General Discussion 
 QUESTIONS on the DVD version

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Program BASIC
User

on Saturday, January, 18, 2003 12:31 PM
Just watched "TRON" for the 456th time in my life! Big time, guys.

Well, of course I played my beloved 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD release... and I suddenly noticed some technical details concerning the DVD effort that - in my humble opinions - just doesn't work...

1- I noticed Programs' faces slightly changed their facial chromatic shade from the infamous grey (almost a little bit of white/black) to a strangely "brown" colour, since the point TRON and YORY approached DUMONT for the very first time, in the I/O Tower. That colouration lasted 'til FLYNN and YORY went captured by SARK, after the Solar Sailor's disintegration.
DVD Blooper or MOVIE's FX BLOOPER ???????

2- THE DELETED SCENES + ALTERNATIVE MUSIC Lightcycles sequence => Have you noticed the film grain was slightly different from the definitive ONE, and the PHOTOGRAPHY looked like raw, almost "cartoonish" ???? I'm not only referring to the Deleted Scenes - that weren't polished at all - but to the music additing Lightcycles run sequence too.
What's the deal?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

is program's best friend. Don't betray it --- NEVER!

Nikster
User

OK....

on Saturday, January, 18, 2003 6:30 PM
1 - Coulda been a lighting thing...I saw Tron when it was first out in the theatres, and The faces had color then too.

2- Dude, welcome to the world of DVD extras Outtakes almost NEVER have the same 'film quality' as what makes it into the final cut. It's just a fact of DVD-life order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Sketch
Sector Admin

No Title

on Saturday, January, 18, 2003 7:29 PM
The reason for the color changes in the faces was by the producers. It's mentioned in the audio commentary. They changed the color to show either a mood or relate a scene. Boils down to symblism really. The commentary explains it better than I can.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Nikster
User

Ummmm...

on Saturday, January, 18, 2003 8:46 PM
Yeah..that too....what Sketch said

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Program BASIC
User

Yes

on Sunday, January, 19, 2003 5:17 AM
Programs,

You're definitely right. Probably they'd restore the Deleted scenes in terms of filmograghy for a "Director's cut version". Also, they would add the dialogues in the "Morning after" sequence (a dream of mine?) I think Bruce and Cindy will be re-called just for this "little work". Go for it, heroes!

As far as concerning the faces's colour, yeah, the "new" colour is more viable in terms of expressions - It better underlined Programs's facial expressions, I mean.
Anyway, the Audio Commentary isn't translated or sub-titled in the European DVD version. Can you describe me *WHAT* the producers said or explained regarding the colour's faces? I would appreciate this so much!

Anyway, it's always matter of "Black and white" we always loved, but even graced with a little bit of "brown" in it.
Narratively speakin', the Programs interact with their environment in such deep way, and the colour changed *just* as TRON and YORI approached Dumont's I/O Tower. Probably, they react with tower's environment.

Any thoughts, Programs? Please, report me what the Audio Commentary explained!

rules !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sketch
Sector Admin

No Title

on Sunday, January, 19, 2003 2:16 PM
Well they said when they first started filming tron they were going to do the faces the same color as the costumes. Example is the Clu tank scene. They then decided making the faces a differeint color from the costumes which would make the characters more distinguishable. so they made the change while filming since they didn't have the time to goback and recolor all those hundreds of colored film cells. Further on in certain scenes they changed the color to set a certian mood or feeling. Example, when Tron, Yori, and Flynn are on the Solar Sailer the facial color is more human to prortray more human like characteristics or feelings. The same thing applies to the color of the costume circuts. Notice how sometimes Tron and them are sometimes a more bluishgreen than blue. That rolls into one of the things the produces wanted to do with the backlighting effect was to be able an show emotion though the use of light. The best scenes they thought did the best in that on the film was probally when Flynn kissed Yori with the MCP beam in the background, and when Flynn interacts with the Solar Sailer Beam.

One problem with the facial color changes is that to the audience it looks like glitches in film. I at first thought it was glitches too until I watched the commentary and dvd extra stuff. When making a film sometimes a neat symbolic or artistic effect can misslead the audience. Sometimes it can even backfire.

I would of just kept the monochrome faces throught the whole film.

That would be cool for them to get the actors to add in the missing audio for the "morning after" scene.

Has anyone noticed on the Tron soundtrack that the sencond part of "Magic Landings", which starts 1:46 minutes into Track 9, is the background music for when Flynn loses control of his recognizer? That would of been great if they had that on the dvd. I hope I'm not the only one who noticed it.

Program BASIC
User

Oh, GREAT!

on Sunday, January, 19, 2003 3:39 PM
Sketch,

I can sure you *NOBODY* (among those who watched the movie with me, or better, that I *FORCED* to watch it in the first place, 'til they realized it was a masterpiece of movie) I mean NOBODY NOTICED the facial changes. Really. NOBODY. So don't worry about the backfire point. Pretty glad the excellent DVD version lighted the whole situation to *US* TRON addicted! God bless the DVDs...

I think there aren't so many changes, all in all. CLUE apart (you *SHOULD* distinguish HIM from the digitalized Flynn, so it was a really wise move) you could see FLYNN changing colour suit during the DEADLY DISCS scene (it turned from blue to bluegreenish as you said) and TRON and YORI's faces turning brown when they just penetrated in the tower (it was an "holy" field, you know).
Of course, major changes occoured when they were on the sailor, but that's where the effect stopped, because since then every face *JUST* appeared black and white as always.

Don't worry. They will restore the Morning After scene. I'm pretty confident.

Has anyone some additional "facial change" to report?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Sketch
Sector Admin

No Title

on Sunday, January, 19, 2003 4:20 PM
Yeah, the color changes in the faces are only noticable in a scene of two. On the old VHS version I own it looks alot different mainly because the films alot darker on VHS. The DVD does a great job showing the films true beautiful colors.

Oh I didn't mean to sound like the movie backfired.
They did a great job with the colors I think.

Program BASIC
User

Yeah!

on Sunday, January, 19, 2003 4:30 PM
"On the old VHS version I own it looks alot different mainly because the films alot darker on VHS"

It was better the "darker" format, because the glow effect was far more *INTENSE*, in my humble opinion.
Anyway, the DVD version is mind-blowing, and this is *THE* Greatest movie of all the times. Period. No doubts.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion