Interesting interviews about TRON: Uprising

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
HooDooMan
User

on Friday, July, 20, 2012 1:15 PM
http://cliqueclack.com/tv/2012/07/19/tron-uprising-sdcc-2012/

Very interesting tidbit about the scene with Quorra that was cut from TRON: Legacy and ended up becoming the basis for TRON: Uprising.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

deadphish
User

RE: Interesting interviews about TRON: Uprising

on Friday, July, 20, 2012 3:55 PM
Nice article. Confirming the 3rd film is in the works. This is getting better and better for Tron fans!

BanditTron
User

on Saturday, July, 21, 2012 2:10 PM
Very cool article indeed!
They are calling Tron: Legacy a huge success in the first sentence means they are looking past a general dollar amount and more on how Legacy affected pop culture(in 2011 everyone was attempting a Tron-look).
Also, the fact that production on Uprising started before the release of Legacy means Disney really believes in this franchise most likely due to the lasting appeal and fan base. They have the literal makings of something that could be their "Star Wars", in a sense.

I have really good feelings for the future of Tron and I'm glad I get to see it come about.

ISOlatedThinker
User

on Monday, July, 23, 2012 11:10 PM
BanditTron Wrote:Very cool article indeed!
They are calling Tron: Legacy a huge success in the first sentence means they are looking past a general dollar amount and more on how Legacy affected pop culture(in 2011 everyone was attempting a Tron-look).
Also, the fact that production on Uprising started before the release of Legacy means Disney really believes in this franchise most likely due to the lasting appeal and fan base. They have the literal makings of something that could be their "Star Wars", in a sense.

I have really good feelings for the future of Tron and I'm glad I get to see it come about.

You're right, TRON definately influenced pop-culture in a huge way.. Heck, people are still trying to pull off the TRON look today... Have you seen the concepts for the new "Modern" Test Track? It's undeniably The Grid!
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

spacedinosaurblue
User

on Friday, July, 27, 2012 1:17 PM
I'd said back when Legacy premiered that Tron fills one important role in Disney's catalog that they don't have: the mainstream science fiction adventure genre. Disney has plenty of properties in everything else, such as Pirates of The Caribbean filling the fantasy adventure niche. But they didn't have anything 'modern', anything connected to technology, computers, the internet, modern music and fashion. Tron, in updated Legacy form, is just the ticket.

So they'd be dang stupid to not take a look at the holistic big picture surrounding Legacy. Legacy put a new director on the map, it helped bring Daft Punk fully into the mainstream (and DP is even getting more film work). Uprising seems to be very popular and is succeeding in becoming a crossover animated show, where both teens and adults are tuning in - thanks in large part to Uprising being intelligent and well written, with adult dialog and characterization.

So yes. with all the other failures Disney has put out lately, all their poor bets, they need a winner.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING