TR2N plot / Flynn

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
TRON.dll
User

Re: TR2N plot / Flynn

on Sunday, August, 03, 2008 10:24 AM
Esotek Wrote:
Tron Fanatic Wrote:Programs entering the real world?

Wow... I just... can't even imagine how messed up that would be.

That'd all seem to be countrary to Flynn's original destiny in Tron though wouldn't it? He came to help Tron destroy the MCP so that Programs could restore contact with the Users, and now he shows up to lead the Programs in a revolt against them?

You don't have to imagine. It was called Automan.

That is messed up...
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Tr2ff
User

on Tuesday, August, 05, 2008 7:23 PM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:Programs entering the real world?

Wow... I just... can't even imagine how messed up that would be.

They did it in Automan
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"You won, ok? IT'S JUST A GAME!"
"Not anymore."

digideus
User

on Tuesday, August, 05, 2008 8:38 PM
Do you think the blue player in the concept reel was a User?

I think that hearing him say "its just a game!" is the sort of thing a User would say, whereas Clu2 is a program who is obviously written by Flynn. We know it isnt him playing from the scene in the video where he is meditating and disturbed by something outside his window (not the lightcycle game, as I dont believe he is inside the computer).

Anyone else got an opinion on that?abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Jademz
User

on Tuesday, August, 05, 2008 9:25 PM
digideus Wroteo you think the blue player in the concept reel was a User?

I think that hearing him say "its just a game!" is the sort of thing a User would say, whereas Clu2 is a program who is obviously written by Flynn. We know it isnt him playing from the scene in the video where he is meditating and disturbed by something outside his window (not the lightcycle game, as I dont believe he is inside the computer).

Anyone else got an opinion on that?

Blue guy could be either User, or his program. The shriek by the blue guy is part of making the grid as realistic as possible. The green guy is equally associated, in a different role.

VRAM
User

on Wednesday, August, 06, 2008 3:49 PM
digideus Wrote:...

... We know it isnt him playing from the scene in the video where he is meditating and disturbed by something outside his window (not the lightcycle game, as I dont believe he is inside the computer).

Anyone else got an opinion on that?

Although I agree he's NOT inside the "computer world", he decides to watch what's happening inside directly in this state-of-the-art, next-gen kind of interface and NOT quite outside his "window"...

You need to check out the COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL TRON TIMELINE!
Meanwhile in the real world... the controller feeds the shift clock to the VRAM's video port. Each shift clock pulse causes the VRAM to deliver the next datum, in strict address order, from the shift-register to the video port... Next frame-buffer data: Who created users?

Zenith
User

on Wednesday, August, 06, 2008 8:21 PM
I find the fact that Flynn is looking down on the system from within a mountain fairly interesting. In a variety of religions, mountains are linked to deities in some way. Mount Olympus was the abode of the ancient Greek pantheon, where they manipulated and played games with the lives of mortals Has anyone thought that Flynn may be having some sort of dream or vision (LOL, or a nightmare!). Maybe he's had an accident or someone has tried to assassinate him (corporate espionage?) and he's seeing this while linked to the hospital computer systems? That's ignoring the possibility that it IS just proof-of-concept I don't particularly like the idea that Flynn could be stuck in a mountain for the entire movie

>> 10 rem *CONFORM*
>> 20 goto 10

>> "...and I'm outta the loop"

VorMaeN
User

on Saturday, August, 23, 2008 3:41 PM
Here's my two bits on Flynn's role in Tr2n. His diconnection from the actual world below him tells me he's there but not in a physical sense. Imagine Flynn trapped in a VR suit, possibly by others to take advantage of his God-like status to the programs. Hence his appearance looking realworldy. It's obvious something is perplexing Flynn in the shots, but again this is just a proof of concept. I would think that in an actual finished Tron film the program designs would be more...detailed. I like the idea of real bodies with greenscreen treatment but holographic type heads, that was sick.

As for Clu, one must remember that only old obsolete programs look aged. If the old TRON program still lived today it would look like Bruce Boxleitner does now. A newly written TRON program would exhibit Bruce's younger looks, with new code outfit to match the complexity of today's programs. This Clu is a recent addition, considering his young appearance and suit design.

I still think we may get a taste of the old costumes and disks, from programs that have gone on long after their prime.

I must say this is all exciting to me. Tron hit me hard when I was a kid, and I have never been the same since. Let's cross our fingers for more updates soon.

End of Line.

Jademz
User

on Saturday, August, 23, 2008 4:26 PM
There are plots mentioned in the past, if I recall correctly, Steven Lisberger stated that he wanted to integrate a search engine as part of the plot.
I wonder if he's followed through with the idea. Perhaps that's what Flynns program is doing in that room, perhaps his meditation is in hope for what's about to take place. Then get's startled with the sound of an explosion.

It's possible Flynn/Clu may have witnessed a new policing of the programs in that sequence, and lines were just crossed.
Perhaps the two programs are the same, one took over the other, and/or was had to eliminate the old program. I love to guess.. hehe

RenegadeProgram
User

on Tuesday, September, 09, 2008 9:59 PM
Jademz Wrote:There are plots mentioned in the past, if I recall correctly, Steven Lisberger stated that he wanted to integrate a search engine as part of the plot.
I wonder if he's followed through with the idea. Perhaps that's what Flynns program is doing in that room, perhaps his meditation is in hope for what's about to take place. Then get's startled with the sound of an explosion.

It's possible Flynn/Clu may have witnessed a new policing of the programs in that sequence, and lines were just crossed.
Perhaps the two programs are the same, one took over the other, and/or was had to eliminate the old program. I love to guess.. hehe

I think that the whole USER as a deity concept will be expanded on more in TR2N and that thing about the gods being on top of Mt. Olympus reference is a perfect reference to explain what may or may not be going on in the Comic Con footage.

I also think that maybe Flynn's USER abilities may have evolved to a point where they are starting to backfire on him, and maybe he has to call upon TRON to help him, whereas in the first film, Flynn helped TRON. Also, per the color scheme used in TRON 2.0, maybe the Clu-like program seen in the "trailer" is a program Flynn wrote, that got corrupted and is going around killing off other programs with no conscience whatsoever. If they show TRON, I hope he looks like he does in a cutscene from TRON 2.0 that I've seen on youtube - with the same suit/body but with a beard/goatee to show his age.
Can't wait to see more info about TR2N!!!! End of Line.

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

RenegadeProgram
User

on Tuesday, September, 09, 2008 10:01 PM
RenegadeProgram Wrote:
Jademz Wrote:There are plots mentioned in the past, if I recall correctly, Steven Lisberger stated that he wanted to integrate a search engine as part of the plot.

I think that the whole USER as a deity concept will be expanded on more in TR2N and that thing about the gods being on top of Mt. Olympus reference is a perfect reference to explain what may or may not be going on in the Comic Con footage.

I also think that maybe Flynn's USER abilities may have evolved to a point where they are starting to backfire on him, and maybe he has to call upon TRON to help him, whereas in the first film, Flynn helped TRON - or maybe since Flynn and Alan may have had some type of rivalry in the real world, maybe their digital counterparts will have some type of dangerous rivalry in the system.

Also, per the color scheme used in TRON 2.0, maybe the Clu-like program seen in the "trailer" is a program Flynn wrote, that got corrupted and is going around killing off other programs, with no remorse whatsoever. If they show TRON, I hope he looks like he does in a cutscene from TRON 2.0 that I've seen on youtube - with the same suit/body but with a beard/goatee to show his age.
Can't wait to see more info about TR2N!!!! End of Line
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, September, 10, 2008 10:45 PM
RenegadeProgram Wrote:

Yeah, I could see how that may be interpreted into the trailer.

However, the victim is in a major travelway to another system, reminiscent of the first look at Emerald City in The Wizard of Oz, although I like seeing parallels, I believe it will be true to the direction given..

To address the actual nature of programs in the system may be a mistake for this film, and we may or may not see rhetoric that points to and exact social influence, due to the internalization of said programs. They left much to be desired about the personal embodiment of one's abilities, perhaps for a good reason. If there is balance, common descent of our cultural virtues, would be... hard to do for hollywood?
The reciprocal altruism may not be lifted to the heights we'd expect. But one can only hope with such a beautiful world..

RenegadeProgram Wrote:
I also think that maybe Flynn's USER abilities may have evolved to a point where they are starting to backfire on him, and maybe he has to call upon TRON to help him, whereas in the first film, Flynn helped TRON. Also, per the color scheme used in TRON 2.0, maybe the Clu-like program seen in the "trailer" is a program Flynn wrote, that got corrupted and is going around killing off other programs with no conscience whatsoever.

It looks like the pursuer is a system security program, perhaps just from another system also.

Whether this movie uses Tron 2.0 plots is entirely unseen. I think it would be foolish to think they actually did that.. Of course, WWE may be doing some commercials in it too. Hang on I gotta puke..

But the story is certainly not connecting yet.. hope they work out any grid bugs with a nice full trailer.

Zenith
User

on Friday, September, 19, 2008 10:24 PM
"Follow the yellow brick road!"

"Follow the yellow brick road?"

"Follow the yellow brick road!"order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

>> 10 rem *CONFORM*
>> 20 goto 10

>> "...and I'm outta the loop"

Neuromancer
User

on Saturday, September, 20, 2008 5:43 AM
Greetings programs.

I´ve read all these posts about a possible plot for the sequel, and according to what´s in the "proof of concept" these are my conclusions:

1. Kevin Flynn is in the real world. He seems to be a retired, accomodated and pretty unaccesible computer guru.

2. He´s accesing the computer world through a 3D hi-tech holographic computer display in his stylish house. Everything looks pretty zen (have a look at Kosinski´s tv comertials).

3. He´s not taking part in the events taking place inside the computer world. He´s an observer. Suddenley, something seems to be unexpected and very wrong there.

4. I still think that the green/yellow character is somehow an evolved version of Sark/Dillinger. This character seems to have an evil plan.

5. The character dressed in blue could be an alter ego of Flynn, something like Clue2, acting by its own or maybe following previous Flynn instructions. Both the green/yellow and the blue characters are programs, not users.

6. The computer world could be a self-contained, evolved, nostalgic recreation of old times computer world that Flynn has programed in a private high end computer. I think he´s been experimenting with the concept of "Artificial Intelligence" (AI), more or less the way Dillinger did with the MCP.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

END OF LINE

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TR2N plot / Flynn