Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Concept art from (cancelled?) TRON Escape game?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, November, 21, 2015 7:15 PM

Are these images leaked concept art from the (cancelled?) TRON Escape game?

http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2015/11/is-this-concept-art-from-cancelled-tron.html

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

RE: Concept art from (cancelled?) TRON Escape game?

on Sunday, November, 22, 2015 3:09 PM

The article has been updated with in-game screenshots!

Cyberwolven
User

on Sunday, November, 22, 2015 8:38 PM
That is pretty darn cool. I'd be all over that in a heart beat.

Edit: Yeah I had a heck of a time controlling the parkour moments in Tron: Evolution. It may be because I didn't have a game controller for my computer, but even then it shouldn't have been that finger numbing hard. I couldn't play multiplayer because the controls were too hard for me.

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

Traahn
User

on Monday, November, 23, 2015 1:56 AM
Good find, thanks!  But considering it'd likely be "Tron: Parkour Playland" or similar, I'm not really that interested.  Hopefully, one of these days a new, robust Tron single-player campaign gets built.  I remember the "big thing" that Tron 2.0 had that was *new* was glow effects with the nVidia cards; which, at the time for a Tron fan, was quite awesome.  Graphics have come a long ways since then, though, and the Tron worlds (not parkour, button-mashing worlds) that could be created these days, inspired heavily by the original movie, could be amazing.

nVidia GDC Presentation (.ppt from nVidia's website)

Greg James, NVIDIA
Direct3D Special Effects

•Glow effect
      –Developed for Disney/Monolith’s “Tron 2.0”

“Tron 2.0” Glow Effect
   •Large glows for complex scenes
   •Fast for in-game use in a FPS
   •Efficient HDR effect
   •Multi-colored glow
   •Easy to control

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Cyberwolven
User

on Monday, November, 23, 2015 4:21 PM
I heavily agree with the fact they could should make a robust environment in the next game.

When I first heard they were creating Evolution I thought it was going to be a mix between first person view and third person.

The whole parkour thing was irksome in Evolution in addition to the fact some sections of the game seemed too fast paced (Maybe those parts were quickly crammed in). That's probably part of the reason why they canceled Tron Escape. It's a shame, but sometimes you need to restart from scratch.

I also didn't like the fact that the special downloadable content was built in to begin with and hidden away from people who bought different versions of the game. Oh, and no ability to make custom maps.

What was great about Tron 2.0 was the sense of exploration, interesting story line, and the environments.

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, November, 23, 2015 10:50 PM

Traahn, thanks for linking that Nvidia PDF. Very interesting read about precisely how glow effects can be done.

Traahn Wrote:
Good find, thanks!  But considering it'd likely be "Tron: Parkour Playland" or similar, I'm not really that interested.

I feel the same as you and Cyberwolven in this regard.

If this is TRON Escape, and all it was going to be was an endless runner type of game, then I won't be shedding a tear over its apparent demise. As much as it might shock other TRON fans to hear that.

Hopefully, one of these days a new, robust Tron single-player campaign gets built.

We'll probably be waiting a long time, sadly. But myself and the LDSO team are still working on User Error 3, which will be another new single player mission for TRON 2.0. So that's something at least, I guess?

Traahn
User

on Monday, November, 23, 2015 11:07 PM
Cyberwolven Wrote:
What was great about Tron 2.0 was the sense of exploration, interesting story line, and the environments.

I agree 100% with this comment.  And I want a future Tron game to expand upon this considerably

TronFAQ Wrote:

Traahn, thanks for linking that Nvidia PDF. Very interesting read about precisely how glow effects can be done.

We'll probably be waiting a long time, sadly. But myself and the LDSO team are still working on User Error 3, which will be another new single player mission for TRON 2.0. So that's something at least, I guess?

You're welcome!  I thought it was pretty interesting, too.  I just Google searched "Tron 2.0 glow nvidia" or something like that and it popped up  

User Error 3 will likely be awesome!

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Rinzler73
User

on Tuesday, November, 24, 2015 4:30 AM
Looks cool to me!

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, November, 26, 2015 12:15 AM
Awesome find, TronFAQ. I talk with the members of Unseen64 (A website that discusses canceled games) on a pretty frequent basis, mind if I share this with them?

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, December, 03, 2015 12:56 AM

TRON.dll Wrote:
Awesome find, TronFAQ. I talk with the members of Unseen64 (A website that discusses canceled games) on a pretty frequent basis, mind if I share this with them?
Of course! I just found these images floating around, and at first - after only seeing a couple - I thought they were from TRON Evolution. But when I saw more, that's when I realized they had to be from TRON Escape. (Provided they aren't fake. And they look too good to be fake.)

Speaking of which, I've just added more screenshots to the article.

http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2015/11/is-this-concept-art-from-cancelled-tron.html

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, December, 03, 2015 5:10 PM

IGN linked my TRON Escape article in their new article! They provide additional speculation as to what the concept art images could be.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/03/unexplained-tron-sightings-puzzle-fans

Yet, in the very same article, they include another new screenshot I’ve never seen before, that more or less helps support the conclusion that they’ve all come from TRON Escape.

I’ve also updated my own TRON Escape article to include this new screenshot, and provide additional analysis of it.

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, December, 03, 2015 9:31 PM
Well, it was definitely from Tron Run/r, haha.

Available now on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/392000/

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, December, 03, 2015 11:00 PM

TRON.dll Wrote:
Well, it was definitely from Tron Run/r, haha.

Available now on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/392000/

Haha, yeah I know. I've updated my TRON Escape article five times today to keep up with all the developing news.

I think this deserves its own topic, though! So that's what I'm going to do.

Locking this topic, we have the new TRON RUN/r topic to discuss the game now.

http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=453188

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion