TRON: LEGACY 
 Hiding Spoilers!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

Hiding Spoilers!

on Thursday, April, 23, 2009 10:05 AM
Here's how you can hid spoilers on Tron-Sector.

Type in:

[ quote]Spoiler text here[ /quote]
Just be sure to remove the spaces inside the tags!!

TR2N HAS JEFF BRIDGES IN IT!!!@#414

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

Traahn
User

Re: Hiding Spoilers!

on Thursday, April, 23, 2009 3:59 PM
Hate to be so anti-spoiler , but that's not simple enough. Typing the [ quote ] and [ url ] tags is bad enough as it is. Wasting time and energy typing all that or copying & pasting it for spoiler tags doesn't sound fun Sorry!!! Not a good taker here... I might do it on occasion, but probably not regular. I might even be less inclined to post, in general, if that's required and I may not be alone in that sentiment...

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, April, 23, 2009 4:37 PM
Well, if there's a link to this thread up next to the digicons link, then you can easily open this page up in a new tab, copypaste the code, and you're set!

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Traahn
User

on Thursday, April, 23, 2009 4:42 PM
You're quite the optimist, TRON.dll where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, April, 23, 2009 4:44 PM

Traahn Wrote:Hate to be so anti-spoiler , but that's not simple enough.
It's the best we can do, for now. Auric is the only one who can make the kinds of changes you guys are requesting. Adding a new spoiler tag requires some re-coding of the forum.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is: if you want a simple spoiler tag, bug Auric about it! Send him a PM or post in the Site Issues topic.

I've already sent a message to Auric about spoilers, but haven't heard back yet. If you guys make some noise too, it will help get his attention.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

lurkinghorror
User

on Thursday, April, 23, 2009 6:54 PM
I think the real issue is keeping spoilers limited to spoiler specific threads, and keeping specifics off the main page.

If you go to the Tr2n discussion thread, you know you've entered a land mine. But if someone posts a new thread titled "Flynn dies!!!" and it shows up on the sidebar, we have a problem.

What I think we need is a basic spoiler guideline included as a sticky post at the top of the forums, and a short news post asking people to be considerate with spoilers. And while I would encourage the use of hidden text, it's more out of reinforcing the need for discretion than anything else. Again, you walk into an obvious landmine, you get what you deserve.

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, April, 23, 2009 7:26 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Traahn Wrote:Hate to be so anti-spoiler , but that's not simple enough.
It's the best we can do, for now. Auric is the only one who can make the kinds of changes you guys are requesting. Adding a new spoiler tag requires some re-coding of the forum.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is: if you want a simple spoiler tag, bug Auric about it! Send him a PM or post in the Site Issues topic.

I've already sent a message to Auric about spoilers, but haven't heard back yet. If you guys make some noise too, it will help get his attention.

I think my idea may actually be a little bit simpler than adding a spoiler tag. If it's not complicated enough, here's an alternative: A button on the post screens (create new topic, reply, edit, etc.) that copies the spoiler code to your clipboard, so that you may gently paste it down into your post.

Even moar convenient! YEY!

PSN - TRON-dll

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, June, 20, 2009 2:05 AM
Why isn't this stickied....

PSN - TRON-dll

xalener
User

on Saturday, June, 20, 2009 7:53 PM
This is 2009...Shouldn't we have...uh....

...buttons for this?

Alan: I was paged last night. Came from your dad's arcade
sam: So?
Alan: the number's been disconnected for 20 years!
Sam: THEN WHO WAS PAGER

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Hiding Spoilers!