Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 Tron: Uprising-Beck's Beginning premire in UK.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
EXODUS
User

on Monday, August, 20, 2012 3:37 PM
This afternoon, I finally managed to see Beck's Beginning on the Disney X D channel. I was quite surprised by this, because I didn't know it was on-I only switched over just 5 minutes before it starts (and I actually GASPED when I saw it appear on 'coming next' screen ).

And I was absolutely AMAZED by it all!

When it comes to the visual look & cinematography of Legacy the producers have got the ‘look and feel’ of the movie SPOT ON, and have really HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD when it comes to recreating Tron’s unique digital world.
Not only that but they’ve even managed to EXPAND the Tron universe BUT still keep it within the ‘boundaries’ of the franchise-we’ve got new environments (the snow covered Artic! Brilliant idea), new vehicles (I loved that helicopter, not to mention ‘steam’ train, which I thought was cool ).
Even the music fits in with the soundtrack of Legacy.

The story was full of nice touches-Beck rescuing the trapped programs from a moving train (which then crashed), that Black Guard who sympathises with him & then helps him before getting derezzed by Tesla has a traitor (something I WASN’T expecting in the story, and a good plot twist).

Even the new characters are quite well conceived, especially Paige-even though she works for the ‘bad guys’ I cant help that, judging by the way she acts/reacts in some scenes I get the feeling that she might actually turn out to be something of a good guy in the end. (although I could be wrong).
I loved every minute of it, and has some people have pointed out on here this isn’t your archetypical kids action cartoon-this ones got BRAINS, with a rather INTELLIGENT script at it’s heart, and even though it’s on the Disney channel it’s clearly aimed at a slightly older audience then their usual kids shows.

In fact, I even watched all over again on the X D +1 (Which repeats everything on Disney X D an hour later).
There were a few things that I noticed that puzzled me (what’s with Tesla’s extendable hands? ), but apart from that I am so looking forward to when it begins in September.

(For those of you who missed it it is repeating NEXT MONDAY AT 4:30 PM, on Disney X D. )

EXODUS
User

RE: Tron: Uprising-Beck's Beginning premire in UK.

on Monday, September, 03, 2012 1:24 PM
This just in=

The first episode of Tron: Uprising (The Renegade) will be shown next MONDAY (10th September) at 4:30 pm Disney X D.

When I first heard that this afternoon I went "YES!"

EXODUS
User

on Monday, September, 17, 2012 5:41 AM
I managed to watch the second episode the other day (Renegade : Part 1), and I have to say this series really is turning out to be simply excellent.
Like I said, they have got the ambience of the Tron universe exactly spot on, and have done a good job fitting it all in with the rest of the franchise (Evolution, Legacy & Betrayal).

There were a lot of highlights about that episode, including:

* Introducing the Sirens to the series. Bringing them into Uprising really helps bridge the gap between Uprising and Legacy, and really connects the two together.
* Bringing back BIT! Really glad to see him (it?) brought back into the franchise, just exactly how he was in the original film.
* Able being the owner of a Encom Lightcycle. I loved that bit! Seeing the Encom Lightcycle razz up like that in his Garage was just so cool.

But I have to say that nightclub they go to was just awesome! Like The End of Line Club, I love the idea that there is a nightclub Programs can go to where they can drink at the bar or table and dance to techno music on the dance floor.
For me that is such a cool idea, and a great environment in the Tron universe.

I especially loved seeing Mara dancing there. Again, that was another great scene, her dancing on the dance floor like that.

The next episodes on this afternoon at 4:30pm, and from what I’ve seen so far I cant wait!
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

MuTron
User

on Tuesday, September, 18, 2012 8:07 PM
Bah, I missed the UK premiere and Renegade Pt.1 due to being out of the country

I've caught up on the prologue thanks to Disney Canada http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_GX6tcnU1k and have Renegade Pt.2 on PVR, just need to fill in the gap now!

EXODUS
User

on Saturday, October, 20, 2012 1:09 PM
Can someone please tell me what's happened to this series? :P

Every week they showed each episode in order, on Disney X D.

The last episode was 'Isolated' (When Beck & Paige got stuck on that island that was disintigrating).

That was TWO WEEKS AGO, and nothings been heard since! :-/

I know there are a couple of episodes after that, but I've checked the schedules for the last 2 weeks (and this coming week, thus making three weeks), but I cant find anything on Disney X D.

MuTron
User

on Saturday, October, 20, 2012 1:43 PM
EXODUS Wrote:Can someone please tell me what's happened to this series? :P

Every week they showed each episode in order, on Disney X D.

The last episode was 'Isolated' (When Beck & Paige got stuck on that island that was disintigrating).

That was TWO WEEKS AGO, and nothings been heard since! :-/

I know there are a couple of episodes after that, but I've checked the schedules for the last 2 weeks (and this coming week, thus making three weeks), but I cant find anything on Disney X D.

From what I understand, Disney is picking it up again in the new year once the remaining episodes have aired in the US.

The States are only about 3 eps ahead at the moment after a mid-season return.

edit:

in fact check out this Wiki page and see how erratic the US broadcast dates have been too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron:_Uprisingorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING