Status Bar 
 WOW! there's still people here?!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
sidrawat
User

RE: WOW! there's still people here?!

on Wednesday, September, 21, 2016 5:26 AM
Here we are! Still, people there means you were expecting our presence or not? :P

Data Lists, Data List Broker, Direct Mail Lists

MCPcomputer
User

on Wednesday, May, 03, 2017 1:44 AM

Yeah there are some pretty active Tron groups out there. So overall I think it's good. But I wish more programs would post here again. Wow it's been years

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

laphtiya
User

on Friday, May, 05, 2017 7:20 AM
MCPcomputer Wrote:
Yeah there are some pretty active Tron groups out there. So overall I think it's good. But I wish more programs would post here again. Wow it's been years
Yeah I mean I still come here most days, sad to see things dying down. This used to be my fav website, it was even my homepage once.  Now the forums just seem dead......damn shame

EXODUS
User

on Tuesday, June, 27, 2017 8:35 AM
I've seen this happen on another forum I use to go to.

It was for a popular crime show on TV at the time, and given the HUGE popularity of the show when it was on there was a LOT of activity on there, almost on a daily basis. 
In fact, it was the VERY FIRST forum I ever signed up to, way back in 2009!

But here's the thing-after about 5 seasons that show eventually came to end, and it was most definitely FINALE.

Done.Finished.Over.Forever.

What happened?

Within months of the end of that show nearly all activity on that forum almost completely DRIED-UP!

Towards the end the activity on that forum was reduced to a snails-crawl, because the members soon realized that without any new import into the franchise in any form there would be nothing new to talk about in the franchise. 
Or, to put it another way, when one Season ended (and when it was announced that the next Season would be produced but before production had actually begun) activity slowed down tremendously, and at the time some members were asking why things were slowing down?

Then one member-I can't remember their name/ID-hit the nail on the head:

The reason why there was such (has they called it) "a lull" between Seasons is because everyone on the forum was just sitting quietly and waiting for the 'Next Big Thing' to happen in the franchise, and what will be released (TV show/film/merchandise) next.

Looking at it, I think that's exactly what's happened here. Tron fans and forum members are sitting quietly (making the occasional comment) just waiting to see what's going to happen next.

And I'm sorry but I think it's going to be a LONG time before we hear anything meaningful about this franchise. Tron 3 seems to have been indefinitely shelved by the looks of it, Disney have (so far) shown particularly no interest in reviving Uprising and I can see almost no new major merchandising releases recently.

I'm sorry to say this, but by the looks of I think this is has good as it gets for the franchise for now. Legacy was released 7 years ago now, Uprising 5 years ago and I think that in terms of interest in the general public the franchise is very much on a declining slope now, and has been for years.

I don't think this franchise will disappear entirely from the Sci-fi community, it will always be around in one form or another and I think it's up to us to keep it going for as long as possible on forums like this.

EXODUS
User

on Friday, September, 08, 2017 9:45 AM
I know I don't come here has often as I use to, but for the last few months things have been quite busy for me.

I've been doing a LOT of work, and there's been all manner of things happening in my private life, so my dedication to Tron has had to be put to one side a bit for some time now.

Also, what with the franchise in general having become increasingly quiet over the last few years thanks to Disney's lack of interest in doing anything useful with it (presumably because they're now too busy flogging Marvel super heroes and Star Wars to the consumer) has meant that my once great interest in this has actually somewhat waned over the last few years, and like many other fans the lack of ongoing activity with the franchise has meant my personal interests have drifted into other things and areas.

But yet, despite all that, I'm just not quite ready to give it up completely! My love for the franchise has been going on YEARS (long before Legacy was even conceived) and after all these years it just doesn't feel right to just dump it and walk away completely.

Therefore, I've come up with a (short) plan to help me get back into the swing of things, which involves going through the whole history again.
One of the things I've done is that I've printed out a copy of the story/narrative for Tron: Evolution. I looked up the plotline and copied the text (FOR MY OWN PERSONAL USE, in case any lawyers are watching  ) and printed it off.

I've come up with a 'reintegration' plan to rekindle my interest in the franchise and it is thus:

Over four consecutive nights I am going to (1) watch the original movie, (2) read the Betrayal graphic novel, (3) read the printed narrative for Evolution and (4) watch Legacy
Ideally the fifth part onwards would be watching Uprising, but there's nothing we can do about that really, is there?

I believe these events occurred in chronological order above, so I'm hoping it might renew my interest further more. 

Compucore
User

on Friday, September, 08, 2017 10:30 AM
I used to be one of the top posters here along with one or two other programs in the early days. until real lif happen to be the main concern to getting things dones. Since then and some things have calm down I am back here to post once again. Being one of the founding fathers of posting in this board. LOL. I am back for a little while Even Traahn knows that as well. Right Traahn.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Traahn
User

on Sunday, September, 10, 2017 1:09 PM
Compucore Wrote:I used to be one of the top posters here along with one or two other programs in the early days. until real lif happen to be the main concern to getting things dones. Since then and some things have calm down I am back here to post once again. Being one of the founding fathers of posting in this board. LOL. I am back for a little while Even Traahn knows that as well. Right Traahn.
You're still one of the top posters. #4 in fact, at a staggering 4,427 posts! My life has been busy, too, so I don't come around here as often. I think pre- and post-Tron Legacy launch discussions fractured the community a bit, but maybe a Tron 3 will someday unite the Users.

Real life happens... and it happened to me, too. Been quite busy the past while and will continue to be. So unless or until a Tron 3 is officially said to be in the works, including some substantive teasers, I will continue to lurk in the shadows, for the most part; occasionally popping in to see how folks on the Grid are doing.

"Video Warriors, look! The I/O towers! Every one of them is lighting up!"

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Compucore
User

on Monday, September, 11, 2017 12:02 PM
Traahn Wrote:
Compucore Wrote:I used to be one of the top posters here along with one or two other programs in the early days. until real lif happen to be the main concern to getting things dones. Since then and some things have calm down I am back here to post once again. Being one of the founding fathers of posting in this board. LOL. I am back for a little while Even Traahn knows that as well. Right Traahn.
You're still one of the top posters. #4 in fact, at a staggering 4,427 posts! My life has been busy, too, so I don't come around here as often. I think pre- and post-Tron Legacy launch discussions fractured the community a bit, but maybe a Tron 3 will someday unite the Users.

Real life happens... and it happened to me, too. Been quite busy the past while and will continue to be. So unless or until a Tron 3 is officially said to be in the works, including some substantive teasers, I will continue to lurk in the shadows, for the most part; occasionally popping in to see how folks on the Grid are doing.

"Video Warriors, look! The I/O towers! Every one of them is lighting up!"
Yeah I hear ya all too well on that.I will still post from time to time. Been working on some other things through youtube as another outlet for my hobbies here. Like playing pool in the billiard halls. Trying to get a couple of my friends to join in for a couple of rounds of fun. tape it at the same time. And go through the routines of editing it and some other tech stuff. (Which reminds me I could do a simple repair of that outdated vcr that I have here. LOL Looking and sonding like Doc from ack to the future talking out loud ) Should be interesting to post something like that even though they are no longer in production and cassette tapes are already hard to find. The fun of being in tech as always. 

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

RehmaanMalik
User

on Wednesday, February, 07, 2018 4:33 AM
yEah i'm Here

accounting software in saudi arabia & best accounting software in saudi arabia

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Status Bar 
 WOW! there's still people here?!