Tron 2.0 
 Tron 2.0 Ambient Sound Question

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Melkor
User

on Tuesday, March, 11, 2003 2:32 PM
I'm not sure if the folks in the Beta can talk about this due to the NDA, but does the Tron 2.0 video game carry the same ambient sounds that were present in the movie ?
(A lot of the background noise in tron was silence, with flashes of sound when the lights would flash or an electrical current would go through a sector - that, combined with the music, made the sounds in Tron incredible - I'm hoping for the same thing from the video game).

Thanks.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TheJediUnit
User

Re: Tron 2.0 Ambient *BZZZZT!* Sound Question

on Tuesday, March, 11, 2003 2:37 PM
I guess we'll *BZZZZT!* have to wait and see.

I like *BZZZZT!* those sounds so much too that *BZZZZT!* I had them added *BZZZZT!* to my computer too.

*BZZZZT!*

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Hale-XF11
User

ambient music perhaps?

on Tuesday, March, 11, 2003 2:43 PM
I'm not sure about the ambience but I heard that some of Wendy Carlos' themes will be included in the game, maybe some new compositions?... So, maybe that's an indication that they are staying true to the sound of Tron. Let's hope so!
I'm wondering who the sound designer is for the game. I'm a member of Audio G.A.N.G. so there's a possibility of me finding out through those guys now that they're all probably back from GDC. I'll let you know if I find out anything.

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Hale-XF11
User

Re: Tron 2.0 Ambient Sound Question

on Tuesday, March, 11, 2003 11:03 PM
OK, I just got back from the Audio G.A.N.G. forums and this is what some fellow composers told me who attended GDC:

A DJ named John Kelley (www.ballofwaxx.com), Nathan Grigg and a guy named, uh, Guy Whitmore all composed different tracks for the soundtrack to Tron 2.0.

Apparently Guy and Nathan played some of the music tracks while at GDC for a fellow user over at G.A.N.G.

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Melkor
User

on Wednesday, March, 12, 2003 3:20 PM
While I appreciate the hard work that has gone into keeping the Tron feel but adding a modernized look, I hope the developers don't change the musical and sound feel of Tron.
What I am saying is that I hope they don't throw in a hard industrial-edge soun dtrack or something.....While I like my Nine Inch Nails (just an example), I wouldn't want the music in the game to be different.....I want that old school Tron sound....That's what made the movie for me....Can you tell me any more about the musicians and what type of music they have recorded ?

Thanks..

Hale-XF11
User

on Wednesday, March, 12, 2003 3:28 PM
You know as much as I do.
I visited the ball of waxx website and couldn't find any samples from the game but I saw in their portfolio they have a listing for credits writing music for the Tron 20th anniversary commercials.

Yeah, I completely agree with you. I hope they keep the same style of sound that helped give Tron it's individual characteristics. Then again, it takes place 20 yrs. later, a different time, a different place, so don't be too surprised if the music comes from a different place all its own. Either way, I have faith that the structure of sound will only compliment the game. Music in games has now become a much higher priority than it ever has when it comes to quality control, 5.1 systems, etc.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0