Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Map Ideas

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TRON.dll
User

Map Ideas

on Monday, June, 15, 2009 8:20 PM
A while ago, there was a thread over at LDSO like this.

I've noticed a lack of new maps or "I'm working on a new map!" announcements lately. The purpose of this thread is to come up with cool ideas for TRON 2.0 maps or TRON-related maps for other games.

So here's my idea for a TRON 2.0 map:

A derez map where all players are on top of a recognizer as it's flying through a corridor. Falling off kills you, obviously. You can also get inside the recognizer's command deck, where there's a button that causes something to happen that would make the game harder for players topside. Topside of the recognizer should have some cover points as well.

Alternatively, a similar map for Team Fortress 2 could be made, preferably in Arena mode, where the control point is in the command deck.

I just think it would be cool to be fighting on top of a recognizer that's speeding down a corridor.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Daddyo
User

Re: Map Ideas

on Monday, June, 15, 2009 8:48 PM
Can you make spawn points that move? It seemed from my tiny amount of experience that they were fixed points in space. But maybe you could have a spawn platform in space where people would jump onto the recognizer that is flying around & returning. I'd make an extra large recognizer, don't think the stock ones you find in maps are big enough eh?

I wonder how well player motion is done if the platform their on is moving/keyframed. Some games it's terribly jerky or slippery feeling. Would be fun to fly around though in one.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Jademz
User

on Monday, June, 15, 2009 9:04 PM
I'm just guessing that's possible since there are some maps that rotate. it sounds like fun, I think there should be some element of the map that has two recognizers battling for unlockable areas. The doors open and AI squads attack to defend a carrier below, then after a firewall knocks the offending team off the reco, your team can beam down to the carrier.

I could think this stuff up all day, sounds like you're up for it.. hehe.

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, June, 15, 2009 10:08 PM
Jademz Wrote:I'm just guessing that's possible since there are some maps that rotate. it sounds like fun, I think there should be some element of the map that has two recognizers battling for unlockable areas. The doors open and AI squads attack to defend a carrier below, then after a firewall knocks the offending team off the reco, your team can beam down to the carrier.

I could think this stuff up all day, sounds like you're up for it.. hehe.

I remember in the LDSO conversation, we kinda swerved into how large amounts of AI in multiplayer maps isn't possible or something. Something to do with the game engine.

PSN - TRON-dll

Jademz
User

on Monday, June, 15, 2009 10:15 PM
Yeah I recall the number was like 7's ok 10's starting to get iffy or something.. Infact I remember it was daddyo who said that.. off the top of my head. I'm sure he knows something about that.

I don't recall the fine details, but in this case whatever that number is would be fine. I wasn't referring to a legion or multiple consecutive spawns.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, June, 16, 2009 2:19 AM
I just got the Source SDK to finally work, so yey for me.

I might be able to take some suggestions for TRON-based maps for:

Half Life 2
Ep1
Ep2
Team Fortress 2
Counter Strike: Source
Left 4 Dead
Garry's Mod
Half Life 2 - Deathmatch
Portal

Left 4 Dead is a big maybe at the moment. For the time I'll probably stick to Counter Strike: Source or HL2DM, maybe try to get into TF2. Left 4 Dead isn't that high on my to-do list. A friend of mine wants me to make my high school as an Arena map or L4D Campaign, lol.

I might try to do my idea I mentioned above, using methods used to make the map "ctf_convoy"/"cp_convoy".where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

PSN - TRON-dll

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Map Ideas