Tron 2.0 
 I finally did it...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
tron_fanfare
User

I finally did it...

on Friday, March, 14, 2003 10:58 PM
Well everyone i finally took the plunge and did my tron 2.0 upgrade here is the list and let the flames roar:

amd 2100xp
dfi ad77 kt400 motherboard with riad
2 80gig maxtor ata 133 7200 rpm hd's set up as raid 0 array
(still have my gforce 3 if ati doesnt work so well with tron 2.0)
512 mb DDR 333 Ram
SBLIVE! Platinum 5.1 with 5.1 digital speakers
400w Power Supply

Was a bunch of money but what are bonuses for anyway hehe

"How are ya gonna run the universe if you can't even answer a few unsolvable problems?" - Flynn in the real world

tron_fanfare
User

Re: I finally did it...

on Friday, March, 14, 2003 11:00 PM
oops!

forgot the centerpiece:

ATI RADEON 9700 PRO!!!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"How are ya gonna run the universe if you can't even answer a few unsolvable problems?" - Flynn in the real world

Compucore
User

on Friday, March, 14, 2003 11:08 PM
Sounds like a really nice system there. Now here is the million dollar question. Which version of Windows have you planted in that nice beast. Or have you gone under the Linux/Unix enviroment.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Hale-XF11
User

on Saturday, March, 15, 2003 12:07 AM
...looks like you're gonna have one helluva ride!
I could do with a 5.1 upgrade myself. get the whole environmental thing going. maybe even lay down some blue rope light around the edge of my room. hey, there's an idea...

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Nikster
User

on Saturday, March, 15, 2003 7:55 AM
Hale-XF11 Wrote:...looks like you're gonna have one helluva ride!
I could do with a 5.1 upgrade myself. get the whole environmental thing going. maybe even lay down some blue rope light around the edge of my room. hey, there's an idea...

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh.....rope light....niiiiiiiiiiice touch

Maybe do a case mod and put some black lights inside the case...that would be sweet
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

tron_fanfare
User

on Saturday, March, 15, 2003 8:43 AM
loaded win2000 on it sp3 not a fan of xp yet

Compucore
User

on Saturday, March, 15, 2003 10:22 AM
SOunds good to me. I wasn't much of a fan of winXP myself. Even though I have tried it out once or twice. Didn't catch my fancy yet. It was either win2K or linux for me. But thats just my personal preference though.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Hale-XF11
User

on Saturday, March, 15, 2003 12:15 PM
Nikster wrote:
Maybe do a case mod and put some black lights inside the case...that would be sweet

Now we're getting somewhere...
all we need to find now is a translucent blue joystick and a large disc for a foot rest that lights up.

Am I aiming too high?
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Nikster
User

on Saturday, March, 15, 2003 12:50 PM
Hale-XF11 Wrote:

Am I aiming too high?

Nah...we're talking about TRON here...the sky's the limit

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

kmon
User

on Saturday, March, 15, 2003 12:53 PM
Heh, I also have just done the u/g route....

P4 2.67@3.4Ghz
Gigabyte 8INXP with dual raid on board sata, dual chan ram
Enermax 530 watt
1GB DDR 433 Cas 2
2 120gb WD SE with 8mb cache on raid-0
SB audigy 2 platinum
POS speakers
14 bay server case with 11 fans (really really loud)
Radeon 9700 Pro (will overclock sooner or later)
NEC FE1250 (22")
52X cd burner (asus)
16X slot load dvd rom
and a canon S9000 printer

Also I'm running XP pro, and am going to make a linux partition....no mods for me...not yet anyway...the case is begging for a window, so i just might have to whip out the trusty jiq saw.

...don't we love student grants

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

Nikster
User

on Saturday, March, 15, 2003 1:07 PM
Hale-XF11 Wrote:

Am I aiming too high?

Nah...we're talking about TRON here...the sky's the limit

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, March, 15, 2003 5:04 PM

You have a sweet system there, kmon. Wish I could afford all that! I also upgraded, back in December.

Now, in a way, I'm sorry I did. I upgraded because of , which was supposed to come out this month. Now that it's been delayed until August . . . I could've waited and gotten more for my money.

Ah well. At least I get the benefit now, with other games.

Here's what I got . . .

