TRON: LEGACY 
 why the number 3?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
combatant_3
User

why the number 3?

on Sunday, May, 19, 2013 11:12 PM
The number 3 has a lot of significance for me so I thought it was really cool to see it show up on the grid so much. Throughout Tron: Legacy the number 3 appears many times. Sam Flynn is combatant 3 so it shows up multiple times during the games, including on his helmet. It shows up on the floor of the recognizer, on the floor of the armory, on doors and in Kevin Flynn's light cycle. Does anyone know why Joseph Kosinski decided to use this number so much? What's the significance with the number 3?

Tzigone
User

RE: why the number 3?

on Monday, May, 20, 2013 6:50 AM
edit: nevermind

Kat
User

on Monday, May, 20, 2013 8:37 AM
Maybe it's his favorite number. Maybe it's a personal Easter egg. Maybe it's because it shows up in religion so much. Maybe it stands for the triumvirates of Flynn/Tron/Ram and Flynn/Tron/Yori and Flynn/Sam/Quorra. Maybe he liked the way it looked best in that font. Has anyone ever asked him in an interview?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

combatant_3
User

on Monday, May, 20, 2013 4:52 PM
Kat Wrote: Has anyone ever asked him in an interview?

Thanks for the response, Kat. I'm not sure if he has been asked that question in an interview. I'm thinking that something hidden so inconspicuously must be something personal. Maybe it's his signature. I wonder if the number 3 shows up in his other work.

Kat
User

on Monday, May, 20, 2013 7:19 PM
combatant_3 Wrote:
Kat Wrote: Has anyone ever asked him in an interview?

Thanks for the response, Kat. I'm not sure if he has been asked that question in an interview. I'm thinking that something hidden so inconspicuously must be something personal. Maybe it's his signature. I wonder if the number 3 shows up in his other work.

Probably hard to say, since I believe T:L was his first film. I saw Oblivion just the other day, and I can tell you I don't recall seeing a "3" anywhere even remotely prominent.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

MCPcomputer
User

on Tuesday, May, 21, 2013 12:37 PM

Interesting.. I also wondering about the numbers...
and the number 3 in the movie.

But it's hard to know for sure!

sometimes I wonder...
but can't know for sure always

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

combatant_3
User

on Saturday, June, 15, 2013 3:17 PM
I'm convinced that the number 3 has everything to do with Sam Flynn. Of course he is combatant 3 so every time the number 3 appears in the games it is directly connected to him. It is the number he was given during the games. The other times it shows up, in Flynn's light cycle or on the floor of the recognizer, Sam is right there. It signals his presence. Some have suggested character grouping in threes. I believe this is correct and Sam is the third of a grouping. Kevin Flynn, Tron, Sam Flynn.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

HooDooMan
User

on Monday, June, 17, 2013 1:00 AM
Maybe it's because Sam is the third "Flynn" on the Grid? If you think about it, Kevin was the first, then he created CLU (which was an exact copy of Kevin himself, so therefore, the second "Flynn"), and then Sam shows up, and it's the third "Flynn". Maybe the Grid recognizes the three different entities of "Flynn"? I don't know. But it definitely would be a good question to ask Joseph Kosinski.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 why the number 3?