User

This morning in a London newspaper, the headline r

on Monday, March, 03, 2003 6:44 PM
"The war will be soon, it will be quick, and it will be decisive!"

TheJediUnit
User

Re: This morning in a London newspaper, the headli

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 12:15 AM
...maybe it would be better to keep these together inside your main terrorism thread...dispite the fact that I've scared everyone out of it.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Scuzzy
User

Re: This morning in a London newspaper, the headline r

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 12:55 AM
That's because there are a ton of forums to discuss politics and stuff, but only one Tron-Sector, that no matter who you are or what you believe you're gathered in the friendship and camaraderie that is .

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

TheJediUnit
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 10:16 AM
Yep.

Tron fans we are indeed.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 11:55 AM
I just feel that these kind of threads doesn't quite belong because we have other people from other countries too. >_> (Some from Canada, some from UK, and there's some others from others, I'm not sure quite if we have anyone else from other than UK and Canada, but however.)

Personally, politics is just something that I do not want to touch with a 15-ft stick.

(Poli- many. Tics- ticks...)

I seriously find it annoying that those are posted. Not that I'm not fine with being an american. I'm fine with it, but what I'm not fine with is how people can get so insanely extreme with what they say. Those who get so passoinate with defending their country and president, okay, that's your thing, but I'd prefer to be at least at a forum without one of these things. (Sigh, I came to the internet to escape the politics-talk but I cannot even seem to do that at all either. It's maddening.)

With this, I am going to /seriously/ avoid /all/ of the politics-related threads from now on.

*wanders out*

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Nikster
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 3:21 PM
I second that, Kia (and Scuzzy too). The only kind of 'conflict' we should be concerning ourselves with here is of the game-grid variety.

Oh....and checking out who Trace's latest target is

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Trace
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 3:37 PM
The only reason I disagree is that the "Other Sectors" forum is where you can actually talk with other tron-fanatics about other subjects--whatever they be. I like finding out what others think about different subjects. I agree with you guys that I don't like it when people get extreme and begin calling others names and suchly. But so far, that hasn't happened here. I think as long as political threads are clearly named, then those who don't want to participate certainly don't have to . If the threads aren't of interest to the majority here, they'll just fall to the bottom of the list, no big deal. The majority will have spoken

Nikster
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 3:40 PM
Ok ok ok.....yes mommy

heheorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Trace
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 3:44 PM
LOL!!!! Oh, that hurts!

Nikster
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 4:10 PM
Trace Wrote:LOL!!!! Oh, that hurts!

What? You don't WANNA be the 'den mother' of Tron-Sector?
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Trace
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 4:18 PM
Oh, all right.

Pats Nikster on the head.

Nikster
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 4:28 PM
hehehehehHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheJediUnit
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 4:34 PM
What one person finds insanely extreme another can find perfectly normal. You notice I...

#1. didn't start the thread...

#2. was asked what I thought and didn't apply when and where not asked for...

#3. don't bring up my pride and nationalism in any other threads...

#4. recommended no new political thread be started, even in the other sectors forum since even I don't care to see them becomming redundant.

With that, I should be recognized as having a perfectly legitimate point of view and am not some untamed radical just because I have a passion for my country because those four facts have been glanced over in some people's unwarranted shock.

But to those that did notice, thank you in advance.

Oh, and Kia, to be pefectly clear, while you SAY you don't touch political topics with a ten foot whatever, the TRUTH is... you do... because you did... numerous times... with a bit of gusto yourself I might add. But, I guess that's what people tend to revert to by claiming the opposite when their views were too well refuted, but oh well. I can take it.

--Spock

Trace
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 4:45 PM
Well, Kia did say that she didn't want to touch political topics with a ten-foot whatever...not that she wouldn't. We all have our subjects that we can get polarized on. I know I do.

Sorry if you've felt jumped on, JediUnit. I know you can take it, though--you're good at your political debate

Den mother hands JediUnit a cookie.

TheJediUnit
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 5:19 PM
Yea, Trace, I guess you're right. She did say that, but anyway.

