Cool new trailer at TRON20.NET

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, April, 16, 2003 10:32 PM
Hello all!

I was just at TRON20.NET to see if anything was new. They have a new Conceptual Gallery pop-up window, you can access Vehicles in the Weapons & Vehicles section and there is another new trailer, the beginning of which is really, really cool. Also, this has got to be the longest trailer yet.

Enjoy!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Syntax
User

Re: Cool new trailer at TRON20.NET

on Wednesday, April, 16, 2003 11:26 PM
Here's a direct link to the trailer:

http://www.tron20.net/sections/videos/tronfinalGenericSizzle.mov

Edit - I don't know how to do a direct link... (like, click on the words, and it links you).

By the way, that trailer rocks.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

----------------------------
Syntax

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, April, 16, 2003 11:51 PM
Total Sweetness!!!

I'm downloading right now.
This is so cool what worth I'm seeing right now!!!

Edit: FRELL! It's a freaken work of art!!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 2:07 AM
Syntax,

How did you get the URL for the trailer?

Everybody,

Notice how now you can have 4-player Lightcycle games over a Lan? How boss is that!

"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Syntax
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 2:48 AM
I searched the sourcecode of the pop-up window (right-clicked beneath the "progress bar" for the trailer) and then did some guesswork based on the sourcecode as it compared to the rest of the site's sourcecode.

I've extracted so many trailers from website HTML code that I know how to find trailers and stuff. abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Syntax

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 3:00 AM

YES! It's about time the site was updated. There's been nothing new since February.

You wouldn't even know there was a new trailer. They don't mention it anywhere on the site. Also, too bad the quality of it isn't better. They encoded the file at a low bitrate, so when there's a lot of action on the screen, it becomes blocky.

The new screenshots in the gallery look nice, but it's disappointing that you can't enlarge them.

On the plus side, there are new video clips in the "Making Of" section. I think it's really cool to be able to listen to what the developers at Monolith have to say about the game. I can't really recall a site ever allowing you to literally hear (and see) the developers' point of view while a game was in prodcution. Cool.

Hmm, that conceptual artwork looks familiar. Now where have I seen that before?

I also noticed that little bit about Lightcycle play on LANs. That's great news! If they can't get it to work over the internet, at least you can play on your home network, if you have one.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

foilism
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 5:22 AM
OOOOOO McSweetness, they've finally added the vehicles section oooooooooo.

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 1:12 PM
Very cool Syntax, nicely done.

foilism
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 1:17 PM
WOWO, those conceptual desings are juicy!!

Syntax
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 2:24 PM
MutoidMan Wrote:Very cool Syntax, nicely done.
Not a problem. Thanks.

Syntax

Trace
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 4:51 PM
How exceedingly cool!!!! I love the opening sequence where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Syntax
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 6:29 PM
I loved it when it starts up with Jet in the digital world, and it goes silent, and then you hear "Code alert. Game grid, activated", and the music pics up. That was infinitely cool.
I also liked seeing Mercury doing the martial-arts -- I'd envisioned her as doing some sort of melee combat (I'd imagined a scene of her totally schooling an ICP guard using the Rod Primitive that her action-figure comes with, using it like a staff and beating the hell out of the ICP guard).

Syntax

MutoidMan
User

on Friday, April, 18, 2003 12:39 AM
My favorite part was right at the beginning when Jet was playing the TRON arcade game because it really looked like he was into it and because it sounded exactly like the arcade game. The green text on black screens was also reminiscent of the very beginning of TRON that was added to the movie after it opened. The attention to detail is heartening.

I like how they used Wendy Carlos' music at the beginning of the trailer. The new music is OK, but honestly I hope it's just music for the trailer and not for the game.

Mercury did look cool doing her Kung-Fu, but how boss is Jet doing Frisbee tricks with his Data Disk (i.e. spinning his Data Disk on one finger)? Shades of RAM, don't you think?

Fom the looks of this trailer, I would say that Monolith has done an excellent job not only of duplicating the unique look of the electronic world of TRON, but also of updating and expanding it. If there was ever a game with graphics so awesome that they made me want to buy a new computer just to play that one game in all its glory, TRON 2.0 is it.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, April, 18, 2003 1:36 AM

Though I thought most of the new trailer was cool, there were a few things I didn't like.

I think Jet actually looks pretty goofy while playing the Tron arcade game. That grinning expression on his face is weird. And they changed the way he looks a little, in the real world . . . I liked the way he looked before, in the earlier trailers.

And the part where Mercury took out those programs by using martial arts? Ugh. I hope there's more to it than I think there is. I mean, if Jet needs a weapon to take out enemies, how can Mercury do it with her bare hands?

I didn't like the main theme of the trailer. Only the beginning part was good, where they used cues from Wendy Carlos' music. I hope that theme isn't in the game.

The humor in the trailer rocked, though. Like when Jet spins the disc on his finger, and when he falls down. Hehehe.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Syntax
User

on Friday, April, 18, 2003 2:31 AM
I actually liked the music, personally.

I figure Mercury was either using some sort of energy-claw (modified from the Mesh Primitive) or something. However, I still think it'd be cooler if she went totally nuts with one of the Rod Primitives like a staff.

Syntax

dmiller
User

on Friday, April, 18, 2003 10:19 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the main theme heard on the trailer is not in the Tron 2.0 game as far as I know.

Our soundtrack is a bit more 'tron-ish' than what was heard in the trailer. Nathan Grigg did an excellent job on the soundtrack. I hope you all like it.

MutoidMan
User

on Friday, April, 18, 2003 11:24 AM
YES!!!

Thanks for the info dmiller!

Happy happy, joy joy, happy happy, joy joy...

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, April, 18, 2003 1:38 PM
*passes out from watching the pretty trailer*

The game will so be mine. HAHAHAHA. *cackles evilly---wait, isn't that for the reds? *abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

flynn1978
User

on Saturday, April, 19, 2003 1:29 PM
Sketch Wrote:Total Sweetness!!!

I'm downloading right now.
This is so cool what worth I'm seeing right now!!!

Edit: FRELL! It's a freaken work of art!!!

How did you download it? So far, I can only view it.
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Saturday, April, 19, 2003 1:48 PM
I was watching it as it was still loading.

But if you want to save the file look in your system cache (tempoary Internet files in the Windows folder in My Computer) it should be there. Just transfer the video to another folder and your set.

I'm not saving mine mainly to save room on my computer.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0