Tron 2.0 
 TRON 2.0 Retrospective and Interview

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, June, 27, 2014 2:25 PM

Here's the first part of the footage that Parallax Abstraction recorded during a TRON 2.0 multiplayer get together, last week. This video shows Light Cycle gameplay. The other two parts will cover Derez and Disc Arena.

This first part is also the longest, at almost an hour. The other two parts will probably be around half an hour each.

Hopefully PXA and I can keep you entertained during each video. He interviewed me about the history of TRON 2.0, the community, the mods, etc. while we played.

I tend to be pretty candid/blunt when I talk about everything here, so hopefully I haven't annoyed anyone who listens. LOL.

He also did a series with a walkthrough of TRON 2.0 Single Player, where he sometimes talks about LDSO and the fact that he's using the Killer App Mod.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLc0jNJtS2JGB2KWFfrJ7_t389Qqy7_tCZ

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

deeahchur
User

RE: TRON 2.0 Retrospective and Interview

on Friday, June, 27, 2014 10:05 PM
Awesome! Glad to hear a bit more from you guys. I enjoyed the candidness, actually.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

/ / S C A N N I N G
/ / Incompatable Program detected
/ / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
"Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Sunday, June, 29, 2014 12:34 PM
Great interview. abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, June, 29, 2014 12:37 PM

Here's part two of the interview between myself and Parallax Abstraction, clocking in at about 45 minutes.

This part covers multiplayer Derez gameplay. We talk some more about Buena Vista Interactive's poor support, and how the community didn't give up on TRON 2.0 like they did.

deeahchur Wrote:
I enjoyed the candidness, actually.

Yeah . . . I figure some people may get annoyed with some of what I have to say. But I provided No-BS answers, about what I really thought of everything that happened over the years. I'm being honest with my thoughts on the matter, rather than sugar-coating my words.

Sketch Wrote:
Great interview.

Haha, thanks Sketch. The fact that you enjoyed it, means a lot.

Just posted part two, and there's still a third part coming up in a couple of days.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Sunday, June, 29, 2014 4:15 PM
Finished watching part 2. Excellent job!

Love to hear the back stories about what the community had to deal with making those maps and how Monolith reacted, or didn't react for lack of a better term.

Due to time I never really had a change to really check out any of the custom maps the community came out with. Am blown away by what's presented in the videos. Absolutely love the levels recreating actual environments from the original film. Startling how close to details the mappers got. That tank interior is gorgeous!

The connected Tron community has always been a small one. Anytime I run into someone who likes Tron I point them to this fan site. Most just don't know about it. Since Legacy came out it's grown here, but it also shrank at the same time. I'm sure cause life get's busy. I disappeared mainly due to making the transition from college to the job world. My where does time go? It's great to see 2.0 still being kept alive in some form. Before Legacy came out, Tron 2.0 was a huge deal for this community. Back then, here was a film from 1982, which had since been completely ignored by Disney. And out of the digital blue, 2.0 just appeared, giving us fans full emission into the world of Tron. Am really glad 2.0 had a chance to get made.

Felt 2.0 got a lot of aspects correct with the world of Tron. Love Tron Legacy as well in a variety of ways, but admit there's a slight disconnect with it. Don't take this as me saying I hate Legacy at all. There isn't much visually to form a solid bridge to show linage to the original film. Understand the reasons, the studio wants to upgrade beyond the 80's styling of the original, and it's a sequel made way beyond the point most sequels are ever made. But that's what I loved about Tron 2.0. They really embraced so much of the design aspects that made the original film unique. The team practially ran with the traditional circuit costume designs. The abstract world elements or physics were kept, such as set components don't have to be attached to anything, they can float in a fixed point of space. The tributes to Wendy Carlos's original scores through out the game really helped to anchor it too. Sure the story could of been much better, but I accept it for what it is, much like the original film and Legacy.

Looking forward to the third video. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

deeahchur
User

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2014 12:07 AM
I want to apologize for blipping out for energon cubes when I did. One of the traits about my maps is the aspect of discovery, and had I been present, I could have given some clues.

Clue 1: throw a disc at a door or the glass
Clue 2: if you're damaged, enter a capsule in the medlab
Clue 3: be a DJ in the club!

/ / S C A N N I N G
/ / Incompatable Program detected
/ / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
"Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2014 1:09 PM

Here's the third and final part of the interview between myself and Parallax Abstraction, clocking in at about 50 minutes.

