General Discussion 
 Tron Cameos

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
peppymiint
User

RE: Tron Cameos

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 10:35 PM
i don't know if this counts, but in an online community i go to called gaiaonline, the item creators who created items for the avatars actually created a tron-inspired-looking-ish called the neon simulator.

i can't get the original item pictures because the site that has it is renovating, but i'll try to get it soon!
and the item description: Warning! incoming game. All Simulators to the arena, prepare to battle!

plus, the doll item which comes with the item is called ram.

IsoLine
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 10:37 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:From Epic Mickey:

Petetronic!

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

IsoLine
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 10:47 PM
2 old TV shows mentioned TRON back in the 80's

An episode of disneys old show "Hard Times On Planet Earth" had the main character roaming around Disneyland and doing some action scenes of the once named TRON tunnel on the people mover.

And an episode of "Facts of Life" involved a spoiled rich girl that scammed the leads and it was mentioned that she had a portable TRON machine.....I'm assuming they meant the Tomytronic TRON electronic game.

Also lets not forget the television show "Automan" which was an offshoot of TRON and produced by one of TRON's producers Donald Kushner.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

IsoLine
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 10:42 PM
I can't remember the name of the comedy special but Dennis Miller was doing standup and referred to Al Gore's vision of the internet as being "based off his favorite movie TRON".where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

EXODUS
User

on Monday, January, 24, 2011 2:56 PM
First of all, can I just say how surprised I am that theres been SO MANY Tron referances in various other shows/movies over the years. It's much more popular then I thought!

Secondly, I'm surprised no ones mentioned The Simpsons.

In a memorable Tree House of Horror episode (called Homer3), Homer enters a pararell dimension that looks very much like the (old) Grid, and becomes a 3D Computer graphic.
And at one point, he even asks his family (in the real world) "Has anyone ever seen the movie Tron?" and everyone says "No!" (apart from Chief Wiggum, who says "Yes....I mean no!").

Just thought I'd mention it.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

D-Rezzer
User

on Tuesday, January, 25, 2011 9:39 AM
There are many south park references to TRON.
30 Rock had a TRON reference too.
Chuck has a TRON poster.

Here's a list of some more:
http://www.ugo.com/movies/trons-pop-culture-legacy

recognizerpilot
User

on Friday, January, 28, 2011 12:39 AM
Sort of an oblique cameo - watching an ep of American Dad! and Stan is attempting to live his childhood with Steve and his friends. They go to an arcade, cunningly named "ARCADE", and behind Stan is a blue arcade machine with a grid pattern on it, an orange sci-fi looking car and the name KRON in very familiar type!!! So sorry but I don't know the name of the episode, but still. KRON lives lol!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Zac in NZ

Subject1138
User

on Friday, January, 28, 2011 10:18 PM
EXODUS Wrote:In a memorable Tree House of Horror episode (called Homer3), Homer enters a pararell dimension that looks very much like the (old) Grid, and becomes a 3D Computer graphic.
And at one point, he even asks his family (in the real world) "Has anyone ever seen the movie Tron?" and everyone says "No!" (apart from Chief Wiggum, who says "Yes....I mean no!").

I can't believe it took this long for someone to mention this!

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, September, 18, 2011 2:46 PM
Reviving this thread now:

The game Magicka just recently updated with a collection of new in-game "robes" (costumes your character wears that grant them special attacks/abilities). Among the new robes are the Cyber Robes, as described in-game:

Cyber Robe:

"I tried to picture clusters of elements as they moved through the void. What did they look like? Fire, Water, Arcane? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day..."

-from The Magick Grid, written by Grimnir

For people who play the game, the robes allow you to absorb lightning, but they also make you weak against water. Wearing the robes starts you off with the Cyber Disc weapon, which is a Tron Legacy identity disc.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

tomorowlandude
User

on Sunday, September, 18, 2011 4:51 PM
Alan1 Wrote:Hugh, lingering TRON cameo in Race to Witch Mtn. Vegas scene. The camera lingers on a convention attendee for 10 seconds. Anyone get a screen shot?

I knew I wasn't crazy when I started poking my friend crazily saying TRON SUIT!

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, September, 19, 2011 12:22 AM

Image of the Cyber Robes icon on the robe selection screen. (from Magicka)

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Alan1
User

on Thursday, September, 22, 2011 10:58 PM
Children's Hospital
Tron @ :39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LMHqH48VPE

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

EXODUS
User

on Monday, September, 26, 2011 12:03 PM
Mr. Sinistar Wrote:My website Tron Wiki is trying to keep up with all the cameos and pop culture references so if you can add more details or images to Tron Wiki, I would appreciate it.

Right now, I got images for South Park references:

Family Guy:

and Dexter's Lab:

I have Hocus Pocus on an really old VHS tape so maybe I can grab a screenshot from that and I can keep my out for that Foster's Home episode.

I Saw that episode of Family Guy last night!

It's from series 3, in an episode called "One for the clam, two for the sea" (or something like that), and it was about their drinking tavern being taken over by an English man who wants to turn it into an English Pub (has an Englishman I found that particular brand of stereotyping hilarious! ).
To be honest I DIDN'T KNOW that sequance was on that particular episode, and when it POPPED UP I went "YYYEEEAAHHH!"

I liked it so much that, when it finished, I immediatly rewound it & watched that part again.

MasterTron2000
User

on Saturday, March, 25, 2017 2:48 PM
can you tell me what picture of this tron outfit is from?

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Tron Cameos