Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 New TRON Video Game on the way. What does this mean?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Nikefutbolero
User

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2015 11:39 PM
So Giorgio Moroder and Skrillex are working on the soudtrack to a new Tron video game from Disney. What does thi mean for the future of a new Tron movie? Clearly they haven't forgotten about Tron 3 and this sounds to me like nothing but good news for the film. Thoughts?

"I'm going to meet Skrillex next week when I'm back," he said in the interview (said meeting has since, presumably, taken place). "I'm doing the music for a game for Disney's Tron. We have about five themes, electronic stuff and let's see if he's interested in remixing or re-working one of the songs."

Link

TRON.dll
User

RE: New TRON Video Game on the way. What does this mean?

on Thursday, February, 12, 2015 3:22 AM
I know nothing about this game so far.

But I am already way too excited to unconditionally love it regardless of its flaws.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

CardioFunk
User

on Thursday, February, 12, 2015 7:11 AM
It's definitely a good sign. It's not Daft Punk, but still fairly close. I'm sure they wouldn't hire out like that unless they planned to invest in this fully. I hope it stays around the same kind of music since I like spaghetti western, but Uprising had more of that feel to it than Legacy. I'm sure they're going to use this to ride the Tron train when public interest spikes again (i.e. with Tron 3).

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, February, 12, 2015 10:16 AM

I would really be surprised, if this was actually a completely new title.  Unless it's a low-budget mobile or online free-to-play game.  Releasing a big-budget title out of the blue, with no additional movie sequel on the immediate horizon, doesn't seem like something Disney would do.

Despite what the various news sites have been implying, I'd find it far more likely that this "new game" is actually an expansion for Disney Infinity.  That would make a lot more sense to me.

But, we'll find out.  Either way, it's interesting news.  It means Disney hasn't given up on TRON.  Though it's definitely on the back-burner, thanks to Star Wars.  (Something I saw coming a mile away, unfortunately.  Once Disney acquired Star Wars, everything else would be pushed aside.)

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, February, 13, 2015 4:11 PM

I just posted an article on my blog site, going into more specifics regarding what I think this "new" TRON game actually is.

http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2015/02/disney-working-on-new-tron-game-why-it.html

Feel free to leave me comments (here or over there), whether you like the article, hate it, or think I'm an idiot and don't know what I'm talking about.

Nikefutbolero
User

on Saturday, February, 14, 2015 3:06 AM
Well the only Tron "expansion" for Disney's Infinity 2.0 was for iOS only and they already released those this month so that already happened. This is bigger than Infinity, they wouldn't get these two guys two do something that small. This smells like a stand alone game for a console. 

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, February, 14, 2015 10:26 AM

Nikefutbolero Wrote:
Well the only Tron "expansion" for Disney's Infinity 2.0 was for iOS only

The update that adds Sam and Quorra is releasing for Infinity on PC as well, next month.  Though I don't think that has anything to do with this announcement.

Nikefutbolero Wrote:
they already released those this month so that already happened. This is bigger than Infinity, they wouldn't get these two guys two do something that small. This smells like a stand alone game for a console. 

Just because they already released something TRON-related for Infinity, doesn't mean more can't be on the way.  There will be an Infinity 3.0 at some point (and probably even a 4.0), and part of that could be additional TRON content.  And how is that "too small" a project for Moroder and Skrillex?  Infinity sells like hotcakes, it's a big money maker for Disney.

As for a stand-alone console game, I really really doubt that. Not unless it's some small low-budget indie style game, and even then it won't be exclusive to consoles.  The only way it could be a bigger budget game, is if TRON 3 has been greenlit and we don't know about it yet.

Yes, it's all guesses on my part, I could be completely wrong.  But it's educated guessing.  We'll find out.  (Though I have a pretty good track record in predicting these kinds of things.)

CardioFunk
User

on Saturday, February, 14, 2015 3:52 PM
Or it might be tough to book anything out of those composers, and it's just going to be kept for a later date. Lots of unknowns to speculate around. But I still have hope for a new Uprising uprising.

typicaltronname
User

on Wednesday, February, 18, 2015 1:56 AM
Sweet goodness I can't wait for more details! 

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

tomorowlandude
User

on Thursday, February, 19, 2015 9:06 PM
I really hope this is something good, and not just a "free"-to-play app. Hopefully something immersive and fun like Tron 2.0...

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, February, 21, 2015 12:38 PM

Nikefutbolero
User

on Sunday, February, 22, 2015 5:20 AM
I think you're wrong bro sorry

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, March, 09, 2015 3:16 AM

There's a rumor that's started, about how TRON 3 may begin filming in October this year.  (I've archived the tweet too, just in case it gets deleted.)

https://twitter.com/lemon_buzz/status/574363935303847937

If this is true, then it changes everything regarding a new game.  With a sequel on the way, then it would make sense for Disney to do another big-budget TRON game.  (Which is something I said in the video.)

UPDATE: I've written an article regarding the rumor that the TRON 3 sequel may begin filming in October 2015, with the possible title of the film:

http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2015/03/tron-3-to-begin-filming-in-2015.html

Nikefutbolero
User

on Wednesday, March, 11, 2015 7:01 AM
So I was right and you were wrong. 

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, March, 11, 2015 12:44 PM

Nikefutbolero Wrote:
So I was right and you were wrong. 

We still don't have all the facts.  When Disney announces TRON 3, and they announce a big-budget game to go with it, then: Yes, you were right.  I don't mind admitting if I'm wrong.

But at this point, the greenlight news still hasn't been officially confirmed.  And it's not automatically a guarantee that Moroder and Skrillex are working on a big-budget game.  I also said no big-budget game "unless a sequel has been secretly greenlit", which we're waiting for confirmation on.

I took a bet on Disney announcing the sequel, well before anyone would even start talking about a (possible) big-budget game.  Looks like Moroder spoke way too early, and he was probably reprimanded by Disney for it by now.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion