Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 TRON LIGHTCYCLE SEQUENCE - NEW ORIGINAL MUSIC BY ME!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
GTRON
User

on Tuesday, July, 21, 2015 9:52 PM
Hi there! 

I've known about this site for years but only recently decided I should join. Needless to say I'm a huge fan. Saw TRON in the movie theatre up by my parent's cottage in Haliburton, Ontario, Canada, when I was 6 years old in 1982 and still remember it to this day (along with all the cereal promotional toys that came out along with it in 1982 too - hey I was 6!). 

My main job now is writing music for most television advertising these days in Toronto, but I'm trying to move toward feature films and games. I had some downtime between ad gigs and decided I'd take a stab a writing a score for the famous 1982 Lightcycle sequence from the original TRON, which, as we all know, doesn't feature a Wendy Carlos cue. It was a great idea because I could use the original sound effects and dialogue, mixed in with my new original piece of action music.  

Anyway, I really wanted to share it with the group! Please let me know how you like it! I intentionally didn't make it sound like a Carlos piece (not that I could do her brilliance justice) so it's a little bit influenced by James Horner, maybe some Alan Silvestri and my own sort of Hollywood hybrid style, of mixing traditional orchestral elements with more modern synthesizers and sound design elements. The one thing I did want to convey was this classic summer movie of the 80s kind of feel that I think is lacking in a lot of modern summer blockbusters. So a big soaring 'hero theme' was a must! 

Anyway, hope you enjoy it! 

https://vimeo.com/129177967 
All the best, 

Graham + Flynn (my whippet)  

End of Line. 

http://grahammillermusicdesign.com/#vimeo

Esotek
Sector Admin

RE: TRON LIGHTCYCLE SEQUENCE - NEW ORIGINAL MUSIC BY ME!

on Wednesday, August, 12, 2015 2:09 PM
Nice work on the soundtrack! Very professional.

Traahn
User

on Thursday, August, 13, 2015 9:41 PM
Hey, Esotek posts from out of the shadows!  Hello

Yeah, this is cool audio. I commented on it in the New Members thread where it was also posted.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

PH3AR
User

on Friday, August, 14, 2015 12:12 PM
Very nice work! The score sounds beautiful, and goes well with the visuals. Nice job.

TRON: Gridlines
A new TRON community, for a new Digital Age.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion