General Discussion 
 Cast members in other roles.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
EXODUS
User

on Sunday, June, 28, 2015 8:24 AM
I was looking for a thread about actors in both films (and Uprising) who have been spotted in other films and TV shows, but I can't actually find one on here, so I thought I might start a thread instead.

I was watching the Ron Howard film Rush last night, which is about two racing driver's in the 1970's, and much to my surprise OLIVIA WILD popped up.

She plays a woman called Susie, who goes on to marry James Hunt (one of the racing drivers, played by Chris Hemsworth).

When she first appeared on screen I thought to myself "Wait a minute, she looks familiar.....I've seen her before somewhere...." :-/
I must say it took me a few minutes to realize who she actually was.

Kat
User

RE: Cast members in other roles.

on Sunday, June, 28, 2015 9:41 PM
Well, does it tell you what you need to know that Ram came on screen and I said, "Oh, it's Billy The Kid!!" 

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Traahn
User

on Monday, June, 29, 2015 8:48 PM
I stumbled upon Ram (Dan Shor) while watching Star Trek: The Next Generation a while back on Netflix.  He was a Ferengi... 

I'd post a pic, but the forum refuses to let me.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

EXODUS
User

on Thursday, July, 02, 2015 8:10 AM
Traahn Wrote:I stumbled upon Ram (Dan Shor) while watching Star Trek: The Next Generation a while back on Netflix.  He was a Ferengi... 

I'd post a pic, but the forum refuses to let me.
Can you remember which episode it was?
I've got a copy of the Star Trek encyclopedia at home, which not only details the characters in the episodes but also the actors who play them. I might try and look him up.

Traahn
User

on Saturday, July, 04, 2015 4:10 AM
Wiki says Season 3 episode 8 'The Price' for The Next Generation.  Cool, says he was in Season 3 Episode 5 'False Profits' of Voyager, too. I will have to check that out, as I've never watched Voyager before.  I really liked The Next Generation, though.

The Price
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Price_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)
False Profits
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_Profits

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

EXODUS
User

on Saturday, July, 04, 2015 9:28 AM
I think those two episodes were on TV quite recently (just a few months ago).

If they're the ones I think they are I actually remember those two episodes (I'm a bit of a Star Trek fan myself), but I didn't realize it was him.  

Pulsewoman
User

on Friday, July, 17, 2015 8:01 AM
Ooh, I like these kinds of questions.

I do reccommend those two Star Trek episodes, but "False Profits" more, because it's just plain funny and doesn't have Creepy Sleazy Dude that Troi inexplicably falls for in it.  Also Dan Shor's Ferengi character gets a lot more lines/screen time in "False Profits".  I've also seen him in this 1980? movie starring Sally Field and Tommy Lee Jones, in which he has a brief but memorable part as a complete a-hole.  :P

Of course, there's the obvious other roles that everybody probably already knows--Bruce Boxleitner and Peter Jurasik both have major parts in Babylon 5, which if you haven't seen it you should already, Bruce is also Scarecrow of "Scarecrow & Mrs. King", he was on Little House on the Prairie, etc. Jeff Bridges is The Dude in "The Big Lebowski", etc. 

A couple slightly more obscure ones--another sci-fi role for Bridges, "Starman", from 1984, is an odd little movie that I've always liked for some reason, he's also the main character in "Blown Away", (which has Tommy Lee Jones...again...as a crazed Irish bomber), I have seen Jurasik on multiple other things including Taxi and Family Ties,  and Bruce Boxleitner played the _villian_ in a cheesy made-for-TV movie from the early '90s that also had Joanna Cassidy (from Blade Runner, ANOTHER 1982 sci-fi classic) in it.  He also shows up SUPER young on an episode of the Mary Tyler Moore show.  Do I watch too many classic sitcoms? Possibly. 

...Notorious

There are only two rules for success in life:

1. Never tell everything you know.

EXODUS
User

on Friday, July, 24, 2015 11:35 AM
I was on another forum that I go to (non-Tron related), and there was a thread for all future movie releases, and some posted something about a brand new live-action film version of Peter Pan, and they included a lnk .
This version is slightly different, in that it goes back to the start of the whole story and tries to explain Peter Pan's origins.

And to my surprise Garret Hedlund was in it!  He plays a young James Hook, who as we all know goes onto become Captain Hook.
If I'm honest, I didn't actually recognize him at first, I saw him in the trailer and thought to myself "That voice sounds familiar...".
And when I saw his name on the credits I thought "Aha!"

There's a trailer on Youtube if anyone wants to see it.

Coincidently, did anyone here know that he was in the film Troy, directed by Wolfgang Peterson in 2003? He played Achilles cousin Patroclus.

I only found that out today!

It's like Dan Stohl in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, in that it's one of those examples where I've seen the film DOZENS of times but never made the connection.

EXODUS
User

on Monday, October, 12, 2015 11:16 AM
I actually watched Troy last night, and sure enough there he was!

And even though it was made only a few years before Legacy he did look rather young in it.

Kat
User

on Monday, October, 12, 2015 10:57 PM
EXODUS Wrote:Coincidently, did anyone here know that he was in the film Troy, directed by Wolfgang Peterson in 2003? He played Achilles cousin Patroclus.

I only found that out today!

It's like Dan Stohl in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, in that it's one of those examples where I've seen the film DOZENS of times but never made the connection.
Yeah, I knew that.  I saw the scene on Youtube where he gets killed, and I was like, "they killed Sam!"  LOL.  (T:L is the only thing I'd ever seen him in before or since, except that short clip from Troy.)

See, I knew Dan Shor as Billy The Kid looooong before I ever saw Tron... so for me it was the other way around.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

EXODUS
User

on Wednesday, October, 14, 2015 8:48 AM
I live in the county of Kent in England, and has I was listening to my local radio station on my MP3 Player this morning they said that they were going to have an interview with Garret Hedlund this afternoon.

He's just done a film called Pan, which is about the origins of Peter Pan and Neverland, and he plays a young James Hook.

Unfortunately, they didn't actually say WHEN it would be on, but looking at the schedule I think it might be after 4pm.

EXODUS
User

on Wednesday, October, 14, 2015 11:16 AM
It's on NOW!

EXODUS
User

on Tuesday, October, 04, 2016 6:24 AM
I've been watching the original X-Files over the last few months on the TV channel Spike (Channel 160), which is on weekdays at 10pm.
I've started right from the very start of episode 1, and over the last few months I've made up to Season 7 so far.

Anyway, last nights episode had Lance Henrikson on it, who some of you might remembered has playing General Tesla in Uprising.

He played a character called Frank Black in episode 4 of Season 7. 

EXODUS
User

on Saturday, March, 11, 2017 9:21 AM
Was watching an episode of Family Guy on TV the other night, and the Griffins were watching a film on TV that (apparently) featured Bruce Boxleitner.
In fact, even Peter Griffin himself commented on what a great actor he was!  

It was only when I watching the end credits that I realized that it was actually him doing the voice!

I never even realized he even appeared on this show at the time.

EXODUS
User

on Sunday, April, 08, 2018 11:01 AM
The other night I got the chance to watch Flight of the Navigator, which I hadn't seen in YEARS!

But there were two things I noticed this time round. Firstly I didn't knew/had forgotten that Disney had made it.

And secondly, despite the many times I've seen it during my lifetime I never realized that the voice of the alien ship was done by Paul Reubens (aka Pavel from Uprising.)

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion