Tron 2.0 
 Demo?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
curtishart
User

Demo?

on Sunday, March, 02, 2003 11:00 PM
Anyone know if they plan to release a demo of the game when it gets closer to it's release date?

Anyone? Anyone? Beullar?

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: Demo?

on Monday, March, 03, 2003 1:02 AM

I hope so. Nothing would be better than a playable demo. But I doubt it will come out before the game. Usually, these days, the demos come out afterward because the developers are too busy trying to meet the deadline.

I'm still wondering why the game has been delayed five months, though. If you visit the Disney Interactive site, it quotes a March 11th release for on one of the pages, so originally it was meant to be released now. I'm guessing they needed time to add more features and content (feature creep), or to debug the game (especially multiplayer) and roll out the beta test.

It's disappointing that the game is still so far off . . . I pretty much upgraded my computer at Christmas just for this game. Could've waited a bit longer. Then again, I suppose the wait will be worth it, if they make the game perfect.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Compucore
User

on Monday, March, 03, 2003 7:57 AM
There can be many reason why they have rolled back the release date for it. You havementioned a couple of them. Could be that they want to make sure that there are no bug in it. I think we have seen the bugs that came out with the different versions of the windows enviroment for those who have a PC that is based with what ever version of windows they are using. (Including myself. over here.) ANd for those who use Mac. I don't think that they worry too much on their version of OS for Mac too much.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, March, 03, 2003 3:53 PM

Well, No One Lives Forever 2 is EXTREMELY buggy, and the codebase for is based on a modified version of the NOLF2 Jupiter engine . . . so I hope they're taking all this time to zap those bugs. NOLF2 was rushed, and it shows.

Zap those bugs, Monolith!

Compucore
User

on Monday, March, 03, 2003 7:17 PM
I hope so too. God only knows when it comes to those pesky little critters. You could get an error near the bottom of the code and god only knows you forgot to put a semi-colin somwhere near the top of the code. And never know the better. Or forogot to declare a variable somewhere along the line ya know what I mean. They'll work it out. By hook or by Crook.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Scuzzy
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 12:40 AM
You know, I'm always hearing how NOLF2 is buggy and rushed and everything. I haven't had a single problem with it. I'm really sorry to hear that you guys had such a hard time of it. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 2:42 AM

Yeah, unfortunately one nasty bug in particular ruined my enjoyment of NOLF2. Even the latest patch didn't fix it.

Sound effects would keep cutting out after a while on every level. I know it's a bug in the game, because someone found a sort of in-game "cure" for it, that would temporarily fix the sound for a short time. It came down to NOLF2 not properly initializing sound channels or "voices", on certain hardware. (In my case, the Soundstorm APU in the nForce2 chipset on my motherboard.)

Also, NOLF2 would randomly lock up during cutscenes and I'd have to do a hard reset. Again, probably related to the sound issue. The animations are cued by and synchronized with the sounds, so if a sound doesn't play, the animation gets "stuck" waiting for it? (Just a guess on my part.)

Unforunately, these bugs, and the lack of funny conversations, seriously dampened my enjoyment of NOLF2.

I had way more fun playing NOLF1 . . . never locked up, and a lot more hilarious speeches to overhear. Of course, the graphics in NOLF2 are much better, but NOLF1 still doesn't look too bad by today's standards.

I hear Monolith is doing an expansion pack for NOLF2, and NOLF3 is a good possibility. I hope NOLF3 is more like the original. I WANT long cutscenes and LOTS of silly conversations!

Makes you wonder, if is successful, will Monolith do an expansion pack for it too? What would you want to see in it?

I guess it's hard to say, since we're not even sure what's in the game itself. So then, what does everyone hope to see in the game?

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Sapaca
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 10:04 AM
I really like both NOLF's. But I do agree, I wish the cutscenes were kept are their good ol' "long" lenght of time. I will definitly buy any expansion to the NOLF series, and is a game is released, I'll snatch that up to.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 Demo?