This part covers multiplayer Disc Arena gameplay. We talk a bit about the history of the Lithtech game engine that TRON 2.0 uses, why modding should be allowed to co-exist with paid DLC, and why LDSO still releases projects for TRON 2.0 and hasn't moved on, even though the game is very old at this point.

Sketch Wrote:
Felt 2.0 got a lot of aspects correct with the world of Tron. Love Tron Legacy as well in a variety of ways, but admit there's a slight disconnect with it. Don't take this as me saying I hate Legacy at all. There isn't much visually to form a solid bridge to show linage to the original film. Understand the reasons, the studio wants to upgrade beyond the 80's styling of the original, and it's a sequel made way beyond the point most sequels are ever made. But that's what I loved about Tron 2.0. They really embraced so much of the design aspects that made the original film unique. The team practially ran with the traditional circuit costume designs. The abstract world elements or physics were kept, such as set components don't have to be attached to anything, they can float in a fixed point of space. The tributes to Wendy Carlos's original scores through out the game really helped to anchor it too. Sure the story could of been much better, but I accept it for what it is, much like the original film and Legacy.

That's exactly how I feel about everything. TRON Legacy was good, but not great, when it came to establishing a connection with what came before. Visually, at least.

The program costumes, in particular, bothered me in Legacy. They were so dull . . . too minimalist. I don't think anyone expected the crew on Legacy to be completely beholden to what came before, but that's where I felt TRON 2.0 shone and struck a better balance between what's old and what was newly introduced for the game.

At least TRON Uprising, for me anyway, helped restore some of that balance and I really enjoyed it. Costumes had more circuit pattern details again, programs acted more like programs and not just people inside a computer, and there were lots of nods and callbacks to TRON/TRON 2.0. The episode with the "compressed space" realm looked like it had been lifted straight out of TRON 2.0. Which was very cool to see.

flynn1978
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2014 11:46 PM
The costumes in TRON Legacy-to me-were just glorified space suits.

EDIT: Hey-I was checking out the LDSO site--if that multiplayer fix is gonna be part of the next version of the Killer App Mod--I'm sure gonna get back onlilne!! Will I have to download the complete map pack, too-or will it be included in the mod? Is Killer App v1.2 almost ready?

Honestly--in the past I didn't know about that MP fix, so I'm SO ready to get back online and toss killer frisbees around!!

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, July, 03, 2014 9:12 PM

flynn1978 Wrote:
EDIT: Hey-I was checking out the LDSO site--if that multiplayer fix is gonna be part of the next version of the Killer App Mod--I'm sure gonna get back onlilne!!

The current MP fix will be retired, and in its place will be a better one as part of v1.2 of the mod. Instead of relying on an external program to connect to TRON 2.0 servers, the in-game server browser will be working again.

I posted a video of the in-game browser functioning once more:
http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=359812&fc=452198#452198

Will I have to download the complete map pack, too-or will it be included in the mod?

The map pack will stay separate. Not everyone will necessarily want the maps, and it would make the mod download much bigger. But in v1.2 the installer for the mod will notify you of other add-ons like the map pack, and give you an option to download and install them.

Is Killer App v1.2 almost ready?

It's getting there . . . but it will likely be another 2-3 months before it's ready for some private testing. I probably won't be giving out the test version to many people (only those I feel I can rely on), because last time when I gave it out for v1.1: most of the people who said they would help test and provide feedback, did not do so.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

tron85
User

on Sunday, July, 06, 2014 4:54 PM
After watching this cool interviews, I'm thinking about playing the game again.
But I will wait until the patch is finished, just to be sure.

Always had a mixed feeling about Tron 2.0. It really looks and feels amazing, but I was turned off by the combat. Even on the easiest setting I had situations like this: 100 hp- enemy appears-zamm..I'm dead... (I especially hated the data vampires)
The enemies were a disturbance while I just wanted to explore this great world.
If I would know anything about modding and mapping, I would like to make a adventure style Tron campaign with focus on dialog and puzzles (with items stored in the disk).

But, anyway, keep up the amazing work!
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, July, 08, 2014 12:03 AM
Most impressive levels! The micro levels look so fun! Great interview again TronFAQ. Loved all three segments and the amount of detail you dove into about the game. abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0