You're also right in that I don't mind being in the spoken minority.

Another thing is that, while you might have one impression of me with that topic alone, just also know that in truth, I hate conflict, I hate fighting, I hate killing, I hate war. Also, I do my level best to NOT present my point of view on this matter because I know how cemented it is to me. But, while there are many reasons I'd be better off keeping my mouth shut on it, whether or not this forum is being viewed internationally isn't a good enough reason. Because, if I'm supposed to think it's okay to bash America on an international forum by both Americans and otherwise, then other nationalities can handle the proudful reverse.

True?

Anyway, I think that some folks may think that my comments are aimed too much at them while their comments are aimed way out at political leaders none of us are even likely to meet, but the truth is my comments are aimed more at ideologies and sometimes people vastly underestimate how close to home and painful it CAN be to read anti-American sentiments and that it's more personal than they give credit to. So, I'd recommend less concern be misplaced abroad and notice that there are feelings right here too.

I've got two cousins that are there right now, one in the special forces and one in the air force. Those two are like brothers to me. We grew up together and were together all the time... best friends. To insult our nation... to insult our president is to insult THEIR commander in chief, the military officer directly handling their very lives. Also, not supporting the war is saying one doesn't believe in what my cousins may die for in just the matter of days.

Understanding that, it's easier to see how insulting him isn't all that far away from insulting me. I know nobody knew that, but it's funny how some are so touchy about other countries reading our remarks like they're all fragile, but there is far more to be concerned about in America when talking about America.

SO, you see that it's been a lot more tempermentally balanced debate than some might think.

Anyway, I don't feel any need to cushion anything I say when I know it's true and substantiated. It's not like I fling hatred about willy-nilly without it even being able to hold water.

That isn't to say that I think I've been insulted... but it just gives anyone who thinks I did them something to think about. I don't feel like I've been jumped on... America has.

Anyway, my cousins aren't afraid at all. They know they're fighting the good fight.

I invite any of you that disagree on the war to reconsider... deeply reconcider.

Anyway, sorry, I didn't want to start another thread on this.

Like I said earlier, we're all Tron fans together. And thanks for the cookie. Here's a DQ Peanut Buster Parfait.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

--Spock

Trace
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 6:23 PM
TheJediUnit Wrote:\And thanks for the cookie. Here's a DQ Peanut Buster Parfait.

I love you. Marry me.

As I said before, I think as long as everyone works at not taking others' staunch opinions personally, we can have great debate on different subjects.

JediUnit, I truly appreciate what your cousins are out there doing for us. That also helps me understand your passion, tho a more patriotic program than me would be hard to find. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TheJediUnit
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 6:27 PM

Rock on.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

--Spock

Esotek
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 6:38 PM
I personally have no problem with political, religious or any other threads that may be sensitive. These threads are in thier proper spot (Other Sectors) and so long as no one is personally attacking anyone elses race, financial status, religious affiliation, nationality, etc... and it doesn't deteriorate into a flame war I think it's fine.

Some may find other people's opinions disturbing and extreme, which is your right. For those that do I suggest not reading or posting on that particular topic. If anyone thinks that someone is out of line please email either me or another member of the TS staff and we'll look into it.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

TheJediUnit
User

on Wednesday, March, 05, 2003 9:30 AM
Not bringing it back up, but a funny thing I wanted to throw in... you know what someone told me the other day about how I am when talking international and domestic affairs and my patriotism, ect.? I found it VERY complimentary. She said, "some people are satisfied with just putting a flag on their house, on their car, or on their shirt,... but YOU wear a flag on your tongue!"

Wasn't that sweet?

I think so.

...anyway, sorry.

--Spock

shorty99
User

on Thursday, March, 06, 2003 9:57 PM
I get made fun of.. All I talk about is something going on with the US and everybvody thinks Im a freak because ofit. People have diffrent likes and dislikes, my likes just happen to be about theworld and whats going on in it.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 This morning in a London newspaper, the headline r