Other Games 
 TRON Curve Ball MOD

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
zook_one
User

TRON Curve Ball MOD

on Thursday, October, 13, 2005 8:02 PM
I made a mod of this flash game Curve ball by by Paragon Digital Media. Made the game a little more TRONish. Enjoy! Let me know if bugs up. - zook_one

Click here to play TRON Curveball!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

[LDSO] LIVING DEAD SYSTEM OPERATORS www.LDSO.net

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

Re: TRON Curve Ball MOD

on Thursday, October, 13, 2005 8:22 PM
Haaaaaa!

That's great!

Not familiar with the original game, but your TRON mod of it is fun and looks really TRON-like!

Do you mind if I add it to the TRON-Sector file archives? I'll include your post in the write up of it.

My only problem with the game is that it slows down when I play it too large. The ball slows as it gets closer to my paddle. If I play it at about 50% screen size, it runs just fine.

Fun game - simple, but fun! where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, October, 13, 2005 8:57 PM
I hope you don't mind, I went ahead and added it to the file archives:

http://www.tron-sector.com/archives/default.aspx?do=gallery§ion=1&category=8&group=Flash%20Games
And put a blurb on the main page about it.

I think its great when folks come up with a TRON themed game, mod or fully original.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Thursday, October, 13, 2005 9:51 PM

Very cool. How did you learn how to code in Flash, if I may ask? I was thinking of trying some of that myself.

Tabulator
User

on Thursday, October, 13, 2005 10:03 PM
Actionscript is sort of like Visual Basic. It's sort of hard to memorize and control, because the code is all over the place, because each object has its own code, or maybe I'm just bad at it (Probably the latter).

policy:
Disabling your firewall: Free
Acquiring your information: Free
Shipping and handling: $30

We appreciate your cooperation.

Tabulator
User

on Thursday, October, 13, 2005 10:04 PM
If you get a demo of Flash MX 2004, it has some flash stuff to teach how to write.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and if you get a demo of Flash Decompiler, it won't let you decompile, but you can view the actionscript of the SWF files you open.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

policy:
Disabling your firewall: Free
Acquiring your information: Free
Shipping and handling: $30

We appreciate your cooperation.

zook_one
User

on Thursday, October, 13, 2005 11:45 PM
Todd,
Thanks for posting TRON Curve ball on the front page.

Boingo_Buzzard,
I have a lot of graphics software experience but I'm still a real Flash Novice. I just finish teaching myself with the HOT MX book by Lydia. Pretty good book works you through a great set of lessons all linked to a fiction website. All real applicable stuff.

For the Mod I did zero actionscripting. I just decomplied the game .swf file, Modified a lot of the symbols in the library, edited new Tron Sounds with Adobe Audition and swapped em in. I just had to dig around a little bit in the layers to figure out where to place my new sounds and delete symbols i didn't need. I learned some new lessons bugging the static and dynamic text... You can learn a lot on your own by reverse engineering things!

-Zabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

zook_one
User

on Thursday, October, 13, 2005 11:51 PM
Actually I just tried the game at home & it looks like some people will get a crappy serif default font showing up for the dynamic text. Anybody know how to fix that? embed a font for the file to use?

Also I gotta make the ball smaller, when I added the Alpha channel fade on the ball it made the hit area larger. I'll get a V1.1 out if I can figure out the text thing...

Anybody else having slowdown issues also? Again, I think the Alpha fade is a little tough to chew... but at least it looks good.

-Z

zook_one
User

on Friday, October, 14, 2005 4:39 PM
Todd,

a got the text thing fixed and made the alpha glow on the ball smaller so games a little more difficult - for you and the enemy paddle equally. Stupid photobucket wouldn't let the V1.1 notation stick but please repost the game and add the .1 if you have time. Thanks - Z

Tron Curve Ball V1.1

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Saturday, October, 15, 2005 3:48 PM
Ok, I've uploaded the V1.1 update.

And... I was playing it again. I'm starting to get the hang of it, or more accurately put, the meaning of the word "curve". Originally, I was trying to cause the ball to go one way or the other by the side of the paddle it hit, but this didn't seem to always work. Today I realized it is not the side of the paddle that matters, it is the spin you apply by moving the paddle as the ball is being hit. This speeds up the action dramatically once the ball starts bouncing AND curving all over the place!

If you continue to work on the game, I'd kind of like to see the enemy paddle get smarter a little quicker through the rounds. That would be cool.

lurkinghorror
User

on Sunday, October, 16, 2005 12:24 AM
Anyone have any high scores yet? My current is 21675 on level 7.

But level seven seems to be my glass ceiling. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

lurkinghorror
User

on Sunday, October, 16, 2005 12:41 AM
Scratch that. I made it to 22240 on level 8. But it just becomes at that point.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, October, 16, 2005 1:35 AM

Great mod of the game! It's simple, yet addictive . . . and now Tron-themed, too.

I also got as far as Level 8, then died. Gotta see if I can reach 9 next time.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

zook_one
User

on Sunday, October, 16, 2005 10:16 AM
I got 26685 Level 8 but I'm totally addicted to this thing...

Traahn
User

on Sunday, October, 16, 2005 2:49 PM
Good work on this, it's very cool

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Capt_Capacitor
User

on Sunday, October, 16, 2005 4:07 PM
nice work

now I have more reason to play this gamewhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

All that is visible must grow beyond itself, and extend into the realm of the invisible
"and it glows like...TROOOOOON!!!!" - Tommy Talirico
"Nice, now you can have hours of fun playing with your thick glowing rod " - Me

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Sunday, October, 16, 2005 7:10 PM
Ok, I suck - I just played several games and the best I got was 20,600 on Level 7.

That thing I said a few posts back about making the enemy paddle smarter quicker... never mind! I need to get smarter quicker!

It IS an addictive game!

I'd kind of like to play it multiplayer style now. Any way to pull that off?

zook_one
User

on Monday, October, 17, 2005 12:17 AM
I thought a multi-player mode would be sweet too, I've got no idea how though? any flash programmers around here?

-Z

Tori
User

on Monday, October, 17, 2005 5:54 PM
That's one addictive game... where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

==

flynn1978
User

on Monday, October, 17, 2005 6:30 PM
I didn't beat the high score, but I did get 21045 on LVL 7 :]order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games 
 TRON Curve Ball MOD