Tron 2.0 Figures

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Melkor
User

Tron 2.0 Figures

on Tuesday, March, 11, 2003 7:28 PM
I posted this in the General Forum, I figured it should have been posted here:

I picked up all 4 Tron 2.0 toys at Gamestop today.
They are awesome. Love them!
If you haven't already, they are definitely worth
picking up, check your local Gamestop.

Hale-XF11
User

Re: Tron 2.0 Figures

on Saturday, March, 15, 2003 8:02 PM
So, I bought a blacklight today and guess what...?

The IC Regular action figure glows in the dark! It's a very unique experience and very cool to look at. The orange/red outlines and patterns on the Regular give off a very intense brightness under the blacklight and the shield glows as well. It's how I picture the characters to look in the game.

My only other wish is that Jet and Mercury had the same glow paint job. Unfortunately, Jet doesn't glow under blacklight. The purple part of Mercury's body does give off a faint pinkish glow when held up to the blacklight but that's about it.

I wonder if NECA is going to release a 2nd edition of the figures that glow in the dark? It's hard to say though, I haven't heard anything but I am curious to see if the Thorne figure will glow under the blacklight as well.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Melkor
User

on Monday, March, 17, 2003 3:45 PM
That is awesome! I'm going to have to go out and pick up a blacklight now.
Does the Thorne figure glow as well, I'm assuming he would because of the flourescent yellow paint.

Good to know!~

Hale-XF11
User

on Monday, March, 17, 2003 7:41 PM
You know what, I don't have a Thorne figure, but now that I know that the blacklight works, i'm gonna have to go pick him up, too!

I also got this crazy idea to build a mini-landscape using neon colored cardboard like the kind you can buy at a Walgreens or whatever. I'm gonna cut out different shapes and lines to make a setting that looks like the inside of Thorne's lair and place blacklights on all sides. Before you know it I'll have my own Tron universe. I think it'll be fun to create. Plus, I may even purchase some extra IC Regulars if/when I can afford it so that there's a larger scale of characters hanging around.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Melkor
User

on Saturday, March, 29, 2003 2:11 AM
So I finally got around to buying a blacklight tonight. I installed it under one of the shelves in my computer desk and displayed my tron figures.

The IC unit and Thorne LOOK AWESOME under a blacklight. The IC unit looks like your staring at something from Tron without the special effects, but WITH the glow. Really cool, but I'm a bit dissapointed that Mercury and Jet don't glow at all.
Who-ever mentioned painting their figures had the right idea. I wonder where you can find blue 'flourescent' pain that would glow ? Heck with the way blacklights throw off color, bright white amost appears to be light blue.

Hale-XF11
User

on Saturday, March, 29, 2003 12:46 PM
A new set of Tron 2.0 figures that glow in the dark should be coming out in the fall, right around the time of the game's release. Yeah, I was thinking of painting my figures, but then decided I'll keep them the way they are since I think this 1st edition will be somewhat limited in quantity before they release the glow in the dark editions. Then when those come out, all the figures will glow and we'll still have the soon to become rare 1st edition in our collection!

Nikster
User

on Saturday, March, 29, 2003 12:53 PM
Melkor Wrote:I wonder where you can find blue 'flourescent' pain that would glow ? Heck with the way blacklights throw off color, bright white amost appears to be light blue.

Hmmm....ya ever check out any hobby shops in your area? They might have stuff like that for model painting or something, ya never know Or at least if they do not have it in stock, they could probably order it for ya.

Altho...I gotta agree with Hale, if they do make all the figures glow in the dark when the game is released, your figs will be more 'collectible' if ya don't modify them.

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

flynn1978
User

on Saturday, March, 29, 2003 4:33 PM
I've been to Spencer's in the past and they had a pack with around 5 different glow in the dark paints, and I think it included blue! abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

flynn1978
User

on Tuesday, April, 01, 2003 4:30 PM
Melkor Wrote:I wonder where you can find blue 'flourescent' pain that would glow ?

The paints I mentioned last time were the LumaSeries glow in the dark paints__4 $13 @ Spencer's--They have 5-6 colors and blue IS in there...I think the paint washes away with water though, so you'd need a clear sealer coat of some kind to use after applying to finalize the work.

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Syntax
User

on Saturday, April, 12, 2003 1:55 PM
I picked up the Mercury and IC Regular figures when they first came out, and just yesterday I picked up Thorne and Jet Bradley. I didn't realize Thorne was so much shorter than the IC Regular.
I also didn't realize some of them glowed under blacklights - I'm gonna have to try that out. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

----------------------------
Syntax

VIGilante
User

on Sunday, April, 20, 2003 6:39 PM
Where can u buy them other than Gamestop ? and for how much ?

Syntax
User

on Sunday, April, 20, 2003 7:00 PM
Thus far, I've only seen them at GameStop, for $10.

----------------------------
Syntax

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 Tron 2.0 Figures