Athlon XP 2400+
Thermaltake Volcano 9 HSF
Asus A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard
nForce2 chipset w/ Dual Channel DDR 400 support
Topower 470 Watt Triple-Fan PSU
SkyHawk Jupiter Aluminum Case w/ Q-Fan Side Window
2 x 256 MB OCZ PC3200 CAS2 DDR RAM
2 x 80 GB Western Digital 7200 RPM Special Edition HDs
Rounded IDE and Floppy Cables
Sapphire Radeon 8500LE w/ 128 MB
Using built-in SoundStorm APU as sound card (same as in Xbox)
Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 2500 5.1 Speakers
Pioneer 16x Slot Load DVD-ROM
Yamaha CRW-F1 44x24x44 CD-RW w/ Disc T@2
Samsung 172T 17" LCD Monitor
Windows XP SP1

The only part I'm not happy with, at the moment, is the video card. The 8500 is decent, and provides DirectX 8.1 support which is important for . (My last card only had DX 7 support.) But I would snap up a 9700 Pro, or the new 9800, if I could afford it.

But right now, the cheapest I've seen is $479 CDN for an OEM Sapphire 9700 Pro. That's still way too much money for a video card. It has to drop to around $300 before I'll think about buying it. (I'm talking Canadian dollars here, not U.S. )

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

kmon
User

on Saturday, March, 15, 2003 6:13 PM
Thx redrain...your sys has plenty of power....what i would recommend is to wait and u/g your vid card at the end of the summer...like you said the new round of vid cards are coming this spring so grab a cheap 9700 this fall. The 8500 will do okay, but when you start turning on all the eye candy your fps could drop below 60 *gasp*. Overclock your machine the athlons are great for this, get a good watercooling setup or build your own, and watch those MHZ climb! I had to back off the system a little it was kind of unstable at 3.4 so now its nice and happy at 3.32...I can live with that I hate my speakers....I think I'm going to grab a good pair of headphones and call it good ($100 pair of headphones will rival a $500 set of speakers expect for bass). Also my vid card is funky got some green lines down my screen *crosses fingers that card isn’t fried* Does anyone know if DI has posted specs for Tron 2.0...like what kind of system that they were looking for? I know that all the machines posted so far in this thread are going to be a step beyond the specs...I'm just curious.

...remember that a comp can look great on paper but until you see the fps numbers and benchmark scores, it really doesn’t mean anything. We will have to see what DI...errr Buena Vista Games has coded tron 2.0 like. Everyone is holding there breath on this point (same as any high profile game). We will have to see what happens.

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, March, 15, 2003 6:31 PM

Here's what the tron20.net site has to say, about Recommended System specs.

·Windows® 98/ME/2000 with latest service pack/XP
·DirectX(tm) 8.1 or higher
·Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon 1Ghz or equivalent
·256 MB RAM
·64 MB Direct3D compatible video card with Hardware T&L, 32-bit color support, and DirectX 8.1 compatible driver
·1.6 GB free Hard Drive Space for installation
·Additional hard drive space for a Windows swap file and saved game files.
·4x CD ROM
·A 16-bit DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card with support for 32 hardware 3D voices and EAX 2.0.
·Cable modem or LAN for multiplay
·Mouse
·Keyboard

Even though these are the "Recommended" specs, I always translate that to mean "Minimum".

I think a good way to estimate how will perform, is to play No One Lives Forever 2. If that runs well on your machine, then so will . In my case, NOLF2 ran quite fast, even with the lowly 8500 card.

I hope you haven't fried your 9700! That will be an expensive replacement.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Leatherface
User

on Friday, March, 21, 2003 11:31 AM
My System:

P4 3.06Ghz with Hyper threading technology 533 FSB
1 gig PC1066 Ram
PNY Geforce 4 ti 4600 (Don't like Ati)
200 gig maxtor 7200 rpm drives
SB Audigy Platinum
Megaworks 510D 500 Watt speaker system (Fully digital)22" Viewsonic perfectflat monitor
Tashiba DVD/CDR/CDRW
Tashiba DVD
Logitech keyboard and mouse
Windows XP Pro

Xtian
User

on Monday, March, 24, 2003 10:27 PM
I feel old..

MSI KT4 Ultra
Athlon XP 1800+
Asus V9180 nVidia GF4 64Mb DDR AGP 8X TV Out
SoundBlaster Live 5.1
256Mb Ram DDR 333
2 x 40Gb Seagate 5400 rpm
300 Kbs Internet Connection

I hope to upgrade before

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, March, 25, 2003 3:13 PM
Ah well, in that case, the only upgrades I need are:

ATI R9700 PRO (or lower)
A bigger hard drive
A BETTER motherboard! (I'm supposed to be getting 1000 MHZ now from my fiance. :P He was going to install the 800 mhz, but told me that he'll install the 1000 mhz one once he got the new mobo and so... *falls over*)

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

laphtiya
User

on Tuesday, April, 01, 2003 11:32 AM
256 DDR ram

128 DDR ram geforce 4 Ti 4200 x8 agp card

2000+ athlon xp

hehehe I think tron will run great on my system :-Dabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 I finally did it...