General Discussion 
 I've decided to call it a day...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
EXODUS
User

on Thursday, June, 21, 2018 4:27 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, after much consideration I've decided to finally log-out of here.

When I first joined here in January 2011 this place was hive of activity from all manner of enthusiastic fans having all manner of conversations.

Now, very much like the Tron franchise itself under Disney's lackluster enthusiasm to keep it going this whole forum just seems to have completely DIED!

I've just gone through all the different pages and threads and I've noticed that there's been almost NO meaningful posts at all in the last few weeks, mostly (has I suspect) the complete lack of anything 'new' from Disney means that for many fans there's simply not anything really left to talk about anymore.

Even the surge of none relevant cheap ads that are now plaguing this place from spammers shows that even the modulators don't seem to be bothered about watching these posts anymore. 

I just feel that now there doesn't really seem to be anything really meaningful keeping this place going now.

This doesn't mean I'm abandoning Tron myself-having pretty much grown up with the first film and the revitalization that was created by Legacy in 2010 I reassure you there will always be a small part of me that will be loyal to it, and I will always keep all my collectibles and watch the films from time to time.

I just feel that, looking at the forum these days, that after 7 1/2 years and 573 posts (including this one!) I might just decide to call it off for now.
Maybe one day when both the franchise and the forum itself start to generate new interest and new life in the genre I might probably return at some point in the future.

But until then I just want to say thanks for all those who have been here over the years. I've really enjoyed all the conversations that we've had here  during that time, and I wish everyone (both those few still here and others elsewhere) good luck for the future and keep fighting for the Users! 

END OF LIFE.

Compucore
User

RE: I've decided to call it a day...

on Monday, July, 02, 2018 11:18 AM
Sorry to hear that you are leaving the sector here. When you feel the time is right to come back you are more than welcome. I do understand that there have been other posts for useless things that even the sysops/moderators have been completely swamped with other things. But in due time they will be taken care of. Being one of the elders here myself. Just pop in from time to time to see if there is anything new happening. It never hurts to keep coming back even if it is just to view if any changes has happened. 

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, July, 02, 2018 3:00 PM
I also mostly just lurk from time to time now. There just hasn't been much to talk about or discuss since Uprising was canceled, unfortunately. Hopefully we'll have more to talk about as construction progresses on the ride in Florida, though!

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Compucore
User

on Monday, July, 02, 2018 8:42 PM
That's what I do now over here is lurking. and I am one of the elders over here. LOL. I rmeember this board in it's hayday when it was really active. Me, Qixx, DaveTron, Sketch. It was lite up worst than a front side of a supercomputer mock up. 

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

DV8ER
User

on Thursday, July, 19, 2018 3:52 PM
EXODUS Wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, after much consideration I've decided to finally log-out of here.

When I first joined here in January 2011 this place was hive of activity from all manner of enthusiastic fans having all manner of conversations.

Now, very much like the Tron franchise itself under Disney's lackluster enthusiasm to keep it going this whole forum just seems to have completely DIED!

I've just gone through all the different pages and threads and I've noticed that there's been almost NO meaningful posts at all in the last few weeks, mostly (has I suspect) the complete lack of anything 'new' from Disney means that for many fans there's simply not anything really left to talk about anymore.

Even the surge of none relevant cheap ads that are now plaguing this place from spammers shows that even the modulators don't seem to be bothered about watching these posts anymore. 

I just feel that now there doesn't really seem to be anything really meaningful keeping this place going now.

This doesn't mean I'm abandoning Tron myself-having pretty much grown up with the first film and the revitalization that was created by Legacy in 2010 I reassure you there will always be a small part of me that will be loyal to it, and I will always keep all my collectibles and watch the films from time to time.

I just feel that, looking at the forum these days, that after 7 1/2 years and 573 posts (including this one!) I might just decide to call it off for now.
Maybe one day when both the franchise and the forum itself start to generate new interest and new life in the genre I might probably return at some point in the future.

But until then I just want to say thanks for all those who have been here over the years. I've really enjoyed all the conversations that we've had here  during that time, and I wish everyone (both those few still here and others elsewhere) good luck for the future and keep fighting for the Users! 

END OF LIFE.
NOOOO!!  Don't go!  We've been communicating for many years now and I'd rather you not go.  What if someone volunteered to step in and help moderate/clean-up/improve Tron Sector, would that change your mind?
I sincerely hope you come back!
-D

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion