TRON: UPRISING 
 Unresolved Plot Threads

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
KingJ.exe
User

Unresolved Plot Threads

on Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 10:13 AM
I thought it would be beneficial to see if we can list all the unresolved plot threads that Uprising has left after season 1. Hopefully, we get a Season 2 to resolve them and add more. Add ones I forget, and remember, massive spoiler warnings here, these came from the end of certain episodes.

Plot number 1: Pavel. He's still plotting, that's evident. What form will his plans take now that he's in charge of Purgos?

Plot number 2: The Weapon. It's now in Tessler's hands, where it was intended all along. What does that mean for our heroes?

Plot number 3: Paige. We know she's going to become a good guy. How? When? What will she do when she learns the truth about her past?

Plot number 4: The Stranger. He got away. What next?

Plot number 5: HOLY GRIDBUGS CLU BROUGHT THE ARMY! What can our ragtag band of revolutionaries do against THAT?

Any more?

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

Pilgrim1099
User

RE: Unresolved Plot Threads

on Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 10:20 AM
KingJ.exe Wrote:I thought it would be beneficial to see if we can list all the unresolved plot threads that Uprising has all of two episodes to resolve, if the show gets cancelled. Add ones I forget, and remember, massive spoiler warnings here, these came from the end of certain episodes.

Plot number 1: Pavel. He's still plotting, that's evident. What form will his plans take now that he's in charge of Purgos?

Plot number 2: The Weapon. It's now in Tessler's hands, where it was intended all along. What does that mean for our heroes?

Plot number 3: The Mega-Reco. What on the Grid is Dyson planning to do with that? Does CLU have anything to do with it?

Plot number 4: Paige. We know she's going to become a good guy. How? When? What will she do when she learns the truth about her past?

Plot number 5: The Stranger. This is set to be resolved in the next episode.

Plot number 6: Gorn. Will she turn? Will she get her face fixed?

Plot number 7: Cutler. When's he coming back with recruits for Beck? Or is he ever coming back? Is he just going to start uprisings elsewhere throughout the grid?

Plot number 8: Bartik and Hopper. When do they turn to the good side? We know they do from Legacy. How does THAT come about? We haven't really seen them since "The Reward", where Hopper was accused of being the Renegade.

Any more?

I can answer about The Weapon. That will probably be used unwillingly against The Stranger. It can't be in Tesler's hands forever.

On Paige, either she discovers it via Tesler's memory banks or someone else will provide evidence; most likely Beck.

Cutler. He might show up again to save Beck's a$$ in the last minute.

Mega-Reco. I have to raise this question of logic. Why in the hell would CLU want a top secret vehicle be built near Argon when he could've done so in Tron City? I think this vehicle would be the equivalent to a Super Fortress bomber plane, probably with wider scanning capabilities and shoot down Tesler's mother craft, in case they have an official spat.

/Charon
User

on Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 2:33 PM
I really hoped stuff would get resolved in these 19 episodes. At least the tron->rinzler thing.

But with 2 episodes left and more questions than answers, I fear they really wanted to indefinitely stretch this out instead of at least somehow ensure this season can stand on its own if they dont get to make more....

:Sabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

MyCoolYoungHistory
User

on Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 3:00 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:Plot number 4: Paige. We know she's going to become a good guy. How? When? What will she do when she learns the truth about her past?

On this one, and I've said this before, but I think that she has to turn in the final episode. It seems to me that having her be the first major addition to the resistance would fit perfectly into how they have set her up. Beck had a huge initiating factor for why he became the Renegade, the murder of his friend. Paige has this too...she just doesn't know it yet. Once she does, Beck has the experience to draw on that will allow him to relate to her, and hopefully bring her to his side.

Sso02V
User

on Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 5:21 PM
I would say "Rendezvous" was the resolution of the Gorn loose end. She was doing illegal stuff for Pavel, and he silenced her. I wouldn't expect to see or hear from her again.

on Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 9:01 PM
I just realized something and there may be a huge discrepancy (or not). Uprising takes place right around 1989 when Flynn got trapped and CLU started his occupying run. Now, the Uprising did NOT end and continued up until its mention in Legacy at the End of Line Club with Bartik.

So, the question is was Bartik the only survivor from Argon City while everyone in Uprising got derezzed? This is something to think about. And how long did the Uprising last? If this is the case, does it mean Beck is still alive in Argon with Paige?

And with Gorn's 'rictus' smile that keeps her silent, is this a foreshadowing of how Tron/Rinzler does'nt have the ability to talk except a few words and a purr?

I suspect the episode "Terminal" might be Flynn's arcade computer where our boy Sammy arrives, or the end of the Revolution. Something does'nt smell right, to be honest.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 9:06 PM
I just realized something and there may be a huge discrepancy (or not). Uprising takes place right around 1989 when Flynn got trapped and CLU started his occupying run. Now, the Uprising did NOT end and continued up until its mention in Legacy at the End of Line Club with Bartik.

So, the question is was Bartik the only survivor from Argon City while everyone in Uprising got derezzed? This is something to think about. And how long did the Uprising last? If this is the case, does it mean Beck is still alive in Argon with Paige?

And with Gorn's 'rictus' smile that keeps her silent, is this a foreshadowing of how Tron/Rinzler does'nt have the ability to talk except a few words and a purr?

I suspect the episode "Terminal" might be Flynn's arcade computer where our boy Sammy arrives, or the end of the Revolution. Something does'nt smell right, to be honest.

typicaltronname
User

on Tuesday, January, 15, 2013 11:15 PM
Although I knew this show wouldn't last long, I can't help but feel depressed at losing such a great animated series. Haven't seen one this good since the Batman Animated Series.

I wonder how Disney will cover the unresolved plots. Shame it was only one season

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Sagitta
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2013 3:52 AM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:Uprising takes place right around 1989 when Flynn got trapped and CLU started his occupying run. Now, the Uprising did NOT end and continued up until its mention in Legacy at the End of Line Club with Bartik.

Apparently the series takes place after Clu has just about the entire Grid under his tyrannical grip. I doubt something such as this would have happened overnight. Remember, around the time when Flynn had gotten trapped the ISO wars would have been in the beginning stages as well. From what we saw in "Scars" the betrayal also occurred originally in Tron City (I'm assuming, though I could be wrong) and that's quite aways from Argon. It was never actually stated when Tron arrived on the outlands of Argon either (seeing as how that was the last free city on the Grid before Tesler came to lay claim on it in the name of Clu2 within the first episode.)

I know there was a short story about Bartik rescuing Hopper that was released in a magazine shortly before Legacy came out. Don't know much of it only that it's where Bartik was scarred.

In Legacy Tron does actually speak two sentences. At the beginning he identifies Sam as "User". And near the end when he betrays Clu2 and aids Flynn & Co. in their escape he's heard stating "I fight for the Users." Granted, it's not his normal voice. But that could either be due to his helm...or some other type of damage. If Tron was fated with the "rictus smile" I doubt he would have been able to talk at all.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Pilgrim1099
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2013 9:54 AM
Sagitta Wrote:
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:Uprising takes place right around 1989 when Flynn got trapped and CLU started his occupying run. Now, the Uprising did NOT end and continued up until its mention in Legacy at the End of Line Club with Bartik.

Apparently the series takes place after Clu has just about the entire Grid under his tyrannical grip. I doubt something such as this would have happened overnight. Remember, around the time when Flynn had gotten trapped the ISO wars would have been in the beginning stages as well. From what we saw in "Scars" the betrayal also occurred originally in Tron City (I'm assuming, though I could be wrong) and that's quite aways from Argon. It was never actually stated when Tron arrived on the outlands of Argon either (seeing as how that was the last free city on the Grid before Tesler came to lay claim on it in the name of Clu2 within the first episode.)

I know there was a short story about Bartik rescuing Hopper that was released in a magazine shortly before Legacy came out. Don't know much of it only that it's where Bartik was scarred.

In Legacy Tron does actually speak two sentences. At the beginning he identifies Sam as "User". And near the end when he betrays Clu2 and aids Flynn & Co. in their escape he's heard stating "I fight for the Users." Granted, it's not his normal voice. But that could either be due to his helm...or some other type of damage. If Tron was fated with the "rictus smile" I doubt he would have been able to talk at all.

I understand all that, yes. However, the last time Flynn went into the server was in 1989 which is when he disappeared overnight, never to return to his house. I'll bet you that was the night when CLU finally pulled a 'coup' on him and Tron.

Now, Sam did'nt find his father until 20 years later. My point was that did Tron come across Beck a couple years AFTER Flynn's disappearance? Ten years? How much did time dilate between the first Renegade and up til Beck, or rather when Tron becomes Rinzler?

It's clear to me that the first Uprising with Cyrus failed. Then Beck came along and the Uprising seemed to have continued on until Legacy. Therefore, this tells me that CLU was never able to clamp down on it until Sam arrived.

So, we need to think about what happens to the Uprising once Clu re-integrated with Flynn that caused an explosion, a la MCP style. And if an MCP can be revived, so can Flynn/CLU.

Right now, at this point in Uprising, Flynn is probably still young and not growing a beard yet and Sam is still a kid. And Flynn talked about pushing CLU and they got pushed back harder. It sounds like Flynn was part of the Uprising as well.

It's really a question of at what point of the timeline of Uprising are we looking at? If I'm not mistaken, this has to be during 1989 or the early 1990s.

Look at Legacy. No mention of Tesler, Hopper, Paige, Pavel, Able, Dyson (especially him since he was CLU's prominent right hand man), and Beck.

The other big discrepancy I noticed in The Stranger is when Cyrus was imprisoned. Did you guys ever think about how got imprisoned in this manner? Tron could'nt leave his healing chamber that far away to do this as this would've taken extraordinary amounts of energy and effort to lock him away.

I suspect Flynn had a hand in it, BUT if that were the case in the Uprising show, this would hugely contradict Legacy as the 'coup' was the last time Flynn saw Tron alive. Either way, Tron had help locking this guy away. abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

anonymouspunk89
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2013 12:09 PM
Well I look at it like this, the reason Beck or most of the other Uprising characters weren't mentioned is because they weren't probably even thought of when they were writing the story for Legacy.
I honestly can't say when Uprising was being created so I can't say that with 100% certainty, but that's what is seems like for me.
It's like Star Wars the Force Unleashed, where we introduce a whole bunch of new characters that become integral (I guess is the right word) to the mythology, but they aren't mentioned in the later films at all. It doesn't mean that they're dead, because there's a couple of expanded universe tales that feature the TFU characters.

KingJ.exe
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2013 4:19 PM
anonymouspunk89 Wrote:Well I look at it like this, the reason Beck or most of the other Uprising characters weren't mentioned is because they weren't probably even thought of when they were writing the story for Legacy.
I honestly can't say when Uprising was being created so I can't say that with 100% certainty, but that's what is seems like for me.
It's like Star Wars the Force Unleashed, where we introduce a whole bunch of new characters that become integral (I guess is the right word) to the mythology, but they aren't mentioned in the later films at all. It doesn't mean that they're dead, because there's a couple of expanded universe tales that feature the TFU characters.

This. Or rather, the producers didn't want to interfere with Uprising (and vice versa, since they threw Uprising in a "far-off corner of the Grid"), so they purposefully didn't mention Beck, Tessler, Pavel, Paige, etc. Doesnt mean they're dead (Bartik was obviously alive and well), and doesn't mean we won't see them later.

Find the archive here:

Sagitta
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2013 11:37 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:My point was that did Tron come across Beck a couple years AFTER Flynn's disappearance? Ten years? How much did time dilate between the first Renegade and up til Beck, or rather when Tron becomes Rinzler?

It's clear to me that the first Uprising with Cyrus failed.

While there could have been a first Uprising with Cyrus at the helm as the "first renegade" it's not really implied whether or not he went beyond the training stages, Sure, Cyrus told Beck that he was the first chosen one to take up after Tron...but from the end of episodes "Identity" and how the storywriters linked Tron's words to Beck and placed them in the intro to "Stranger" gave strong indication Tron needed to put a stop to Cyrus before he could carry on his name and thereby tarnish it.

As for How Tron succeeded in doing so...Able strongly implied he very well knew all about Cyrus. Or...what he termed to Tron as: "...one of your mistakes."

KingJ.exe
User

on Tuesday, January, 22, 2013 12:15 PM
Updated with info from the most recent episode, and I removed the thread about Gorn, you guys convinced me that she was... "Collateral damage."

It looks like we still have the same amount of dangling threads. This better be one HECK of a finale.

Find the archive here:

1982program
User

on Wednesday, January, 23, 2013 8:06 PM
At least the most recent episode answered who helped imprison Cyrus. So, one plot point resolved....about 1000 to go.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Argent
User

on Wednesday, January, 23, 2013 11:44 PM
1982program Wrote:At least the most recent episode answered who helped imprison Cyrus. So, one plot point resolved....about 1000 to go.

I don't think we'll get answers to most of these in the finale. I've reconciled myself to that. At this point, I'm hoping that with the series just starting in Japan now, there'll be interest in bringing everyone back together for a feature-length animated movie finale that'll wrap everything up a la Firefly/Serenity.

KingJ.exe
User

on Tuesday, January, 29, 2013 10:47 PM
Hoooo Kay. That WAS one heck of a season finale. So I updated the list, and hopefully we'll get a second season to tie up the five left.

Find the archive here:

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 Unresolved Plot Threads