TRON: LEGACY 
 Clu in the Real World?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Honda Enoch
User

Clu in the Real World?

on Tuesday, March, 19, 2013 9:14 PM
Forgive me if this has been discussed already.

The plot behind Legacy was the Clu wanted Flynn's disc so he could go to the real world. But could Clu (or any program) exist, live, survive, in the real world?

They function off light and energy from the computer. How would they function in the real world?

Discuss.

My other ride is a Light Cycle.

Kat
User

RE: Clu in the Real World?

on Wednesday, March, 20, 2013 8:35 AM
Well, we have, of course, debated whether all of Clu's technology and such would even work in the real world.

For all we know, Clu would've gotten a big disappointment.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Java
User

on Wednesday, March, 20, 2013 10:23 AM
Since, Quorra was able to fully function outside of the system. I don't see why Clu couldn't have as well. Maybe it's a technicality since, being an ISO, she is already a being similar enough to humans. She's still code to start with.

hmmm. maybe if we had seen what happened to that orange that got digitized in TRON 82'
then that would answer some question about how things change fundamentally.

END OF LINE.

Honda Enoch
User

on Wednesday, March, 20, 2013 11:51 AM
Java Wrote:Since, Quorra was able to fully function outside of the system. I don't see why Clu couldn't have as well. Maybe it's a technicality since, being an ISO, she is already a being similar enough to humans. She's still code to start with.

hmmm. maybe if we had seen what happened to that orange that got digitized in TRON 82'

Well... We saw her exist, but not function, like as a program. One could assume that once a program crosses over, they become normal/human.

Kat
User

on Wednesday, March, 20, 2013 10:22 PM
Java Wrote:Since, Quorra was able to fully function outside of the system. I don't see why Clu couldn't have as well. Maybe it's a technicality since, being an ISO, she is already a being similar enough to humans. She's still code to start with.

I'm not sure exactly how Isos are more similar to humans. I mean, technically they're still programs, right, just not programs written by people. But I'm not convinced that makes them any 'better" or more "human-like" than other programs, unless there was something in T:U I don't know about their nature?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Java
User

on Thursday, March, 21, 2013 1:18 PM
Since we see all of Clu's soldiers use gear and ships that operate with a kind of mechanical nature and the grid shows flight physics. It would make sense for them to retain their functionality once translated into human world. I just don't know how a massive floating vessel would work, because we don't any existing hover technology as a parallel.

END OF LINE.

Honda Enoch
User

on Thursday, March, 21, 2013 7:10 PM
Java Wrote:Since we see all of Clu's soldiers use gear and ships that operate with a kind of mechanical nature and the grid shows flight physics. It would make sense for them to retain their functionality once translated into human world. I just don't know how a massive floating vessel would work, because we don't any existing hover technology as a parallel.

But they get their energy/power/fuel whatever from light, and computer energy and stuff. They wouldn't just pull into the local gas station and fill up.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

MCPcomputer
User

on Sunday, May, 19, 2013 1:24 PM

That would be funny they pull up to the gas station.
Yes I'm CLU from The Grid! Please fill up my light tanks and Light jets.
And that big carrier over there is gonna use massive power.
Also these Recos take tons of energy to run!

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Tzigone
User

on Sunday, May, 19, 2013 3:38 PM
Also these Recos take tons of energy to run!
Well, apparently they run on little enough power (electricity) that the power bill for the arcade didn't raise any eyebrows....

bela374
User

on Saturday, June, 22, 2013 6:55 AM
I don't see why Clu couldn't have as well. Maybe it's a technicality since, being an ISO, she is already a being similar enough to humans. She's still code to start with.

-----------------------------------------
gadgetssea gadgetsseabenq-joybee-gp3-mini-projector benq-joybee-gp3-mini-projectororange-samsung-galaxy-pop-in-south-korea orange-samsung-galaxy-pop-in-south-korealg-mt93-27-inch-3d-ips-personal-smart-tv lg-mt93-27-inch-3d-ips-personal-smart-tvsanwa-400-prj018-pico-projector sanwa-400-prj018-pico-projector

| Usman | Malik | The | Great |

combatant_3
User

on Saturday, June, 22, 2013 2:42 PM
I think Kat is right, ISOs are still programs. They're just not programs written by people.

Flynn said his disc is the master key, not just for him. We know for a fact this is true because Quorra entered the real world. He also said our worlds are more connected than anyone knows. The fact that Flynn is so concerned about Clu crossing over says it all. Otherwise, the whole premise of the movie is undermined.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Clu in the Real World?