Attraction music...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TheJediUnit
User

Attraction music...

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 1:19 AM
Well, I have mine now.

Just wondering... I could have sworn that the Tron game played "attraction music" that played a looped theme until it was fed a quarter. Mine doesn't and I can't find in the machine settings how to turn it on.

Am I just remembering wrong? If not, how do I turn it on?

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

curtishart
User

No attraction music but...

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 9:53 AM
The sound board is kinda freaky hardware. If I remember reading corectly, there's a chip on the PCB that basically *dampens* the sounds in attract mode (In other words, technically, it DOES play sounds, but a chip mutes it)

There is a way to short that chip and have sound in the attract mode, but I can't remember how to do this.

On my upright, I had no sound for about 2 years I had it, then one day when I turned it on >Boom

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 1:16 PM
Wow, that is odd.

Thanks a bunch for the help!

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Compucore
User

I do remember

on Thursday, February, 06, 2003 5:28 PM
I do remember on some tron machines to attract people to it. but it depends on how the owner of the machine wanted it to be played. I think it was an option for it I believe.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Hale-XF11
User

Re: Attraction music...

on Saturday, February, 15, 2003 11:37 AM
If anyone comes across any other music for the arcade game including Discs of Tron, I'd be really interested in sequencing those to MIDI during my continuing quest to preserve all Tron music. Thanks!

I'm intrigued by the thought of attraction music if it DOES in fact exist...

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Saturday, February, 15, 2003 12:25 PM
http://www.csh.rit.edu/~jerry/sounds/

This site has all the music from the arcade game and a few sound effects from it too. It's real Audio formate.

Strange I couldn't get my real audio player to connect to the site.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Hale-XF11
User

on Saturday, February, 15, 2003 12:42 PM
Sketch,
That's where I got the music from so I could create the MIDI's I already made. Thanks, anyways though. I'm hoping someone has music that I haven't heard yet from the game.

BTW, if you right click and save-as, you should be able to open up the real audio files in WMP. Hope that helps.

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Compucore
User

on Saturday, February, 15, 2003 1:55 PM
Sounds good to me...

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

curtishart
User

on Friday, February, 28, 2003 1:45 PM
Sketch Wrote:http://www.csh.rit.edu/~jerry/sounds/

This site has all the music from the arcade game and a few sound effects from it too. It's real Audio formate.

Strange I couldn't get my real audio player to connect to the site.

Yes, I have those downloaded as well. I can't find a free RA to WAV converter program, however. Really love to be able to implement them into my Windows Sounds settings.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

Hale-XF11
User

on Friday, February, 28, 2003 5:06 PM
Curtishart,
Do you have Windows Media Player? If so, try opening one of the .ra files in it and press the stop button. Then click Save-As. From there, change the file name extension by simply replacing the .ra with .wav and you will have a .wav file. WMP will recognize the change. Voila!
It worked well for me so hopefully it will work for you as well. Let me know!

curtishart
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 1:59 PM
Hale-XF11 Wrote:Curtishart,
Do you have Windows Media Player? If so, try opening one of the .ra files in it and press the stop button. Then click Save-As. From there, change the file name extension by simply replacing the .ra with .wav and you will have a .wav file. WMP will recognize the change. Voila!
It worked well for me so hopefully it will work for you as well. Let me know!

Just downloaded the latest Windows Media File and it said it doesn't support .ra Any chance you can zip these up and e-mail them my way, or post them on a site?

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Attraction music...