TRON: UPRISING 
 "Variety" article lays out the future of Tron: Uprising

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

RE: "Variety" article lays out the future of Tron: Uprising

on Wednesday, March, 20, 2013 6:05 AM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Of course, of course. And I respect and enjoy the different facets of perspective that we all bring in. Your interpretations and experience are valued, West.

... But a bit of humor (or, at least, taking a post as humor) is good to lighten any apprehension we might harbor.

Yes -- bottom line: there's no point in getting twisted all out of sorts about something that just isn't true -- and then trying to perpetuate it as "gospel".

As far as comedy goes -- I love it... Bring it on

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

renderinfo2
User

on Wednesday, March, 20, 2013 10:32 AM
WorldOutWest Wrote:...
Not the case -- the process of production was evident at all times -- and there's no mystery as to what the actual show was going to be like or entail. ...
- Jay
I respectfully disagree. If only because Disney CANCELLED Tron Uprising, instead of renewing it for another season

Again, the issue was the limited number of viewers, which again, stems from the erratic showing of the episodes -- and the limited audience that Disney X D has.
There's no doubt what you said above is 100% true. But you missed my point. Why would Disney limit Tron Uprising to Disney X D? Why would Disney "erratically show the episodes"?
To me (and this is my point in the previous post), Disney "Executives" thought they were getting a Disney X D series (which according to the article, is a series targeted to the 6-11 age group). I think the article makes this pretty clear, and Tron Uprising, as I think we all agree, is not a show that is targetted at the 6-11 age group. You, me, and everyone else agree that this show is much better than that (with a larger target audience yadda yadda yadda).

I still truly believe that if EITHER
the Disney "Executives" recognized that Tron Uprising had a different demographic than Disney X D and marketted/distributed it appropriately
OR
the Disney "Executives" told the producers something to the effect "Please Target Tron Uprising to the 6-11 year olds because we are only marketing/distributing it on Disney X D"

THEN
Tron Uprising would still live. This is not to discount that viewership was totally trashed by the erratic viewings and times. But that was a result of the limited viewership of Disney X D (as you noted originally) and that this show didn't hit the "targeted demographic" on the bullseye. I'm still questioning that ORIGINAL decision back when the series was announced to only air the series on Disney X D. Either the executives didn't realize they were getting a show that wasn't targeted to 6-11 year olds OR the producers didn't realize they needed to target that audience as the "bullseye" (See comments in the article for support of my argument). Unless you want to discount the article wholesale, it really lends a lot of light on what happened to the series.

Just my thoughts...

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, March, 20, 2013 1:23 PM
renderinfo2 Wrote:
Not the case -- the process of production was evident at all times -- and there's no mystery as to what the actual show was going to be like or entail. ...
- Jay
I respectfully disagree. If only because Disney CANCELLED Tron Uprising, instead of renewing it for another season

Again, the issue was the limited number of viewers, which again, stems from the erratic showing of the episodes -- and the limited audience that Disney X D has.
There's no doubt what you said above is 100% true. But you missed my point. Why would Disney limit Tron Uprising to Disney X D? Why would Disney "erratically show the episodes"?
To me (and this is my point in the previous post), Disney "Executives" thought they were getting a Disney X D series (which according to the article, is a series targeted to the 6-11 age group). I think the article makes this pretty clear, and Tron Uprising, as I think we all agree, is not a show that is targetted at the 6-11 age group. You, me, and everyone else agree that this show is much better than that (with a larger target audience yadda yadda yadda).

I still truly believe that if EITHER
the Disney "Executives" recognized that Tron Uprising had a different demographic than Disney X D and marketted/distributed it appropriately
OR
the Disney "Executives" told the producers something to the effect "Please Target Tron Uprising to the 6-11 year olds because we are only marketing/distributing it on Disney X D"

THEN
Tron Uprising would still live. This is not to discount that viewership was totally trashed by the erratic viewings and times. But that was a result of the limited viewership of Disney X D (as you noted originally) and that this show didn't hit the "targeted demographic" on the bullseye. I'm still questioning that ORIGINAL decision back when the series was announced to only air the series on Disney X D. Either the executives didn't realize they were getting a show that wasn't targeted to 6-11 year olds OR the producers didn't realize they needed to target that audience as the "bullseye" (See comments in the article for support of my argument). Unless you want to discount the article wholesale, it really lends a lot of light on what happened to the series.

