Tron Related Dreams

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
EXODUS
User

RE: Tron Related Dreams

on Tuesday, November, 01, 2011 5:27 AM
AND ANOTHER ONE!

This time I was wearing one of the black Legacy suits & was with a group of three or four other programs, all of whom were also wearing black suits.
We were in the Legacy version of the Tron world (dark, but stylish), and we were standing on a VERY LONG but VERY NARROW BRIDGE above a very deep chasm.

Has we were standing on this big bridge, we were attacked by flying 'things' (I call them 'things' because I cant remember exactly what they looked like-I think they were like white balls of energy or something).
Has they were flying around us, we were trying to swot them with our Disks to avoid being hit by them.

J
User

on Sunday, November, 06, 2011 4:07 AM
NEVER fall asleep on the 2AM bus while reading the Betrayal comic. The end result was one corker of a nightmare.

Said nightmare, distilled into fanfic form, became "Obsidian".

For those not fanfic inclined? Well, try dreaming that you're sharing a neural link with "Rinzler," and he's just been handed a re-purposed Yori as a "prize." order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

trekking95
User

on Wednesday, February, 15, 2012 4:59 PM
I had one:
It was me watching a new trailer for the Avengers movie, and young Flynn and T:L Clu were in it! It had something to do with the Avengers needing them out of the Grid to fight Loki and gang.

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

Loctevus
User

on Wednesday, February, 15, 2012 5:26 PM
Okay Trekking, that's a cool dream.

Anything is possible, nothing is impossible, believe and see for yourself....

Kat
User

on Wednesday, February, 15, 2012 9:34 PM
Oh, good, I'm not the only one who manages to cross over movies. One of my recent ones-- thought I'd posted about it but maybe not-- involved me having to take Sam into the Grid for some reason (I can't remember why but it was really important), and I could get to the Grid using my mind and didn't need a laser... so I find him and tell him we need to go, and this chick who was apparently obsessed with him shows up out of nowhere and starts freaking out thinking I'm trying to steal him away from her (he was just like, wtf?), and I was like "dude, we're not running off to Vegas to get married; I just met the guy."

So I was trying to concentrate and get to the Grid but also get rid of her because there was no way in hell I was going to let her end up going too. Finally showed up and my coworkers were there (don't know why)... also the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz, who was trying to kill Sam, so I got up in his face (yeah, guy with an axe, good plan Kat) and told him he'd have to go through me first (how I got stuck on bodyguard detail I'll never know). But he did back off, so my coworkers arrested him and carted him off to jail in the back of a sweet convertible one of them had and... then I woke up.

Definitely one of the screwiest dreams I've had. I'm not 100% surprised it involved Tron. I'm not at all surprised it involved my coworkers because I have work-related dreams far too much. But the Tin Man? Really?

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

EXODUS
User

on Wednesday, April, 04, 2012 10:50 AM
Over the last few nights I've been on something of a small 'Tron-athon' which I do every now and again.
Basically, this involves watching the movies (and reading Betrayal) on consecutive nights.
So, on Sunday night I watched the original movie, then on Monday night I read Betrayal & last night I watched Legacy. (I like to do this in chronological order with regards to the overall timeline of the stories, and I will also include Uprising when that comes out on DVD has well).

Unfortunatly, this had an unexpected effect on me because when I went to sleep afterwards I still kept 'watching' the movie in my mind.
It was like being in one of those 3D IMAX cinemas, but without the seats or anyone else around. I just kept seeing all these IMAGES from the movie right in front of my eyes! :-o

I saw Sam driving Flynn's old Lighcycle into the City, but I was standing right next to him has he drove-I seemed to be 'flying' right next to him, pararell to his bike, but he couldn't see or hear me.

I also, at one point, seemed to be travelling down the streets of the City (just after Sam arrives but before he gets caught by the Recognizer).
After he comes out of the 'Arcade' he looks up & down the empty streets, and that was what I saw has well in front of my eyes.
I wasn't walking either-I seemed to be FLOATING down those streets instead. :-p

These were just some of the visions I had when I slept.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Riversong
User

on Wednesday, April, 04, 2012 7:13 PM
I had an odd T:L-esqe dream a while ago:

I was sneaking around in some kind of huge complex with several other Programs (it seemed a bit like the inside of the Rectifier, for some reason). Although there never was an explanation as to why we were there, it seemed like the general idea was to assassinate CLU, so off we went. I don't remember how exactly we reached the main room, but in any case, CLU must've known that we were coming, because he and Rinzler were waiting for us once we got there. As the doors opened, one of my allies threw their disk, but it missed. Rinzler sprang forward and derezzed most of the group; my dream-self tried to hide in a corner, but to no avail- I took a disk to the neck. The last thing I remember about the dream was CLU's distorted laugh...

I've definitely had more unusual dreams, but this one was creepier in the others in that it was at least somewhat realistic. By the way, do any of you guys die in your dreams very often...? I know that I do.

EXODUS
User

on Monday, April, 09, 2012 7:53 AM
The other night I dreamt that I owned an old garage out in the middle of the countryside.

It was a very big, very old garage made out of old stone with a tiled roof (the kind of architechture you'd see in European countries like France or Italy).

A man was there and he asked me to show him what I had. In the corner was a large cloth cover, and when I pulled it back there were two Legacy Lightcycles there-one blue, and one orange.

And we both got on them & went for a ride!

I think the reason for this is that, a while ago I saw a video of someone who had made there own life-sized Lightcycle (complete with lights) and was driving it around. I think it was based on that.
Also in my garage (under a cover) was the Lotus Esprite from the James Bond movie The Spy Who Loved Me (the one that turned into a submarine).

EXODUS
User

on Monday, May, 21, 2012 3:52 PM
I had another one last night. The problem is I don’t actually remember it.

All that I can remember is that I was standing on a beach, with high white cliffs. It was cloudy & grey, with a very gentle raining
The thing is I had lost something, and that thing was my 5” light up Clu action figure, the same one I had ordered off Amazon last year! I had lost it somewhere on the beach, and was looking hard for it.
Not only that, but for some reason my MOTHER was with me has well! She kept saying that she was tired & wanted to sit down for a rest, but I kept telling not to in case she sat down on my Clu action figure and broke it!
I couldn’t tell her I was looking for my figure in the sand, and so couldn’t understand why I got so frustrated with her wanting to sit down all the time.

I don’t really remember anything else…

Cubit
User

on Monday, June, 04, 2012 5:50 PM
Hi guys

Im a lucid dreamer and I had my first Tron related dream the other night.

It was just at the start of the uprising and I'd gone to a secluded area of the grid near the badlands to meat with Tron and Gibson. They had some info they needed me to relay to Kevin so was meeting them there. We had only just said our hello's and were tuning to the topic of info when about six or seven black guard dropped in on us. I remember very well the panic I felt at the thought of being derezed in the disc battle that ensued (there were a few close moments). It was a bit chaotic, but we came through. Tron handed me a small cool looking glowing box and said I needed to give it to Kevin as soon as I possibly could. I jumped on my bike (oddly it was a real world bike not a light cycle) and was halfway thougha tunnel when my youngest woke me up. I spent a day trying to re-draw the box, but I'm just not a good artist and couldn't make it look right. I still think about that box and the info it might of carried every now and again.

Right,...now I'm on the grid, how does this thing work?

http://www.thereplicapropforum.com/f13/tron-discography-project-list-now-full_on-making-prototypes-129323/

STELLAR(EMA).exe
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 2:13 PM
I had another one last night. (First in awhile!)

(excerpt from my dream journal) Dream 169
...I was living in a apartment. (Hey, my family and I are going to be moving to a apartment irl soon.) It was rather small but cozy - the wooden walls were rather nice and I liked the view from the windows. (It was overlooking a city.) I looked around - the kitchen had a crack in the wall. I looked into the crack - I could see into the apartment next door. The crack opened up into a window. I walked into the hallway outside my apartment and there were two entrances into two other apartments. There was a staircase. I walked down it and opened a door - another apartment. A family (a dad - two little girls) turned around and looked up at me. (I noted a Christmas tree.) I said sorry and closed the door. I walked back to my apartment. Neon (a friend of mine) was there. She started talking about a trans-dimensional portal she built. I told her that we should test it out to find the fractal universes we talked about. The world cut off from the doorway - everything outside of it was now a black void. We shrugged and jumped in. It was like a ocean. We swam past some purple fractal shapes but couldn't find anything else. We swam back to the doorway. I said we should try the Tron universe. She agreed and we jumped back in. This time it was not like a ocean - we were floating down instead. I fell through a huge structure of blue, hexagonal shapes. Some code passed by. We were then standing on solid ground. It did look like the Tron universe but the colors were darker. (ie There weren't as many neon lights.) I felt like something was wrong. A Program (red circuits) ran by. (Even though he had red circuits, I could tell that he wasn't really evil. He seemed to be escaping something/someone?) Neon ran after him. I walked around. I found a tunnel/bridge overlooking a city of circuitry and digital glass. A little while later, I saw Neon and the Program run by in a panic. I ran after them. Neon said that some other Program was chasing them and had some monsters with him. The Program glared at me and asked who I was. I said that I was a friend. We ran into a cathedral-like building. The evil Program came in. We all hid behind pillars. The evil Program did have some sort of giant, mechanical spider with him. (And a legion of police dogs.) The spider came over to my pillar. I yelled for Neon and the Program to run. They did. The evil Program captured me and put me in a hexagon shaped jail. (It was made of glass and overlooked the city.) He started questioning me. The POV switched to Yori (from the first Tron movie). Several guards were surrounding her. She was trying to ask about the existence of her world. The evil Program said that it didn't matter anymore. Yori was electrocuted - she fell into pieces of code. The POV switched again - this time to Tron (the character). Tron was tied into some tube contraption that splayed his arms and legs out. The evil Program was ranting on about something in some other language. (Computer language?) A needle came out of the wall and started going towards Tron's forehead. (Knowing Tron, he probably escaped. Wink) The POV switched back to me. I broke out of the jail when the guards weren't looking...

Kat
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 8:11 PM
Yeah, my luck. *I've* never had a dream about tying up Tron. Not that I haven't tried...

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

DawnStar
User

on Friday, March, 01, 2013 11:34 PM
I did have a dream of meeting Sam and Quorra in the real world, although I can't remember exactly what happened.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

If you want to change the world, you must first change yourself.

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Saturday, March, 02, 2013 1:12 PM
Can we designate one of these as an official thread for dreams of Tron? Seeing as there are currently three threads, it would be nice to just have one to refer to.

Speaking of dreams, this wasn't much of one, merely a glimpse - but a dream nevertheless:

I was walking down a street in an industrial area of a city. It was daytime, but it was sparsely occupied, with only the tall buildings all around me in shades of concrete, tan, and metal. I had something important to do, as I was wearing some form of synthetic jacket, and in one of it's pockets was a plastic sheath or envelope with documents I had to deliver.

There was a sort of round access hatch just at the side of one building, between some cargo loading bays and some side doors. It had a perfectly smooth surface, and didn't appear that it could be opened from the outside, but I knew that it was programmed to allow me entry once I approached. It would make my journey that much faster.

Opening on a heavy, geared hinge, it swung upwards, and there was a ladder leading down. I knelt to climb down the first few rungs, and then somehow I knew it would be safe to do so - so I let go and leapt straight down.

... But strangely, down became sideways, disorienting for a moment, and I found myself landing on a horizontal surface. It was dark, and seemingly in a long passage; it wasn't very spacious, about the size of a regular doorframe. It's material was some sort of strange, synthetic metalloid. It's surface had a very fine, linear grain, and emitted it's own very dim light.

Only far ahead was there a light glow, which I later found was some sort of ambient,luminous mist. As I was walking, I could hear the sound of music from a flute, a mysterious, sparse song of notes that reminded me of a solemn, unknown journey.

Eventually the tunnel gave way to a low, round, almost disc-like chamber - it's top was ringed with blue light, and it's base was, too, though it's floor was complex with cocentric ridges, or gear-like impressions. Only it's outer edge/wall had a series of fine green accents which constantly shifted, reminding me of vegetation; a living force, and somehow a window into the outside world.

Seated cross-legged in a pillar of light at the room's center was Tron, of Uprising, holding a transverse flute to his lips. He had his eyes closed, playing a last few notes of that haunting, hopeful song. He stopped and looked up at me, and I came closer to kneel by him.

Saying his name with gladness, I told him that I was surprised to find him here. At first he didn't say anything, but merely stared - and I could sense from him what this place was. It was some form of space between places, neither material nor entirely insubstantial. It was formed of information and ideas, like a crux or aether amid minds, facilitated by all the ways people transfer information, including digitally.

There was a glint in his eyes, maybe of peace, or some form of unknown intent. He had a slight smile, and said nothing. For a moment, I hesitated, then I put my hand on his shoulder, and asked him to come with me back to the outside world. Maybe he could help with our cause. (Heh, Tron himself emerging out of the universe, to aid in his own depiction and metaphysical life.)

He only blinked in response, and I could read a slight amusement from him. He continued watching me for a moment, but I knew he was also looking inwardly at and through that alien space surrounding him. "It is not my time, yet."

I lingered for just a moment, but I knew I still had my delivery of documents to see to. My hand was still on his shoulder, and I gave it a squeeze in a gesture of 'goodbye.' I left with a bit of a sad, understanding smile, and Tron continued resting, with his haunting flute music - or was it just as much him listening to that sea of information in that space?

Another long tunnel of that strange metal awaited, and finally ended in a door which opened straight into the marble halls of a conference building. The door was a part of the wall, swinging open, and then shutting entirely flush - vanished.

The place was entirely occupied by people passing on their daily business, and nobody seemed to notice the odd sight; it was as if I were invisible, until I'd finally been lost amid the crowd on my business.

That is all I remember.

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

EXODUS
User

on Tuesday, May, 19, 2015 8:15 AM
I had one last night (first time in AGES!):

I was walking along this street and I came across a Sci-Fi shop that sold TV/Film merchandise. It was very much like Forbidden Planet, filled with all manner of Sci-Fi and Fantasy memorabilia.

I went in and looked around, looking in particular for Tron stuff, and what I found was GREAT!

It was a toy model of one of the Light Tanks from Uprising! Like the Lightrunner it was big enough to actually fit a figure inside (which you lifted a hinged lid on the top of the turret, and a compartment to place the figure inside).

Not only that, but it came with a FREE LIMITED EDITION figure with it, which looked a bit like on of the Sentry figures from Legacy.
I immediately brought one!

Imagine how disappointed I was when I woke and realized that they didn't exist.  

Pulsewoman
User

on Friday, July, 17, 2015 8:25 AM

I at first thought I had nothing to contribute to this conversation, but then I remembered:  "Oh, yeah....THAT one..."

Okay, so, apparently the lesson here is "Don't play Tron 2.0 too late at night", 'cos towards the end of the night I had this bizzarre dream in which "I", as Jet Bradley (digitized), was hiding on an upper ledge of a Recognizer that wasn't currently being used, waiting for the guards to leave so I could sneak away or something.  (During my last play session, there had been a bit where I actually was in kind of a similar-looking setting.)
The next thing I knew I was _waking up_ still on that same ledge, and freaked out 'cos (a) I could've been captured and/or derezzed so easily, (b) how did I lose track of time like that, and (c) wait...programs can sleep?  Well, I guess if you can put your whole computer into "sleep mode"...

Anyway, I then got off the Recogniser and then suddenly _into the real world_, still as the program version of Jet, like it was no big, like, there wasn't even any transition or anything.  Then I felt like I had to...go somewhere, so I started walking down exactly my real-life street (well, the one I lived on at the time) and it all looked exactly as it does in real life EXCEPT...it was all _totally black_.  I somehow knew it was about 3:00 in the morning, but even then there'd be street lights, a few cars....nothing.  It was PITCH.  And totally deserted.  I mean, I had to use the light of _my own glow_ to avoid tripping over cracks in the sidewalk and such.  :P

Then, a few blocks from my house, I ran into...a party?  I dunno.  It was very weird.  There were people there in normal clothes, and characters including Donald Duck and Bugs Bunny for no apparent reason (not people in costumes, but _them_), and they had drawn a chalk hopscotch board on the sidwalk, and some of them were barbecuing, and some were playing cards, and everybody was being really quiet and nobody greeted me but nobody told me to go away.  It was like, if you were one of the lost souls who found your way to this gathering in the total dark, then good on ya. 
I was about to eat a hot dog given to me by Elmer Fudd, (probably not a good idea, as I was still a program) when I woke up.

WHAT.
THE PHRACK.
(dies laughing)

...Notorious

There are only two rules for success in life:

1. Never tell everything you know.

Lycanphoenix
User

on Tuesday, September, 01, 2015 1:19 AM
Late as hell to the party, but I had a dream where I was a user who was forcibly digitized as a child and raised believing I was a program; I was also on a system that was like a cross between the original movie (with vague 2.0 vibes) and Legacy. One morning, an infected ICP started chasing me, and I was getting beat up before I was thrown into an energy river which poured into a voxel-ish body of water similar to the sea of simulation. When I resurfaced after nearly drowning, I had one of those glowing ISO tattoos on my arm, and all of the sudden I had the TRON equivalent of elemental bending.

This dream happened a few years ago, and I never really had one like it again.

Lycanphoenix
User

on Tuesday, September, 01, 2015 1:19 AM
And I accidentally posted twice, because this phone is a piece of crap.

EXODUS
User

on Thursday, February, 25, 2016 4:15 PM
I had another one the other night (lucky me!).

It wasn't too strange. I dreamt that Flynn (or Sam) had informed the Encom company about the existance of the Digital World inside computors, and that the company had decided to go public about it.

However, the U.S Army, after the public announcement, quickly decided that the existance of this world could pose a major threat to the country.

So what do they do? They send a HUGE army of armoured vehicles and hundreds of armed troops to secure the Encom Tower!

There were dozens of armed vehicles (including tanks, trucks and APCs) out side the building surrounding it, whilst hundreds of armed troops stormed the the tower and took everyone inside (including all employees) hostage.

And the (unamed) Army Gerneral in charge was 'played' by Kate Mulgrew, who most of you will remember played Captain Kathlyn Janeway in Star Trek: Voyager!

Another thing that I learned was that there are many differant types of Digital Worlds inside the computors, each one having it's own unique style.

In the original film that world was made of brightly coloured geometric shapes, whereas in Legacy it was predomitly black and more stylish.

In my dream the world I saw (the one I actually remember) had a colour pallete consisting entirley of RED, ORANGE and YELLOW, which was very garish! :P

Ivy
User

on Sunday, February, 28, 2016 12:16 PM
Wow ! What a dream!

"The Grid A digital Frontier "
ONLYFREEDOM ISPERFECTION

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Tron Related Dreams