Status Bar 
 Total Solar Eclipse, Where were you?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ShadowSpark
User

on Thursday, August, 31, 2017 8:32 PM
I went up to Idaho Falls to be in the path of totality. Seeing the eclipse was awesome, but otherwise this was the trip from hell. On the day we left, our nineteen year old cat was diagnosed with bladder cancer, so we had to put her down. Because of this, we were late leaving and had to scramble. Then, after the eclipse, on our way home, Dad fell asleep at the wheel and rolled the truck and trailer, totaling both. We were all rather banged up and Dad got a nasty laceration when his elbow went through the driver's side window, but other then that, we all came out in one piece, even the dog. Thank whatever deity might be listening for seat belts and crumplezones. There is doubt they saved our lives.

So now I'm dealing with the PTSD from that, along with trying to figure out just what we need to replace, since the trailer was totaled and all the stuff in it ended up scattered along the highway. It's just stuff, but some of it is necessary, so what can be salvaged/what needs replacement is a tedious but necessary task.

On top of all that, there's the apprehension I'm feeling about going into surgery next week. I have a hemangioma and a hepatic adenoma on my liver, which are stretching the liver capsule and causing a lot of pain. I've been on Percocet since the end of May. Not the most fun medication to be on. there's a risk of bleeding, or the adenoma turning cancerous, so even if they weren't causing pain, they have to come out.

(Shameless plug: if you have a dog that rides in the car with you, you need to get this tether and a strong harness like this one. Seriously, it could save your dog's life. It certainly saved my dog's.)

----

So, how did all of your eclipse experiences go?

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

Traahn
User

RE: Total Solar Eclipse, Where were you?

on Tuesday, September, 05, 2017 10:00 PM
Oh, no! Sorry to hear all this, ShadowSpark. I'm glad everyone is okay, relatively speaking and all things considered. And I hope everything goes well with your surgery. Be sure to have Tron and Tron Legacy by your side to watch when you wake up from surgery

Sounds like some tough times there, but hang in there. It should get better soon enough ~

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, September, 13, 2017 9:35 PM
Dang, that's a rough trip. I drove up to a nature reserve about 30 minutes away from where I live and had a pretty nice view, up until the totality, when the clouds all rolled in. Oh well, still got to look up in the sky and see something you don't see everyday.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Compucore
User

on Thursday, September, 14, 2017 11:29 AM
Sorry to hear that shadowSpark. Just try and get better there too. 

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Status Bar