty touches to style them up and trick them out, I think when I get around to completing my own Tron costume, I'm gonna pick up some of that thick foamed body/knee/elbow--whatever--armor and give my look as a program the coolest I can muster...

no more will I strive to look exactly as one of the regular programs with merely the shoulder pads or the toga or the chest plate...I'm gonna go all out and find the best stuff to challenge me and allow me to make a costume worthy of both Tron and Jet!!!!!!

And so far, I like the 3M reflective tape for the costume...haven't solved or even had time to tackle the question of getting that tape on clothing...but I know it's one of the most useful tools I've found in working on a Tron costume.

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, May, 21, 2003 12:17 PM
You might be better off with fluorescent inks that respond to UV lights. Check out DayGlo. You can check out both the consumer and industrial sites to see which if either best fits your needs.

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion