Tron: Arcade MIDI's here

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Hale-XF11
User

on Thursday, February, 06, 2003 11:14 PM
Greetings, program!

I'm new here but a long time fan of Tron. I can even remember going to see the movie when it first came out (hmmm, I was eight yrs. old) long ago...

Anyways, to the point, I've recently slaved over a MIDI sequencer and staff roll in order to bring you all the Tron: Arcade music in MIDI format. It took awhile, listening by ear, note by note and here they are!
I present the soundtrack in all of its full square wave glory, aaahhh, the way they used to make it.

http://www.megalithmusic.com

Look under the section I labeled as Re-makes & Re-mixes to find my Tron MIDIs created by me.
Let me know what you think!

Thank you,
End of line.

-Hale XF11-abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Sketch
Sector Admin

Welcome Hale-XF11

on Thursday, February, 06, 2003 11:56 PM

Welcome to the forums fellow program.

Wow, you did great on the MIDIs.
Well done, well done program.

*Sketch buys Hale-XF11 a drink*

You did great on your other ones too.
Especially the metoid fusion one.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Hale-XF11
User

No Title

on Monday, February, 10, 2003 7:04 PM
Thanks, Sketch!
mmmm...and for the drink, too.

It certainly is a labor of love. You have to love doing it because it's tedious work, but well worth it in the end.

Now my only hope is that they come out with a movie sequel and bring back Wendy Carlos for the new soundtrack (already drooling over the thought here).

I also look forward to the Tron 2.0 game soundtrack. I'm sure whoever the lucky composer is to get that job has done well. Can't wait!

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Nikster
User

Re: Tron: Arcade MIDI's here

on Friday, February, 14, 2003 8:39 PM
Those MIDI's are really cool

Not to sound like a total dork, but were they hard to do? Did you have to use a special program? In case you couldn't guess, I know nothing of this kinda stuff, but I still think it's cool

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Hale-XF11
User

on Friday, February, 14, 2003 10:29 PM
Nikster,
Those are totally valid questions. I guess hard depends on a person's experience with sequencing music in MIDI. I've been sequencing game music for about a year now and I find the hardest part is simply listening by ear to the original song, in this case a real audio file of the arcade song (from the arcade home page), and working to the best of my ability to recreate each and every note contained within, but in stereo and on separate tracks.
This means I normally start by listening to just one single measure of the song repeatedly, over and over again, going into the staff and placing a note correctly, going back to the song to listen again, placing another note on the staff, repeat, repeat, repeat until the song is finished. You have to be patient, persistent and somewhat mentally stable to spend hours to create a one minute piece.
The result is that I take great pride in offering you and myself a piece of music history that is midi-immortalized (if that's a term).

I'm glad you enjoy the tunes. The program I use btw is called Sonar XL 2.0, a MIDI sequencer and general music multi-track recorder software program by Cakewalk.

If you open up the songs in any MIDI sequencer (you can probably find a free one on the web somewhere if you search) you can view the sheet music (staff rolls) for each individual track that I created, which is a great feature only available in MIDI sequencers.

Feel free to catch me on AIM as well if you have any other Q's.

Hale-XF11
User

on Tuesday, April, 08, 2003 12:46 AM
Here we are...

As of yesterday, April 6, my Tron MIDI's have officially been permanently archived in the vgmusic.com files section (yay for me ).

VGMusic.com has over 14,000 MIDIs from arcade, PC and home console games so go check 'em out if your interested.

Here's the direct link to the Tron MIDI Section at their site:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/other/miscellaneous/arcade/index-sz.htmlabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

shorty99
User

on Tuesday, April, 08, 2003 1:26 AM
Your website is cool! Do you do all that on the computer?

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade