TRON: LEGACY 
 A Question Regarding Clu

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
Hansalfaone
User

Re: A Question Regarding Clu

on Sunday, August, 30, 2009 12:20 PM
Not to derail the thread...but does anyone else admire the "manly" scream that Clu lets out when he realizes his tank is going to smash into the wall?

tron_man_63304
User

on Sunday, August, 30, 2009 1:21 PM
FusionAddict Wrote:I think everyone needs to keep in mind that the CC reel is exactly that...a REEL. And it may have little to do with the plot of the film itself. Indeed, that sequence may not even appear in the film. So it's far too early to speculate as to what this that or the other means.

i agree, i think its just to show off the new LC personaly and, is intended to live up to its name as a "teaser".order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Back by Unpopular Demand.

doctorclu
User

on Wednesday, August, 04, 2010 8:58 PM
Hansalfaone Wrote:Not to derail the thread...but does anyone else admire the "manly" scream that Clu lets out when he realizes his tank is going to smash into the wall?

My wife and I were just joking about this. I tried to imitate the screen he did but was unlikely. On another message they talk about how the current Clu in the recent trailors sounds like a badass and not like the 1982 Starman voice, which just cracked us up over here.

Anyway, I was looking for a thread talking specifically about Clu before I started a new one, so I will continue this one.
-----------------------------------------------------------
SOOO... now we know that Clu is the VILLIAN of the movie. How does that make you feel?
-----------------------------------------------------------
As someone that has gone by the name "Clu" on BBS's throughout the 80's and 90's and then in a live action role play game through the 90's and 00's to current, I have to say, "interesting".

I took the name in 1984 when people were going by aliases on BBS's to protect my identity in a cyber world of hackers. And because aliases were cool.

I thought Clu in TRON looked cool, and being that he only lasted 5 minutes in TRON, I figured no one else would use the name. I was incredibly right as a my 12 year old self because aside from MUDD based on the TRON world in 1996, I never saw anyone that used the Clu name till I found the TRON-SECTOR.

The fact that others used the CLU name does not surprise me. He was cool, had a TANK, had Bit, and was defiant to the end.

When Clu turns back up on TRON Legacy, I was also not surprised. I had figured that when the MCP was destroyed all the the captured code would have been released at least somewhat, or could have been recovered at that point.

The fact that Clu is the bad guy? Makes for a good continuation from the first movie. Clu is a 5 minute character in the first movie, and gets the whole next movie to flesh him out more. Cool.

Speaking in another way, to me this is almost symbolic of growth and self discovery. in 1980 Clu was the obedient child ready to do whatever was asked, even die for his user or later "father". He almost talked like a robot back then he was so new and barely knew himself. Hey, sounds like me at age 12!

Now 30 years later Clu has grown, learned, and is calling his own shots. He has truly evolved. He knows what he wants for his world around him, and what it will take to make that happen. Also sounds like me.

He went from a great sluth and warrior jetting down the back corridors to find scraps of code to jetting down the corridors of his world to maintain control while he stands supreme. Different purposes, but in a way, I'm glad to see the character developed.

What I sense most is innocence lost for Clu from one movie to the next.. the cost of rising to what you are needed to be, and maybe a little more lost with the way the chose to go about it.

I like to hold on to the version of Clu jetting down corridors with Bit while my life calls needs me to be more. Maybe that is why I still call BBS's. My computer was always "My tank", my term program always being basically my navigator or "Bit"

I wonder if Clu in this coming movie misses the days back in the tank? No?

Perhaps that is what seperates me from him.

--

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, August, 04, 2010 9:07 PM
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.. and I'm not talking about corruption of code.

You will find many of the truths these characters cling to (both antagonist and protagonist) depend greatly on their point of view..

I think that in Clu 2.0's point of view.. he's doing what he thinks is "right" but doesn't mean he neccessarily is... and you'll see that the ends of his goals don't really justify his means he uses to accomplish those goals.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

xalener
User

on Wednesday, August, 04, 2010 10:06 PM
FusionAddict Wrote:1) No sensible programmer doesn't back-up his code.

2) The MCP wanted to incorporate other programs into its system, so who is to say that when the MCP wasn't taken down that the absorbed code wasn't then released?
Sooo.... Dumont is still around? And is also a bad guy?

lol.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Alan: I was paged last night. Came from your dad's arcade
sam: So?
Alan: the number's been disconnected for 20 years!
Sam: THEN WHO WAS PAGER

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, August, 04, 2010 11:26 PM
*facepalms*

No, Dumont isn't around and won't be as his actor has passed on years ago.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

TronGate
User

on Wednesday, August, 04, 2010 11:51 PM
xalener Wrote:
FusionAddict Wrote:1) No sensible programmer doesn't back-up his code.

2) The MCP wanted to incorporate other programs into its system, so who is to say that when the MCP wasn't taken down that the absorbed code wasn't then released?
Sooo.... Dumont is still around? And is also a bad guy?

lol.

How did Dumont get into this?

Anyways, I can't wait to see more of Clu 2.0, because it is the 35 year old Jeff Bridges.... it will be interesting how they did the CGI for that. It was great in the trailer.

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 A Question Regarding Clu