Other Games 
 Idea: "Welcome to 'Aperture Laboratories' program enrichment system"

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
Ram64
User

RE: Idea: "Welcome to 'Aperture Laboratories' program enrichment system"

on Friday, August, 26, 2011 4:35 PM
Tronzilla Wrote:I'm not worried about custom maps for Portal 2. I'm just worried about finding a way to talk to you guys. My family and I don't have one computer that can run the steam software, and we don't have the money to buy a new one. (old G4 mac) I'll try some more stuff with my PS3, but I can't promise anything. I'm really sorry guys I'm holding this whole thing up.

no no no! It's quite alright. We just need an alternative for the 3 of us to talk at the same time. I'm ok with AIM... kind of :lon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Tronzilla
User

on Friday, August, 26, 2011 8:47 PM
How about the Tron Sector live chat? Does that work on your guys's computers?

Tron, Back to the Future, Clockstoppers, Bionicle, Wallace and Gromit,
It's All Good
O o
/¯/___________________________
| IM'MA FIRIN' MY PRANKSTAR!!!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Ram64
User

on Friday, August, 26, 2011 10:46 PM
Tronzilla Wrote:How about the Tron Sector live chat? Does that work on your guys's computers?

I've... uh.... actually never heard of it.... l:

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, August, 26, 2011 11:00 PM
Tronzilla Wrote:How about the Tron Sector live chat? Does that work on your guys's computers?

That's actually a pretty good idea. Though if any of us went in-game to test the map, we'd be unable to see what anyone is saying (unless we played the game windowed).

Ram64 Wrote:I've... uh.... actually never heard of it.... l:

Over in the column to the left, under Community, click Live Chat. See if it works.

Also, I just had a great idea: How about the map takes place inside the Encom system, with the MCP instead of GLaDOS?

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Ram64
User

on Friday, August, 26, 2011 11:19 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:Also, I just had a great idea: How about the map takes place inside the Encom system, with the MCP instead of GLaDOS?

I don't think we should recycle the MCP. It seems like a good idea, I know, but we should try and do something our own. (also I think we're using the Legacy art style, but I can't be sure)

and by the way, if you want in-game chat, download X-fire. It works like a charm.

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, August, 27, 2011 1:02 AM
Ram64 Wrote:
TRON.dll Wrote:Also, I just had a great idea: How about the map takes place inside the Encom system, with the MCP instead of GLaDOS?

I don't think we should recycle the MCP. It seems like a good idea, I know, but we should try and do something our own. (also I think we're using the Legacy art style, but I can't be sure)

and by the way, if you want in-game chat, download X-fire. It works like a charm.

If we want it to be canon, we could say that Flynn was experimenting with teleportation within The Grid, and re-purposed the MCP for the same reason Aperture created GLaDOS.

Forgot about X-Fire. I downloaded it a VERY long time ago, but almost instantly forgot about it and never touched it again, lol.

The Tron-Sector live chat should work fine, as long as we don't run into a group of people roleplaying or whatever. X-Fire might be a nice alternative, in that case.

Quick question: Does the PS3 version of Steam let you type with a USB keyboard?

On a related note, I just found my notes for my Half-Life 2 Deathmatch Disc Wars map and realized I stopped working on it right before I finished it. I might try to finish that first as sort of a refresher course in Hammer (since I haven't used it in forever).

PSN - TRON-dll

Tronzilla
User

on Saturday, August, 27, 2011 11:33 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:
Ram64 Wrote:

If we want it to be canon, we could say that Flynn was experimenting with teleportation within The Grid, and re-purposed the MCP for the same reason Aperture created GLaDOS.

Forgot about X-Fire. I downloaded it a VERY long time ago, but almost instantly forgot about it and never touched it again, lol.

The Tron-Sector live chat should work fine, as long as we don't run into a group of people roleplaying or whatever. X-Fire might be a nice alternative, in that case.

Quick question: Does the PS3 version of Steam let you type with a USB keyboard?

On a related note, I just found my notes for my Half-Life 2 Deathmatch Disc Wars map and realized I stopped working on it right before I finished it. I might try to finish that first as sort of a refresher course in Hammer (since I haven't used it in forever).
I thought we'd established that the villian was a User. <:/

It's All Good
O o

Ram64
User

on Saturday, August, 27, 2011 12:38 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:If we want it to be canon, we could say that Flynn was experimenting with teleportation within The Grid, and re-purposed the MCP for the same reason Aperture created GLaDOS.

bringing back the MCP is not something Kevin Flynn would consider doing... That's suicide, man!

TRON.dll Wrote:The Tron-Sector live chat should work fine, as long as we don't run into a group of people roleplaying or whatever. X-Fire might be a nice alternative, in that case.

hmm.... not sure about the live chat much. I still think we should use X-fire, or, possibly both.

TRON.dll Wrote:On a related note, I just found my notes for my Half-Life 2 Deathmatch Disc Wars map and realized I stopped working on it right before I finished it. I might try to finish that first as sort of a refresher course in Hammer (since I haven't used it in forever).

That's GREAT!

Ram64
User

on Sunday, August, 28, 2011 7:53 PM
in hindsight, live chat is so inactive we could probably use it. :/

Tronzilla
User

on Tuesday, August, 30, 2011 9:56 PM
If we want to try and use live chat, we might want to set a date to meet. I'm good all day Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday this week.

It's All Good
O o

Ram64
User

on Tuesday, August, 30, 2011 10:30 PM
Sounds good. Saturday would be best because I don't have to do anything that day. any times that would be best?

Tronzilla
User

on Tuesday, August, 30, 2011 10:36 PM
Sounds good. I'll be on at 12:00 pm Mountain daylight time. I'll let TRON.dll know.

It's All Good
O o

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, August, 30, 2011 11:24 PM
Tronzilla Wrote:Sounds good. I'll be on at 12:00 pm Mountain daylight time. I'll let TRON.dll know.

Got it. Also, are any of you "fctbarnes" on Steam?

PSN - TRON-dll

Ram64
User

on Wednesday, August, 31, 2011 3:42 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
Tronzilla Wrote:Sounds good. I'll be on at 12:00 pm Mountain daylight time. I'll let TRON.dll know.

"fctbarnes" on Steam?

Yes yes, that's me, hello!
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Ram64
User

on Monday, September, 05, 2011 12:10 AM
Alright, there's a guy on deviantart who wants to help. Upon request, I sent him the story we worked out so far. This is the exact message I sent him:

"Okay... this could get messy.

You play as a program named... Dammit, I forgot. You have just been created to run through "The Program Routing Engine" With your "Subroutine" both of which made by your user. (ideas above pending) You go through each chamber, defying de-resolution, and defeating Grid Bugs (in place of turrets) during one chamber, your user leaves for a bit. during this time, another program (gender pending) appears and tells you (generally) that things are not all as they seem... and he hints that there is some illegal hacking going on. User comes back, and realizes that the program had just been talking to you, he tries to play it off like it's nothing, but he acts suspicious. Later, he tries to kill you (like in portal) and friend program appears through a wall panel to help. You portal where he is, and after some shock from your user, friend program explains. He is using the (insert here) and you to hack computers. You need to go in, and collect the history files of him doing so. Then he will help you send them to his user, who will help from there. After going through the big stuff and getting the history files for proof, you enter the I.O Tower (as seen in the first tron) Friend program appears and tells you that he has established connection with his user. You try to go in the middle to deliver the files, but a new, evil program (the boss) appears, created by your user. you fight it, and deliver the files, your evil user is defeated, good user gets files to report him, and all is well. A mysterious door opens, revealing a swirling blue digital vortex. friend program goes in. He is heading back to his system, and he welcomes you to come with him. you step forward into the bright blue unknown, flash of bright light.... CREDITS. (please ignore bad grammar and give some criteria, and ideas. (this is a very rough telling) we are open to change anything."

PixelatedProgram
User

on Tuesday, May, 08, 2012 8:07 PM
All this mod talk is making me drool everywhere. I live for both portal and Tron, so this is epic. I can't decide which idea I like the most, but let's hope someone actually gets to do this mod.

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games 
 Idea: "Welcome to 'Aperture Laboratories' program enrichment system"