Other Sectors 
 Soundcloud alternatives?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Kat
User

Soundcloud alternatives?

on Friday, January, 18, 2013 7:05 PM
I know some of you here are musicians, so you might know.

I'm looking to move off of Soundcloud. Now that they've gone all "new," they've made it so if you play one of a person's tracks, three more so-called "related tracks" at the bottom of the page automatically load and play as soon as the first track is over. Despite a lot of complaints, it doesn't look like Soundcloud's going to remove this feature or allow users to choose to disable it.

This is completely unacceptable to me. I use my Soundcloud for sharing stuff with people, and if I link someone to one track, it doesn't mean I want them automatically hearing whatever other tracks of mine SC decides to play for them. I have everything up there from stuff that is somewhat polished, to stuff that is totally NOT, and I don't want to link someone to something and then have some piece-of-shit track that I don't want seeing the light of day to play for them next. I could use private tracks, but I often share with people who just aren't tech-savvy enough to grasp it (like my mom).

So I need to move my music to something else. I've tried Googling "alternatives to Soundcloud" but usually what I find are people looking for functionality I don't need. I am not looking to market my music (it's mostly covers), or share it at large (so no Pandora-radio-like sites that will pull from my music and play it randomly on someone's player). I just want to be able to put my music up there, and link family or friends to a piece and be like "Yeah, here's my version of Love Is a Battlefield / O Mio Babbino Caro / Be Thou My Vision / whatever." no fuss, no muss, and nothing where they have to create a membership to a site to hear it or find a confusing "download" link or anything. That's what I like about SC--well, the old SC. I could just say "click this link and hit the 'play' button" and voila, there was my music, and I could link someone to an individual track, etc.

I have an account with Chirbit, but I dropped that in favor of SC because it was slightly a pain in the arse and I never knew if it worked correctly for people, anyway. Box.net is a general file download site and while I know of people who've used it for music, I don't know if it has any sort of player, or one that would work with all OSs/browsers? I can't tell what Bandcamp is all about but it seems almost like another Reverbnation of sorts, and Reverbnation doesn't have the ability to link to individual tracks OR to write down info about a track. And all of the other alternatives (mixcloud.com, house-mixes.com, etc.) I've heard of seem geared to people who do electronica, and who are also looking to market their stuff.

(I'm pissed about this, btw. Transferring my music's gonna be a pain in the ass, because my recordings are not on MY machine. Long story short, all of my recordings and everything I've written are on my former partner's computer, which moved with him to another state, and he hasn't yet copied it all to send to me. So I have to hope that I can download everything from my Soundcloud and Reverbnation sites so I can then re-upload it to another site.)

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Murdock.dat
User

RE: Soundcloud alternatives?

on Saturday, January, 19, 2013 9:44 PM
www.putlocker.com . Don't know if that helps or not.

Sorry it's not a live link, cuz for some reason it throws in tron-sector as part of the address.

"On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy."

MCPcomputer
User

on Sunday, January, 20, 2013 11:16 PM

soundclick is good if you just want to share you music streaming....

also reverbnation is good for streaming and downloading songs etc.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Kat
User

on Monday, January, 21, 2013 1:01 AM
I think some folks I know have convinced me to use box.net; it does have a player and I think it'll mostly do what I want. So I'm slowly loading all of my music (all the links here have been converted).

Reverbnation doesn't allow links to individual songs. Also, my Reverbnation is used for different purposes, so not really for random links on the 'net.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, January, 21, 2013 2:13 AM
Murdock.dat Wrote:www.putlocker.com . Don't know if that helps or not.

Sorry it's not a live link, cuz for some reason it throws in tron-sector as part of the address.

Add http:// before the www part of the address.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Traahn
User

on Monday, January, 21, 2013 9:19 AM
Kat Wrote:I think some folks I know have convinced me to use box.net; it does have a player and I think it'll mostly do what I want. So I'm slowly loading all of my music (all the links here have been converted).

May we listen to some of your music?

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Kat
User

on Monday, January, 21, 2013 2:32 PM
Traahn Wrote:
Kat Wrote:I think some folks I know have convinced me to use box.net; it does have a player and I think it'll mostly do what I want. So I'm slowly loading all of my music (all the links here have been converted).

May we listen to some your some of your music?

Like I said, some of it is posted here in some of my stories, which link back to my box.net account. But it's more there because I usually get into the music while I'm writing about it (or write about the music because I'm into it), so to interpret it myself makes sense, and it's just an exercise in hearing it in someone else's voice; also I always hope that whatever emotion I feel singing it comes across in the music and gives something to the listener. I'm not a good musician by any means, merely an enthusiastic one. I'm a hobbyist, not a professional or even an aspiring professional-- no one would ever pay me for what I do.

I usually only share with family and close friends because it's my equivalent of tacking my crayon drawings up on the fridge-- "this is what I did" and everybody pats me on the head and says "yes dear that's very nice." So-- really, don't expect anything good, 'cause I don't want to get flamed, and go easy on me, because trust me, I know what all of my musical flaws are, and I could make you a long list of what is wrong with each recording and what I could/should do to fix it (and I also do have access to vocal coaches). It's just for fun, and heartfelt, and relevant to whatever I'm writing about, and music and writing are my twin loves and I feel like my interpretation of the song in music is as relevant to what I did with it as my interpretation of it in writing, so I think they should both go together.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 Soundcloud alternatives?