Just my thoughts...

Again, you're projecting FAR too much of your own take on things into that Variety article.

I've had visits to the Studio regarding TRON: UPRISING since May of last year -- and I'm well aware of several aspects of the production (that in addition to covering TRON for the LA TIMES -- including TRON: LEGACY).

I've covered this thoroughly in previous articles, as well as some responses here in this forum topic.

Definitely all thoughts are welcome -- but you have to understand too, if there's actually an answer to something, there's no reason to instigate several other "what ifs" about it -- that's all spiraling out of control conjecture. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

LORD_Z3DD
User

on Wednesday, March, 20, 2013 7:54 PM
WorldOutWest Wrote:

We've been over this bud -- that's not what's happening Read all posts above.

Then what do they mean with " It will be back, but it won't be the same"?

It seems to me that we will get another series or a dumbed down version of Uprising

renderinfo2
User

on Friday, March, 22, 2013 1:13 PM
WorldOutWest Wrote:Definitely all thoughts are welcome -- but you have to understand too, if there's actually an answer to something, there's no reason to instigate several other "what ifs" about it -- that's all spiraling out of control conjecture.
Since you used my comments, I assume you are referring to me as having "no reason to instigate several other what ifs" about this article or the future of Tron:Uprising. I promise I am trying hard, but I can't understand your statement above at all, no matter what context I use.

This is a forum. I don't know if this helps but here's a definition I got from Google (typing in Definition of forum)...
fo·rum
/'fôr?m/
Noun

1) A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
2) An Internet message board.

I humbly (and not as sarcastic as it comes out) apologize for contributing to any spiraling out of control conjecture. LOL, I still have to say I think you are missing nearly all my points. But no matter. If you feel that I am posting any inappropriate content or not contributing to the forum or thread constructively, I promise to work on that. I do appreciate all replies and comments.

KingJ.exe
User

on Friday, March, 22, 2013 1:35 PM
Hrm. Don't really know what to make of this. They seem to be saying "Uprising was great, but it wasn't quite what we wanted, so we're pulling back and reevaluating." To that, I am curious why they didn't run with it, even if it didn't make their precise expectations, and see what came of it. So it didn't quite hit the bulls-eye for the target audience. In fact, to me it seems that it hit a much wider area. Instead of a precise sniper round into the bulls-eye, they got a shotgun blast that obliterated the target. Why didn't they try to take what was already popular and market it appropriately?

The only explanation that I can think of is TR3N. They found out it was coming, and decided that an animated TRON series would do much better closer to 2015 or whenever they finish TR3N. Not only would a series drive ticket sales, but it would also drive viewers to whatever channel the series aired on. A simple trailer before the actual film (not unheard of) could accomplish that, especially if the film does well. I can see the logic in that. What I can't see is the logic of not even giving Uprising a shot. Uprising could have been that. Imagine if we got a time-lapse in there, and we can see Beck, Mara, Zed, and the rest of the Uprising still fighting Tessler and other generals who weren't important enough to go with CLU to the Real World first time around in between Legacy and TR3N. It could have built up to the film, then continued after the fact.

But that's all speculation about something that isn't going to happen now, apparently. Now I wonder what sort of Tron we'll see closer to TR3N. I certainly hope that all of us won't look at it and quote Flynn, asking "Tron, what have you become?", and not in the hopeful manner that we did in Legacy (for the most part, yes it had it's flaws) but in the manner Flynn looked at Rinzer, mourning his friend.

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

budleighsalterton
User

on Friday, March, 22, 2013 1:42 PM
Perhaps they can make Tron: Downfall detailing how Clu gained control of Tron and Beck continuing to chip away at Clu's empire. Then when Tr3n comes out we can see Beck rescuing Tron from the water in one of the submarines we saw in Uprising and their attempts to defend the grid from whatever the new threat would be.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 "Variety" article lays out the future of Tron: Uprising